Hometown: Astana, Kazakhstan
Current Location: switches between Astana and Warsaw, Poland
Nationality: Kazakhstan
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 221
Job: Student
Favorite Hockey Team: Florida Panthers and Barys Astana, you can guess why
Favorite Player: probably McDavid, he is a magician
Favorite non Hockey Teams: i supported Newcastle United when I was watching football
Favorite Video Game: probably Overwatch
Favorite Song: currently yuragi - night is young
Favorite Band: Radiohead, My Bloody Valentine, Slowdive, Lantlos, Yuragi, Kanye West
Favorite Movie: Synecdoche, New York
Favorite Food: no idea
Favorite TV Show: Raw and Smackdown I guess
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: none :(

Now you must explain how does a dude from Kazakhstan start following the Florida Panthers? :thumbu:

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
What's up guys. Long time LA Kings fan here as I am born and raised in Southern California. Nov 2016 brought me to South Florida and earlier this year, I felt it was finally time to start to assimilate to the east. I bought a season seat (shout out to Section 122!) and am psyched to join the Panthers family. Looking forward to a fun season!

Name: Eric
Sex: M
Hometown: Plantation, FL
Current Location: Plantation, FL
Nationality: American
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 235
Job: Experiential Marketing
Favorite Hockey Team: East: Florida Panthers - West: LA Kings
Favorite Player: Drew Doughty. Need to watch my new team more to become familiar with the guys.
Favorite non Hockey Teams: Lakers, 49ers, Dodgers
Favorite Video Game: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Favorite Song: Who knows song titles?!
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Favorite Movie: Dude, Where's My Car needs a sequel!
Favorite Food: I miss the hell out of In N Out! And I've yet to find good mexican food here.
Favorite TV Show: Survivor (hell yeah, still watch it!)
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Personalized Panthers Jersey. Still have all my LA Kings stuff with my brother in CA.

I don't really have words to describe how much I appreciate your decision to support our hometown team. Hockey fans from some other regions of the country who make their way to South Florida could really learn from your generous and gentlemanly spirit.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

stppnmd

Oct 3, 2019
Now you must explain how does a dude from Kazakhstan start following the Florida Panthers? :thumbu:

Not the most interesting of stories. In childhood I had an old Sega console with NHL on it. So I was scrolling through the teams' logos (as it was the only thing I could comprehend) and I especially liked Panthers' and Sharks', Florida a little more. So years later, when I was actually getting into NHL, I just gravitated towards Panthers. And, ironically enough, I prefer the new logo to the old one.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Not the most interesting of stories. In childhood I had an old Sega console with NHL on it. So I was scrolling through the teams' logos (as it was the only thing I could comprehend) and I especially liked Panthers' and Sharks', Florida a little more. So years later, when I was actually getting into NHL, I just gravitated towards Panthers. And, ironically enough, I prefer the new logo to the old one.

Funny how that works.

When I was younger, in '94, my mom bought a bunch of my clothes at Walmart. Florida was an expansion team then, same with Anaheim. She ended up luck of the draw just buying Florida Panthers stuff. I was in grade 2 and I lived with my mom and sister so I didn't have a rooting interest like most kids (i.e. Toronto, Detroit, Montreal) because my father wasn't around. So naturally I started to root for Florida because I had all the clothes of them. Two years later I was in grade 4 and it was the year the rat. Coolest thing ever!

panthersdu67

Oct 5, 2019
Hi everyone, this is my first message on HF boards. I discovered this forum last year and read a lot of interesting stuff and comments on it, decided I would join for this season. Go Panthers !!!

Name: Nick

Hometown: Strasbourg
Current Location: Alsace
Nationality: Swiss
Height: Mentioned in my tinder bio, so tall enough.
Weight: Few kilos more than during my hockey playing years.
Mode of Transportation: Huskvarna Svartpilen and bikes primarily.
Job: Movie industry
Favorite Hockey Team: PANTHERS !!!!!!!!!
Favorite Player: Pavel Bure sits at the top. Big fan of Worrell and Luongo over the years. Now Barky and Hoff
Favorite Video Game: NHL 1999, was my first video game, and the intro video was sick !!!
Favorite Song: too many
Favorite Band: too many
Favorite Movie: Many, but I could at least mention The Thing, Apocalypse Now, Heat, Sicario, Le Corbeau, Un prophète...
Favorite Food: Italian
Favorite TV Show: True Detective S01, The Wire, The Sopranos, Tchernobyl, Mindhunter, Extras, Louie
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Old red Panthers (no name on it) and my jersey from my former team (number 61)

Other sport interests/activity : Mountainbiking, Freeskiing, Spearfishing (any fellow spearos down there in Florida ???)

P.S. : yes I added a last category, hope that's ok ?

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Hi everyone, this is my first message on HF boards. I discovered this forum last year and read a lot of interesting stuff and comments on it, decided I would join for this season. Go Panthers !!!

Name: Nick
Hometown: Strasbourg
Current Location: Alsace
Nationality: Swiss
Height: Mentioned in my tinder bio, so tall enough.
Weight: Few kilos more than during my hockey playing years.
Mode of Transportation: Huskvarna Svartpilen and bikes primarily.
Job: Movie industry
Favorite Player: Pavel Bure sits at the top. Big fan of Worrell and Luongo over the years. Now Barky and Hoff
Favorite Video Game: NHL 1999, was my first video game, and the intro video was sick !!!
Favorite Band: too many
Favorite Movie: Many, but I could at least mention The Thing, Apocalypse Now, Heat, Sicario, Le Corbeau, Un prophète...
Favorite TV Show: True Detective S01, The Wire, The Sopranos, Tchernobyl, Mindhunter, Extras, Louie
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Old red Panthers (no name on it) and my jersey from my former team (number 61)
Other sport interests/activity : Mountainbiking, Freeskiing, Spearfishing (any fellow spearos down there in Florida ???)

P.S. : yes I added a last category, hope that's ok ?
Welcome friend.

Flying Fluffy

Jul 19, 2020
Hey everyone! Ok so I just posted my first post here & it was suggested that I introduce myself here. My name is Eric but everyone calls me Jaws. Born & raised in Miami where I could walk to JRS. Been a huge Panther fan since day one, named my first dog Beezer and my Ebay store has been Beezersbooks since 2001. After the purge during the summer of 16 I started a YouTube channel & have been doing videos and recaps for 4 years. Obviously the shutdown took a toll on me so I am beyond excited that the games will start soon. My main claim to fame is that on my old twitter account ( jawsaholic) it was my tweet that finally got Doug Cifu to respond to everyone talking about the Gallant/Cab situation. Also I have the best dog ever on planet earth & 2 other dogs that try to compete lol. I bitch and complain alot because I am a perfectionist but live & die with the Panthers regardless. I posted todays video in the main thread so I wont double post here, but I am doing daily videos now since I am sick of bitching that I have been doing it for 4 years and still don't have 1000 subs. Game nights I am mostly on twitter but certainly look for me here after games once the recaps videos are posted.

Name: Eric ( Jaws)
Hometown: Miami
Current Location: Eastern Shore MD
Nationality: Basque
Height: 5'6
Weight: 160-180 depending on if my Lyme is active
Mode of Transportation: Big White Van
Job: Self Employed Online sales and I am a Medium
Favorite Player: I know I will catch hell for this, but, honestly, Gudbranson
Favorite Video Game: dont play but I loved Adventure on old Atari
Favorite Song: So Sad So Lonely - MB20
Favorite Band: Hall & Oates
Favorite Movie: Jaws, duh
Favorite Food: Carbs

Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: One original logo no name jersey & a million shirts

Other sport interests/activity : taking my dogs to the river every day, I live a few hundred yards away

Desert Panther

Resident Lurker
Jun 23, 2002
Frisco, TX
Visit site
Where are the old posters at? We know you're still here, there's nothing else to do right now :laugh:

Still lurking here as usual...

Name: Matt
Hometown: Miami
Current Location: Frisco, TX
Nationality: 'Murican
Height: 6'0
Weight: 210
Mode of Transportation: 2013 Charger
Job: Technical Program Management
Favorite Hockey Team: Duh!
Favorite Player: Sasha right now, used to love watching Bure and before that too many to list
Favorite Video Game: Too many (replaying Diablo III at present)
Favorite Song: Helloween - Pumpkins United (changes almost weekly)
Favorite Band: Dream Theater / Helloween
Favorite Movie: Army of Darkness
Favorite Food: BBQ
Favorite TV Show: Too many
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: A lot! Some Panthers, some Coyotes from my time in AZ, a couple All-Star Game jerseys with Roenick sigs on them.

The Brodatype

Aug 1, 2014
Name: Ryan
Hometown: Vancouver
Current Location: East Van
Nationality: Canadian
Height: 6ft
Weight: sexy enough
Mode of Transportation: Scion FRS
Job: Photographer
Favourite Hockey Team: Vancouver Canucks/Florida Panthers ( I love that my 10 year old self chose the Panthers as my second favourite team all my favourites play for both teams)
Favourite Player: Bure then... Barkov/Pettersson now.
Favourite Video Game: Fire Pro Wrestling World
Favourite Song: Can you hear me knocking
Favourite Band: Stones
Favourite Movie: Shawshank
Favourite Food: Anything I can fit in my mouth.
Favourite TV Show: Jeopardy
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: New Panthers Red, OG Panthers white.. barely fits, Cancucks jerseys.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Since y'all are asking for the OG posters to come out of the woodwork, here goes:

Name: Alex
Hometown: Saint John, NB, Canada
Current Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Nationality: Canadian (1st Generation from Polish immigrants, I'm fluent in Polish too!)
Height: Not tall at all, think Marty St. Louis
Weight: Think Mary St. Louis without the muscle
Mode of Transportation: Car, Honda Civic or Chevy Cruz
Job: Sports Broadcasting Industry (TSN)
Favorite Hockey Team: Florida Panthers
Favorite Player: Between Bure and Jagr as a kid, nowadays I don't really have as many "favorite players" but I enjoy watching guys like Kucherov play.
Favorite Video Game: Halo 3
Favorite Song: Really too hard to pick
Favorite Band: Blink, TMV, The Beatles, Big Wreck
Favorite Movie: Jurassic Park (1993)
Favorite TV Show: The Simpsons, Futurama, The Sopranos, The Office, Parks & Rec
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Quite a bit. Luongo red from a couple years ago, A navy Panthers with my name on it, a Black Canucks Bure 96 Jersey, Baby Blue Trashers Kovalchuk jersey, Rangers Lady Liberty Alternate Jagr jersey, Grey VGK Blank jersey and a few others.

Other sport interests/activity : Fishing, Video Games, Softball, Puzzles/Lego and reading. I also enjoy pickup hockey but it's been a while with this COVID stuff.

oOwlCat

FL > TN
Jun 24, 2010
Nashville, TN
Don't post much but been a member for a while. FL raised but moved to NSH last summer.
Name: Alex
Hometown: WPB
Current Location: Nashville, TN
Nationality: USA baby
Height: 5'10
Weight: 180
Mode of Transportation: F150
Job: Marketing
Favorite Hockey Team: Panthers!
Favorite Player: Outside of the panthers - Auston Matthews or
Favorite Video Game: NHL
Favorite Song: Sweet Disposition - Temper Trap
Favorite Band: Not sure
Favorite Movie: Not sure
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite TV Show: IASIP
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Panthers: Baby Blue Kuli, Home Barkov, Home Tippett. Nashville: Home Turris

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Name: Josh
Hometown: SW ONT, Canada
Current Location: hasn't changed
Height: 6'0
Weight: 160
Mode of Transportation: Chevy Equinox
Job: former Zamboni driver, currently on long term disability
Favorite Hockey Team: Panthers!
Favorite Player: Outside of the panthers - my cousin, Mason Millman, who currently plays for the Saginaw Spirit of the OHL. Was a fourth-round pick by the Philadelphia Flyers in 2019. He has currently been asked to try out for the Canadian world junior hockey team. Exciting!
Favorite Video Game: used to play sports games, haven't touched a video game in a solid seven years probably
Favorite Song: feel by Kendrick Lamar
Favorite Band: I like a lot of music: rock, rap, and the punk. That's hard to choose one band
Favorite Movie: everybody wants some ( is the second Dazed and Confused movie, same director. It's about a college baseball team in the 80s. It really only has one scene of them playing baseball. The rest is all partying.)
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite TV Show: I don't really watch shows, Just Sports. I am a sucker for a good reality TV show, as there is some skill involved it seems like.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Panthers 3 blank original red jerseys, one half and half Jersey, new red Jagr, navy blue J-Bo, red Gordie Howe, black Bobby Orr, white Team Canada Rick Nash
Baseball white Joe Carter, grey Brett Cecil, white Guerro Jr, white sleeveless Joey Votto Reds, red Edwin Canada Day, white Batista
Purple Tracy McGrady Raptors, blank teal Vancouver Grizzlies
Kansas City Chiefs white Patrick Mahomes, white priest Holmes, white Jamaal Charles, red Dwayne Bowe

I did the whole list off the top of my head without looking in my closet. I wear a lot of jerseys lol

Last edited:

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
Apparently I was on here for a few years starting in 2002, mostly defending Kristian Huselius and complaining about dirty hits and fighting IIRC. The Huselius part hasn't aged well, even if his failure with the Panthers was mostly incompatibility with the coach.

Name: Carl
Hometown: Stockholm, Sweden
Current Location: Stockholm
Nationality: Swedish
Height: 6'2
Weight: 210ish
Mode of Transportation: Feet and public transportation
Job: IT/Pharma
Favorite Hockey Team: Djurgården and Panthers
Favorite Player: Bret Hedican and Marcus Krüger. Current Panther is probably Aaron Ekblad.
Favorite Video Game: GTA Vice City?
Favorite Song: Consideration by Reef
Favorite Band: Don't know
Favorite Movie: Mulholland Dr. My love for movies rivals that for hockey.
Favorite Food: Maybe subs
Favorite TV Show: Miami Vice
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: None

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Name: Ryan
Hometown: Vancouver
Current Location: East Van
Height: 6ft
Weight: sexy enough
Mode of Transportation: Scion FRS
Job: Photographer
Favourite Hockey Team: Vancouver Canucks/Florida Panthers ( I love that my 10 year old self chose the Panthers as my second favourite team all my favourites play for both teams)
Favourite Player: Bure then... Barkov/Pettersson now.
Favourite Video Game: Fire Pro Wrestling World
Favourite Song: Can you hear me knocking
Favourite Band: Stones
Favourite Movie: Shawshank
Favourite Food: Anything I can fit in my mouth.
Favourite TV Show: Jeopardy
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: New Panthers Red, OG Panthers white.. barely fits, Cancucks jerseys.

We're neighbours!

radkison

May 14, 2011
Mississippi
Name: rad
Sex: occasionally
Hometown: Biloxi MS
Current Location: Same
Height: 5'9
Weight: 185
Mode of Transportation: '13 Malibu
Job: sales
Favorite Hockey Team: Panthers
Favorite Player: Huberdeau
Favorite Video Game: Blades of steel
Favorite Band: in flames
Favorite Movie: inception
Favorite Food: seafood
Favorite TV Show: The mandolorian
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: original red panthers Huberdeau

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Name: rad
Sex: occasionally
Hometown: Biloxi MS
Current Location: Same
Weight: 185
Mode of Transportation: '13 Malibu
Job: sales
Favorite Hockey Team: Panthers
Favorite Player: Huberdeau
Favorite Video Game: Blades of steel
Favorite Band: in flames
Favorite Movie: inception
Favorite Food: seafood
Favorite TV Show: The mandolorian
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: original red panthers Huberdeau

Blaaaaadesssss.......of.......STTTEEEELL!

How does one from Mississippi fall in love with the Panthers?
I'm a Canadian so just curious how us Panthers fans come to be?

wampa13jku

Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL
Name: Rob
Hometown: Puerto Rico
Current Location: Davie, FL
Weight: 240
Mode of Transportation: 13' Wrangler, 18' Ram 1500