GDT: Inter-squad scrimmage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Lots to be excited about. Thanks for the post. The big Russian healthy and ready to play sounds great.

If he stays healthy I will be shocked if he doesn’t get some games this season.

Just so much confidence and seems like a born leader. He was directing play every shift. I’ve been to a ton of these camp things and I’ve never seen a kid take charge like he did today.

He also knew all the guys names, which for some reason really impressed me when he was calling out directions. I was sitting right above him in the D zone so I got to hear it all.

Last edited:

racingmoose

Apr 11, 2016
If he stays healthy I will be shocked if he doesn’t get some games this season.

Just so much confidence and seems like a born leader. He was directing play every shift. I’ve been to a ton of these camp things and I’ve never seen a kid take charge like he did today.

He also knew all the guys names, which for some reason really impressed me when he was calling out directions. I was sitting right above him in the D zone so I got to hear it all.

Yes, he has talent but I was also impressed with his attitude, communication, and how interacted with the everyone on the ice. It's one of those intangibles that's so important and often overlooked.

Jun 15, 2007
Are you guys saying Johansen has been leapfrogged by two guys drafted two years later and lower to boot?

Reactions: searle

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Without a doubt, AA & MF are ahead of LuJo.

Both will be full-timers in the next two years, IMO.

AA will need time to adjust to the NHL/pro player sizes, while MF will have the upper hand in the regard, having played against grown men for two years.

I personally wouldn’t move either AA or MF.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
I just don’t see LuJo or Hobbs having futures in Washington. I can see both being moved this year for young forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad