Interesting Info: Part XV (All Jackets-related "tidbits" in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I think they could have won the Cup. That may be a stretch, as the Kings were damn good...but, could have at least given the Kings a greater run than they got from the Rangers. They could have gotten past the Rangers, and they proved capable of beating Montreal in the regular season. It's not that far of an idea, with the way they played in the playoffs ... if someone had caught fire offensively, things could have gone very differently..

I am not sure if you are right, but I totally get that train of thought. As a Sharks fan from way back, when they lost to the Leafs back in QF back in their miracle year, I am convinced that if Garpanlov hadn't hit the post and the Sharks won game 6 and that series, they would have beat the Canucks in the conference finals and given the Rangers and Messier a huge battle.

That team did EVERYTHING right, even though they weren't very good, to be honest. They had 5 awesome players, and 3 lines of grit and Irbe being incredible. Just needed one play.

…and I was sure the Jackets were going to beat the Rangers.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
I am not sure if you are right, but I totally get that train of thought. As a Sharks fan from way back, when they lost to the Leafs back in QF back in their miracle year, I am convinced that if Garpanlov hadn't hit the post and the Sharks won game 6 and that series, they would have beat the Canucks in the conference finals and given the Rangers and Messier a huge battle.

That team did EVERYTHING right, even though they weren't very good, to be honest. They had 5 awesome players, and 3 lines of grit and Irbe being incredible. Just needed one play.

…and I was sure the Jackets were going to beat the Rangers.

I had a hilarious response ready in case you'd reversed the order or your paragraphs, but you didn't so I can't use it.

Short version: San Jose would not have beaten Vancouver in 1994.

Long version: Nobody was going to beat Vancouver in that conference finals. They'd just destroyed Dallas, who had plenty of talent and plenty of physicality (some of it legal). The soft Vancouver team that had folded the previous two seasons got punched in the mouth by Dallas, but got right back up and countered with a flying elbow. That was a brutally physical series and Vancouver just dismantled the Stars.

Now, could San Jose have just bogged down Vancouver with non-physical defense and then countered? Sure, and it might have gotten them a game or two. But not four.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I had a hilarious response ready in case you'd reversed the order or your paragraphs, but you didn't so I can't use it.

So now you have responses to posts before they are made and dependent on the order in which points are stated?

:huh::bow::laugh:

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Set your DVRs. Oct 1st FS-O is replaying Game 2 and Oct 3rd it's Game 4. Both at 8pm. I might have to get DVR specifically for this purpose.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
great news!

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 37s
Dispatch: After summer surge at box office, #CBJ season ticket sales push back over 10,000 for first time in 5 years

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
great news!

Dispatch: After summer surge at box office, #CBJ season ticket sales push back over 10,000 for first time in 5 years

I'm thrilled to be one of the new ones :)

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
great news!

2 years ago after the Nash trade, we were down to a franchise low of ~7,000 and I think after the lockout shortened season it jumped to ~8,000? Maybe in the low 8,000's, but not too much. This past season's success and the upcoming ASG definitely caused a big bounce back and it's great to see.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
2 years ago after the Nash trade, we were down to a franchise low of ~7,000 and I think after the lockout shortened season it jumped to ~8,000? Maybe in the low 8,000's, but not too much. This past season's success and the upcoming ASG definitely caused a big bounce back and it's great to see.

We ain't seen nothin' yet. A good run in the playoffs will push that number back above 12,000.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I want to eat that bacon dog.

Only problem is that I've made it a personal tradition to gorge on Skyline at every Jackets game I attend. I guess I could do both.. :)

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Pete, I think there is a subliminal message in white to confuse old guys like us. As you can see in the quote it says " chat homage". Dang youngins. :laugh:

I kinda knew his exaggeration was intended, EK, but I don't use emoticons and have no idea how to add such hidden messages, so perhaps my response sounded more sincere than I hoped it might!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad