Introduce Yourself

ftmN

Mar 7, 2014
Australia
Hey guys, I'm ftmN, stands for my alias 'feetman'. Real name is Brendan, I've also come from CDC and have been following hockey for about 6~ years. I live in Australia, the worlds smallest hockey market and will be travelling soon to USA/Canada in about 3 weeks! Pleased to meet everyone :)

Wang Gretzky

Nov 8, 2013
Hey guys, I've been posting here since November and have been a canucks fan since 2000. I enjoy talking ****/defending my team. I'm really excited for this draft and hope we can get my boy from West Van: Sam

I will go down with this ship and look forward to the day we will finally taste the Cup.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Welcome newbies. Cucumber I too ventured over here from the land of fruit names, CDC. That place is a joke, glad to be here. I mostly just read updates, post only occasionaly.

Yeah, CDC was a really bad case of the mods comparing their **** sizes with posters on a regular basis.

HalfPastDan

Registered Schmoozer
Feb 7, 2010
Hey all, I've been around for a few years. Never been a consistent poster up until fairly recently. Long time reader though.

Like many of you, I migrated from CDC.

I think I'll be posting with more regularity for the foreseeable future, so figured I should introduce myself.

So.. um.. Hello!

LOLKarlsson*

I'm Brog! You don't want to know what it's short for.

Been an avid hockey fan since as early as I can remember. Was on CDC and ******. Long time lurker of Hfboards.

Didn't want to join because it seems pretty toxic and childish here, and ******/CDC advised against joining. But you can't deny the sheer volume of posters who live and breathe hockey here. I can live with some of the venom if it means regularly talking about trades/polls/canucks. Plus, I like the format of this site better than ******.

Go Nucks!

Edit: LOL, ****** is blocked out? That's hilarious.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Yeah, it's pretty doom and gloom over there. And hockey knowledge is not even close to this site.

HF is to CDC as a liberal arts instructor at community college who leases a new Volvo is to a 13 year-old obsessive 4chan poster who's failing English and has a pile of crusty socks and empty ramen bowls beside his bed.

Both can be annoying and you emotionally invest with either one at your own risk, but you're a hell of a lot more likely to get intelligent conversation out of the former.

Rooting4TheNUCKS

Feb 22, 2014
Drammen, Norway
Hi, Im CanucksAddict and I live in Norway one of the worst places on earth to live for an real hockey enthusiast as there's so few people sharing my passion for the game.
Anyways, I've been a Nucks fan for some time already (2010), but my love for the Nucks is just increasing even though this season has been outright horrible.

I've unfortunately never been to Vancouver, but still I managed to fall in love with them the way I did.
I planned to fly in for this years playoffs, but we all know why that ain't happening:(

I hope the 14-15 season will be the season where the Nucks brings home the Cup:)

Go Canucks, Go!

member 202355

I lurked CDC for a while.

A "while" meaning a few minutes, as the posts on there made me cry.

BC Ben

Mar 26, 2010
True North
I have been a hockey fan for about 30 years now, first in Winnipeg (second favourite team) and then came aboard the Canuck fanwagon just before the epic '94 run. I have been a STH for six years, but due to changing circumstances I am sadly not re-upping this next season (live in the far north, won't be travelling to the lower mainland as much these next few years, bought a house, getting married at end of May, likely babies in the future).

My fiancee is a Bieksa fan, and has seen numerous hockey games since we started dating. This past year, we caught Canucks' games in Anaheim, Edmonton, Winnipeg and of course Van. Her best comment at a game, and she comes up with a few (I love it!!) was at the Edmonton game (Smyth retirement game) where some rude fan saw our jerseys and yelled "Losers!", to which my girl replies very quickly "You have no right saying that about my team that missed the playoffs for the first time in eight years when your team hasn't sniffed the postseason in that long!" She got a whack of laughs from the home crowd and a few congratulations from Edmonton fans in neighbouring seats - so proud!

Last edited by a moderator:

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
been a hockey fan for as long as I can remember. Was originally a Chicago Blackhawks fan because of their jerseys in Blades of Steel. First hockey game i attended was Chicago / Vancouver. Then a Penguins fan because of Lemieux and furthermore their cup runs. Birthday present for about 10 years was penguins/canucks tickets. Started liking the Canucks in '94 but there was no getting past my boy Mario. Had my western and eastern conference team.

Started following the Canucks religiously in high school. A lot of my friends started getting into hockey at that point. A team gets good and people start watching, i know. Anyways, i'm stuck for life.

My life outside the game, i'm wait-listed to go back to school after my failed attempt at a career in Web Development. Currently driving forklifts... weee. I'm a sports junkie that enjoys playing most any sport, except basketball, because i'm absolutely brutal at it. Love soccer and skiing so if someone wants to hit the slopes next season or need an extra for soccer let me know. Other hobbies include darts, hackie-sack, and all card games.

As for the "who was i on CDC"? exactly the same name.

Last edited:

Demko

Aug 13, 2009
Delta, B.C.
Hey friends. I am EDDIE LACK. I am not the REAL Eddie Lack though :)

I am turning 26 soon and I have been a Canucks fan for about 22 of those years. I got my first Canucks jersey when I was 4 with name and # on it (still have it too). My uncle introduced me to hockey, specifically the Canucks. Bought me my first stick and net. Since then I have been infatuated with hockey.

I am a DIE HARD Canucks fan. It is my religion. I bleed Canucks colours until I die. I remember watching the '94 playoffs on my 13in tv scree. I remember SCREAMING at the top of my lungs when Bure buried the partial breakaway goal vs the Flames in double OT. I remember collapsing and shedding tears of joy. I've experienced both riots live and in person (unfortunately) as well...

Nice to meet all of you :D

hollywood99

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Hi guys,

Hollywood here. Born and raised in Vancouver, the nickname just came about for no real special reason, but no I'm not from California. Been on the boards 'lurking' for years now, and signed up a few years back. Haven't posted very much as seen by my count to the left.

I've been an hockey fan for as long as I can remember, close to 30 years now and have always been a hockey fan first and a Canucks fan second. Meaning I'll watch any game any time no matter who's playing. And I try to play myself as often as I can, but i'm a bit of a plug out there :)

I was recently give partner status on HF with a new blog a friend of mine and I started. Look for posts about our local team here and there and I hope you guys enjoy the posts to HF boards.

Cheers!
Hollywood (or Chris)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad