GDT: Inter-squad scrimmage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Not for nothing but there is Sutter brother, not sure which one, sitting next to me. He has his roster sheet and is taking copious notes.

Edit: It’s def Ron. And I suppose he is just watching his kid. :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Corby78

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Fehervary just outmuscled Getsich so bad for that puck before the Pilon goal

Charles Calvert

Jun 21, 2019
Fehervary was by far the best guy out there. He should be a call up this year, 100%.

Pinho looks polished and could be ready. So did Malenstyn. I would put both guys above Gersich and AFJ in terms of sheer readiness.

Oh and McMichael is going to be a very fun player.

Reactions: TheFountainhead

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Alexeyev should be the first D callup, he is already better than Djoos. Made two bad passes but he was still my player of the game. Whatever “it” is, he has it.

McMichael played well made a lot of small plays that generated offense.

AJF didn’t do much offensively, although he had an assist on Sutter’s tying goal, but defensively he played great. Broke up plays with his stick and anticipated others and cut them off.

Snively and Pinho provided tons of offensive. Stephenson should be scared.

Fehreverey has “how did he get to that puck so fast” speed.

Malenstyn had some nice chances.

Biggest disappointment was probably Gersich, just not getting rid of the puck quick enough and getting hit because of it. He almost fought a guy who checked him behind the net and kept hitting him. He seemed frustrated.

Charles Calvert

Jun 21, 2019
Alexeyev should be the first D callup, he is already better than Djoos. Made two bad passes but he was still my player of the game. Whatever “it” is, he has it.

AJF didn’t do much offensively, although he had an assist on Sutter’s tying goal, but defensively he played great. Broke up plays with his stick and anticipated others and cut them off.

Biggest disappointment was probably Gersich, just not getting rid of the puck quick enough and getting hit because of it. He almost fought a guy who checked him behind the net and kept hitting him. He seemed frustrated.

All spot on. Gersich didn't look good today, he just makes slow decisions out there a lot. He struggled a lot with that in Hershey.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009

Lots to be excited about. Thanks for the post. The big Russian healthy and ready to play sounds great.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Not to get too ahead of myself, but from the descriptions of Alexeyev and Fehervary there may come a time in the not too distant future where Orlov and Djoos could be replaced.

An Orlov departure as soon as next summer would certainly allow more cap flexibility for resigning Backstrom and Holtby.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maldini
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad