Intro Post

dino26

May 22, 2008
MN via Glasgow
Bit of a welcome post!

Im a re-energized hockey fan, im mainly into NFL and MLB and have been on/off with hockey when I was younger liking certain players like Crosby, Lundqvist etc. All my sports teams are NY (Jets, Yankees) and passively followed hockey and mainly NYR/Leafs, I would buy jerseys for players I liked and played the occasional NHL video game. I dont live in NYC but it is my favorite state to visit.

I want to get into hockey more and even though I know more about NYR or Leafs (lived in Toronto for a year) I am glued to the Islanders, one of my buddies who is a big Jets fan has got me into it and told me all about the rags and why the Islanders are the better team. I am removing any prior favoritism to NYR and see how truly awesome NYI is for the state of NY, we may not be an original six team but I am obsessed. NY Jets - Isles and Yankees fan here now! I really want to get a Sorokin Stadium Series jersey for when those come out soon!

As a wrestling fan I find it awesome that Isles do the "YES, YES, YES" chant, this Xmas I got a Anders Lee jersey and own a Matt Barzal jersey. It has got to a point where NHL is becoming more of a favorite sport for me than the NHL. I got my daughter the Sparky dragon plushie for Christmas and she loves it! I hope to save up and take my family to the new UBS arena for our first Islanders game for next season or the season after.

Just wanted to say go Isles and look forward to taking part in this sub-forum.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Bit of a welcome post!

Im a re-energized hockey fan, im mainly into NFL and MLB and have been on/off with hockey when I was younger liking certain players like Crosby, Lundqvist etc. All my sports teams are NY (Jets, Yankees) and passively followed hockey and mainly NYR/Leafs, I would buy jerseys for players I liked and played the occasional NHL video game. I dont live in NYC but it is my favorite state to visit.

I want to get into hockey more and even though I know more about NYR or Leafs (lived in Toronto for a year) I am glued to the Islanders, one of my buddies who is a big Jets fan has got me into it and told me all about the rags and why the Islanders are the better team. I am removing any prior favoritism to NYR and see how truly awesome NYI is for the state of NY, we may not be an original six team but I am obsessed. NY Jets - Isles and Yankees fan here now! I really want to get a Sorokin Stadium Series jersey for when those come out soon!

As a wrestling fan I find it awesome that Isles do the "YES, YES, YES" chant, this Xmas I got a Anders Lee jersey and own a Matt Barzal jersey. It has got to a point where NHL is becoming more of a favorite sport for me than the NHL. I got my daughter the Sparky dragon plushie for Christmas and she loves it! I hope to save up and take my family to the new UBS arena for our first Islanders game for next season or the season after.

Just wanted to say go Isles and look forward to taking part in this sub-forum.
Hello dino26 and welcome to our forum. I'm sorta the resident Islander guru on these boards knowledgeable about everything and anything Islander related so if you should have any questions please be sure to ask.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
giphy.gif

Last edited:

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I just figured it’s Christmas be nice .

Dino send all comments , concerns ,questions,etc,etc to Rehabguy
and starting today the rest of us will do the same . Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas Rehab
Hey, I agree. We all come here for entertainment, right? I'm just having fun - and he seems like he can take a joke. :)

Reactions: Sparksrus3

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Hey, I agree. We all come here for entertainment, right? I'm just having fun - and he seems like he can take a joke. :)
How dare You!!! Lol

Dino, I’m also BTW a personal advisor to Lambert and can take all the credit for how well the Islanders are doing right now. Lol

Reactions: dino26

dino26

May 22, 2008
MN via Glasgow
Hello dino26 and welcome to our forum. I'm sorta the resident Islander guru on these boards knowledgeable about everything and anything Islander related so if you should have any questions please be sure to ask.
1703695526650.png

...someone else. :sarcasm:

Welcome aboard Dino.
Haha
I just figured it’s Christmas be nice .

Dino send all comments , concerns ,questions,etc,etc to Rehabguy
and starting today the rest of us will do the same . Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas Rehab
Cheers, hope you had a Merry Christmas! Of course only the guru can share thy knowledge 😜

I love the banter
He has ties to the Rags and Laffs so he obviously can take a joke
Haha well yeah, grew up playing the NHL video game and naturally selected Rangers and Leafs as those are the teams well know. I did a year abroad in Toronto and got into hockey then and rooted for them that year then just fell off hockey altogether. My good buddy who is a NYJ fan got me into it and told me straight your an islanders fan not a rag lol, it has been fun learning about the Isles and the new USB arena looks creme de la creme 👌
How dare You!!! Lol

Dino, I’m also BTW a personal advisor to Lambert and can take all the credit for how well the Islanders are doing right now. Lol
I hope he has been listening to you recently then and you are not to blame for any prior questionable decisions haha.
Welcome Dino. Great loyal fans here. Lifers, newbies and all those in between, and we are all prepared to share the joy and misery with you. And humor...a lot of the conversations here bring a laugh.
That is what it is about, im a big football guy and love the NY Jets you gotta appreciate the lows to appreciate the highs. Gotta find humor in the misery, as they say if you dont laugh you will cry. Though the Islanders are doing great. My "good team" is the Yankees.
Welcome! Too bad you didn’t post this last month. I was just in Glasgow for a few days earlier this month. We could’ve had a beer! Cheers
Ah no way, I would of had tons of suggestions for you, I actually moved across the pond and live in Minnesnowta now so I should get that updated on here. I hope you enjoyed your stay and I am glad you went to Glasgow, most americans tend to only go to Edinburgh because it is the capital but Edinburgh is a bit hoity toity, Glasgow is the real deal, the people are great and would take their jacket off their back to give it to you if needed.

Dino26 come get the Stanley Cup!

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
View attachment 790828

Haha

Cheers, hope you had a Merry Christmas! Of course only the guru can share thy knowledge 😜

I love the banter

Haha well yeah, grew up playing the NHL video game and naturally selected Rangers and Leafs as those are the teams well know. I did a year abroad in Toronto and got into hockey then and rooted for them that year then just fell off hockey altogether. My good buddy who is a NYJ fan got me into it and told me straight your an islanders fan not a rag lol, it has been fun learning about the Isles and the new USB arena looks creme de la creme 👌

I hope he has been listening to you recently then and you are not to blame for any prior questionable decisions haha.

That is what it is about, im a big football guy and love the NY Jets you gotta appreciate the lows to appreciate the highs. Gotta find humor in the misery, as they say if you dont laugh you will cry. Though the Islanders are doing great. My "good team" is the Yankees.

Ah no way, I would of had tons of suggestions for you, I actually moved across the pond and live in Minnesnowta now so I should get that updated on here. I hope you enjoyed your stay and I am glad you went to Glasgow, most americans tend to only go to Edinburgh because it is the capital but Edinburgh is a bit hoity toity, Glasgow is the real deal, the people are great and would take their jacket off their back to give it to you if needed.

I would have been more impressed with you if you came guns blazing and posted something like this....

Of course, I'm the cool one though.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Dino
On this board you will not be flagged,tagged,pegged,suspended or upended.You will not be reported or deported just for saying what you will unlike certain other boards and you won’t be spellchecked ( lol ) . I got a warning while mentioning a certain Maple syrup I didn’t like and I wasn’t even online at the time ( darn leaf fans ). . Many of us don’t venture out to main boards because it’s a very dangerous place. Even though many of us don’t know each other I would drive an hour or two to help them change a tire if asked to do so. Kick off your slippers ,open the scotch, get ready for last minute goals against and shootout losses . Its ok though , WE ARE ALL ISLANDERS

Thats all I have to say about that

dino26

May 22, 2008
MN via Glasgow
I would have been more impressed with you if you came guns blazing and posted something like this....

Of course, I'm the cool one though.

I am sorry I let you down
Dino
On this board you will not be flagged,tagged,pegged,suspended or upended.You will not be reported or deported just for saying what you will unlike certain other boards and you won’t be spellchecked ( lol ) . I got a warning while mentioning a certain Maple syrup I didn’t like and I wasn’t even online at the time ( darn leaf fans ). . Many of us don’t venture out to main boards because it’s a very dangerous place. Even though many of us don’t know each other I would drive an hour or two to help them change a tire if asked to do so. Kick off your slippers ,open the scotch, get ready for last minute goals against and shootout losses . Its ok though , WE ARE ALL ISLANDERS

Thats all I have to say about that
Sounds good, yeah I dont plan on venturing out much to be honest, let the good and not so good times roll!
Hi

Any tips for using the forum on mobile, is there an alternative app for loading this forum without the nuisance ad banners? I use tapatalk forum but dont believe it is on there, also is there a discord server for Isles or HFBoards in general?

Reactions: PWJunior

slurpee addict

Winter is Coming
Jul 13, 2018
Winnipeg
View attachment 790828

Haha

I love the banter

True enough. A bunch of my golf group are from Glasgow and are a ton of fun and not hoity toity. They’re Ranger fans though.
Easy fellas - Glasgow Rangers, not those other f@#$ wads.

dino26

May 22, 2008
MN via Glasgow
True enough. A bunch of my golf group are from Glasgow and are a ton of fun and not hoity toity. They’re Ranger fans though.
Easy fellas - Glasgow Rangers, not those other f@#$ wads.
See that's why I passively followed them and got a jersey because of the red, white and blue but now I'm across the pond and actually into learning more of both teams it's the Isles for me. Got to love the orange, white and blue ..plus my Mrs is a Auburn fan so the colors line up well with the in laws haha.
Wholesome HF moment
Cheers bro

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino