TSN: Insider Trading: Expect 8 Yr Extension For Bergeron in Offseason/Chara Punches Crosby

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
The lenghts these wonks will go to uphold the "honor" of Crosby. What a load of crap. Hardly ill intent with that soft left. More a get outta here shot, not sure Chara even knew who he dispatching with that poke.

STOP CRYING PENS! Oh wait, they cant...

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Bergy, love him, but 8 years is too much for someone with concussion history.

If memory serves me right, ltir isn't a get out of jail free card.

In the offseason, the cap hit is still counted until a certain date when players can be put on ltir. So with savvy and Bergy having dead money on the cap every beginning of offseason, that will limit your moves. You can go over the cap by a small percentage, but that won't cover what I'm assuming will be 10 million combined between savvy and Bergy.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Seidenberg Giroux and TB during cup run. All 3 very innocent...

After a major (probably any) concussion you are more prone to reoccurring ones. Just think the term is way to long go back and look at the reactions (over reactions) of people/posters from the Giroux hit. 1/2 of them wanted him to retire for his own long term safety etc...
Bergeron ran into him. Plau had stopped and Bergy wasn't paying attention and ran right into Seids as he was turning around. Face full of shoulder pad plus his shield.

Not worried about concussions. Lock him up for life!

EastCoastNiner

Nov 21, 2008
Bergeron ran into him. Plau had stopped and Bergy wasn't paying attention and ran right into Seids as he was turning around. Face full of shoulder pad plus his shield.

Not worried about concussions. Lock him up for life!

I understand people wanting Bergeron to be on the Bruins for the remainder of his career, but it's naive to say that you're not concerned about concussions.

Saying that Bergeron ran into him and wasn't paying attention when he ran into Seidenberg" doesn't really change anything.......at all. Sure, you can say his concussions have been fluke injuries and whatnot, but that doesn't change the fact that he's had those multiple concussions, and if he has another concussion, it's likely to be worse than someone suffering their first concussion.

Whether getting a concussion due to a fluke play or reckless play changes absolutely nothing at the end of the day because a concussion is a concussion no matter how you receive it.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I understand people wanting Bergeron to be on the Bruins for the remainder of his career, but it's naive to say that you're not concerned about concussions.

Saying that Bergeron ran into him and wasn't paying attention when he ran into Seidenberg" doesn't really change anything.......at all. Sure, you can say his concussions have been fluke injuries and whatnot, but that doesn't change the fact that he's had those multiple concussions, and if he has another concussion, it's likely to be worse than someone suffering their first concussion.

Whether getting a concussion due to a fluke play or reckless play changes absolutely nothing at the end of the day because a concussion is a concussion no matter how you receive it.
You missed my point completely.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Sorry for the triple post but lay off EverettMike. He is one of the classiest posters on these boards and his opinion matters to alot of people. Including me. He is not known for bashing other players for no good reason.

Thank you, but WHAT THE HELL DID I MISS?

Ooooooh, pleeeease Mods, please undelete any posts bashing me. Pleeeease let me see what happened.

Or can someone at least give me a brief summary?

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
Thank you, but WHAT THE HELL DID I MISS?

Ooooooh, pleeeease Mods, please undelete any posts bashing me. Pleeeease let me see what happened.

Or can someone at least give me a brief summary?

There are no deleted posts in this thread. This is probably just an instance of Blazin not knowing what the hell is going on.

But suffice it to say that no, the mods won't undelete posts by request.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
There is no downside to signing him for 8 years so I don't understand why people wouldn't want to. Either he's healthy and plays through the contract or he gets hurt and PC uses the money on another player. It's a win win.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
There are no deleted posts in this thread. This is probably just an instance of Blazin not knowing what the hell is going on.

But suffice it to say that no, the mods won't undelete posts by request.

So I got all excited to see some Penguins hate at me....and it doesn't exist? Boo-urns.

Oh, and I know the second part DM. Just having fun.

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
So I got all excited to see some Penguins hate at me....and it doesn't exist? Boo-urns.

I was waiting for you to respond, actually. I knew you'be be curious. I looked for whatever might have upset Blazin and couldn't find anything. :laugh:

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Saw a 9 page topic on the Chara punch after page 3 I shrugged and was bored. People always look for new reasons to hate the Boston Bruins organization.

Last edited by a moderator:

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
All jokes and laughs aside, is that really what made Crosby lose his mind in Game 1? Really? That?

Is he really mentally that weak? It is that easy to get him off his game? Is that the best player in the world that can't handle tough playoff hockey? Is this guy ever going to mature? Is he actually regressing maturity-wise?

And how many questions can I ask in one post? How confused can I be?

Will EverettMike ever stop being confused in this post? Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z!

Sorry for the triple post but lay off EverettMike. He is one of the classiest posters on these boards and his opinion matters to alot of people. Including me. He is not known for bashing other players for no good reason.

I was waiting for you to respond, actually. I knew you'be be curious. I looked for whatever might have upset Blazin and couldn't find anything. :laugh:

Mikes post and then Nose Face Killah.

That is what Blazin was referring too.

Misunderstanding I'd say.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Mikes post and then Nose Face Killah.

That is what Blazin was referring too.

Misunderstanding I'd say.

:tips his cap:

Sorry, I lied, I don't have a cap. But if I did? I'd be tipping it to you right now.

Well, no, but only because I'm lazy, not because you don't deserve it.

I think I've lost my mind.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Leave Everett Mike Alone

leave-britney-alone.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad