Internet Speed

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
Only problem is most of the services / servers don't even run that fast so it's sort of useless at this time.
Yeah I figured. I could get faster internet here if I felt like paying for it, but I'm fine with the 15/5 mbps d/u I have now.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Yeah I figured. I could get faster internet here if I felt like paying for it, but I'm fine with the 15/5 mbps d/u I have now.

5 up is pretty sweet compared to what most people in this thread posted. I get like 3 up and that's the best available in my area outside of business class stuff. It says 5 but It never goes that high.

Anything over 20 down is mostly just eye candy for sales brochures in terms of private residences. Up is where I focus.

Here they have a 55mb that requires a special modem but those speeds just aren't needed right now and the cost is 40% higher than normal services.

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
1202757559.png

Advertised 30 down, 2 up. Perfect!

neofury*

1201994133.png

How does one make it better? :laugh:

Sympatico removal :laugh:

Seriously though Bell is horse ****, that's your problem. I'm guessing you pay for 5-6mbit and only get 2.5 tops... sounds exactly like the reason I left Bell in the first place :(

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Sort of. I am one of our team leads, so I don't really test the game myself, but make test plans and boss around the people that do the actual testing. If you were to compare it to say, a baseball team, I'd be the pitching coach.

Damnit! Can you tell that I hate my corporate job? Heheh.... I work for a company that owns several prominent A/V manufacturers. I get good discounts on gear, but my day to day job sucks!

If you don't mind me asking (again), what kind of compensation do those testers that you manage pull in?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Edit. Had to look...

1201872838.png

I win.

Mokkula FTW. I have a friend or two who even play on Xbox Live with that type of a connection. hilarious how they're pings vary even during a game.

Just wondering how much you people are paying for your connection? I pay 38 euros a month for my 8/1M and that's not too bad but my hometown basically has one ISP available via the local phone company so there's no cheaper options available. :(

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Man, I'm glad I ventured into this thread. I'm supposed to to be getting 12/2 from Comcast for $45/month. Well my tests came back really high which got me worried I had the wrong plan. Sure enough, Comcast upgraded me to 20/4 for $60/month without even telling me :shakehead. Glad I caught it early.

1203791654.png

I wonder how bad it will be once it downgrades :laugh:

edit: New test after calling Comcrap
1204066392.png

Last edited:

member 51464

I kind of miss the days of being in the dorm back in 2008. Fast and cheap!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad