TSN: Insider Trading: Expect 8 Yr Extension For Bergeron in Offseason/Chara Punches Crosby

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
I just ventured into the Penguins forum to see what they are saying.

Oh. My GOD.

My jaw almost hit the floor, and it took every ounce of strength in me not to post there and blast the hell out of them. What a bunch of ignorant, self-entitled twits.

I think I need a shower after reading that garbage.

I am SO glad we swept them.

They can eat ****, meanwhile I think I may just go and rewatch the highlights of the ECF...

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI

Oh. My GOD.

My jaw almost hit the floor, and it took every ounce of strength in me not to post there and blast the hell out of them. What a bunch of ignorant, self-entitled twits.

They can eat ****, meanwhile I think I may just go and rewatch the highlights of the ECF...

CrosbySuckerPunchedByChara.gif

is that Bergy holding Sidney? I believe it is lol

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

Oh. My GOD.

I can just imagine. There were comments on the main board to the effect of Bruins fans crying if the Hawks go after Horton's shoulder. I EXPECT the Hawks to go after Horton's shoulder, and no doubt Horton does too. If you're hurting, you might as well put a target on the injured part. That's the game at this level.

If Chara had landed a real punch on Crosby, Sid would have been carried off the ice.

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
I can just imagine. There were comments on the main board to the effect of Bruins fans crying if the Hawks go after Horton's shoulder. I EXPECT the Hawks to go after Horton's shoulder, and no doubt Horton does too. If you're hurting, you might as well put a target on the injured part. That's the game at this level.

If Chara had landed a real punch on Crosby, Sid would have been carried off the ice.

For sure but I understand the frustration, can you imagine if any player would sucker punch Bergeron in the head? I think this board would react the same way let's not kid ourselves

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
For sure but I understand the frustration, can you imagine if any player would sucker punch Bergeron in the head? I think this board would react the same way let's not kid ourselves

Except that wasn't a sucker punch. It was a gloved jab that caught part of Crosby's chest. As I said, if Chara HAD punched him, he would have been hospitalized.

And Bergeron did get punched in the head after coming back from a concussion, by Josh Gorges, and he responded by beating the snot out of Gorges.

If Crosby's jaw wasn't healed enough to get hit in scrums or on the boards, he should have left the guard on. He took it off, which meant he was fair game, just like anyone else.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
The problem is the market says he should get an eighth year deal. Travis Zajac got 8 years/$5.75 million last offseason as a poor man's Bergeron. Getzlaf got eight years too.

It's just my preference. Bergeron is one of my favorites, so I won't in anyway be disappointed with a max 8 year deal either.

EastCoastNiner

Nov 21, 2008
Any single player is one hit away from a career-ending injury. Bergeron deserves the max extension possible because he will absolutely take a hometown discount. I bet you'll see 8 years, $52-55 million.

Sorry, but this is an extremely poor line of thinking.

Sure, any play COULD be one hit away from a career ending injury. However, there are always going to be players that are more susceptible to a career ending injury (concussion) if they've had multiple concussions before.

The following analogy isn't mean to be offensive, but rather illustrate my point. Recently, Angelina Jolie had a double mastectomy as she was told she had an 80% chance of getting cancer in her lifetime. Sure, any person COULD end up having cancer, but some people are at a far higher risk than others.

Let's say two people are looking to get health insurance from the same company, but the insurance company has to turn one person away. Are they going to turn away the person with a concussion history, asthma history, and diabetes history, or are they going to turn away a person that has had no major health issues in their lifetime? There's something called probability and risk, which you are clearly ignoring. Everyone COULD get a concussion or a serious injury, but some people are far more likely to for a myriad of reasons.

With that said, I wouldn't necessarily be a opposed to an eight year contract extension depending on the money, but to try and play the "anybody could suffer a career ending injury card" is a very weak argument.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad