Injury Report: Injury Thread (5/2: Staal/Boyle skate with scratches, Clowe doing off-ice work)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Perfect Paradox

Beyond Good and Evil
Aug 16, 2007
New York
It's unfortunate when this happens to any player, nevertheless when it happens to our best defenseman this season. McD and Girardi need to take his minutes and show what they're made of.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
We prob have to make a trade for a d man now for sure..

Mcdonagh/Girardi
Del Zotto/Stralman
Gilroy/Eminger

? yikes.

and que the Hamrlik signing

when healthy
McDonaugh , Girardi
Staal, Del Zotto
Hamrlik, Stralman

that would be pretty good. Atleast Bickel doesnt play. Eminger and Gilroy have been ok

lets hope Staal is fine:(

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
It's beyond obvious that Hamrlik isn't for Staal. But since there is a significant likelihood that we have to face the reality of not having Staal for a majority if not all of the rest of the season, then who do we replace him with? Girardi and McD will have to step up for sure. But we're fooling ourselves if we think that will be enough. So does McIlrath get a shot? I'm thinking probably not. So what's the solution then? No way we can just say oh well, guess we'll keep playing Bickel, and consider that a successful strategy.

The Perfect Paradox

Beyond Good and Evil
Aug 16, 2007
New York
I wonder when we'll get an update on the severity of his injury. The hesitance to release injury information leads me to believe we may never know.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
snyranger blog saying Eric Staal says the swelling needs to go down before they know whats up with Marc.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Dan Rosen‏@drosennhl

Eric Staal says Marc Staal is waiting for swelling to go down around his right eye b4 further determination can be made about his injury.
I guess that means its not a concussion.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
FYI -- orbital bone injuries are not like a broken arm where you just go and get an xray. They often are detected after the fact. If surgery would be required that could be delayed several weeks becaue of swelling and eye trauma. The fact that Mark did not go to the hospital immediately seems to indicate no direct eyeball trauma.

BarbaraAlphanse

FYI -- orbital bone injuries are not like a broken arm where you just go and get an xray. They often are detected after the fact. If surgery would be required that could be delayed several weeks becaue of swelling and eye trauma. The fact that Mark did not go to the hospital immediately seems to indicate no direct eyeball trauma.

I think i'm happy with just that, if thats the case.

What's typical broken orbital bone recovery time? 6-8 weeks? That seems to be what I remember for Mara, but I may be wrong. In any event it would likely be season ending, correct?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I think i'm happy with just that, if thats the case.

What's typical broken orbital bone recovery time? 6-8 weeks? That seems to be what I remember for Mara, but I may be wrong. In any event it would likely be season ending, correct?
It seems to depend. I think Joe Thornton came back the next game wearing a full cage when Lindros broke his face.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
This hush hush ******** about injuries with the rangers is getting ****ing ridiculous. We get our first real source of info from his ****ing brother. Unacceptable

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
This hush hush ******** about injuries with the rangers is getting ****ing ridiculous. We get our first real source of info from his ****ing brother. Unacceptable

There's not much the team can say about the situation. Whatever they can say now is all speculative so why bother?

BarbaraAlphanse

It seems to depend. I think Joe Thornton came back the next game wearing a full cage when Lindros broke his face.

Damn. Hoping for a speedy recovery, whatever this is.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
His brother said they are waiting until the swelling subsides before they know more, so I think it's acceptable in this case.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
There's not much the team can say about the situation. Whatever they can say now is all speculative so why bother?

So ****ing tell us that they're waiting for the swelling to go down. I don't want to hear it from his damn brother and here the "ya know its tough to hear since he's my brother ya know" crap. Flyers fans found out right after the ****ing game what was known about grossman. When have we had this "luxury" this entire year? McDonagh? Nash? Hell we barely know what's wrong with asham

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
So ****ing tell us that they're waiting for the swelling to go down. I don't want to hear it from his damn brother and here the "ya know its tough to hear since he's my brother ya know" crap. Flyers fans found out right after the ****ing game what was known about gross man. When have we had this "luxury" this entire year? McDonagh? Nash? Hell we barely know what's wrong with asham
He didn't say that.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
So ****ing tell us that they're waiting for the swelling to go down. I don't want to hear it from his damn brother and here the "ya know its tough to hear since he's my brother ya know" crap. Flyers fans found out right after the ****ing game what was known about grossman. When have we had this "luxury" this entire year? McDonagh? Nash? Hell we barely know what's wrong with asham

Yeah its frustrating. I understand we have no right to know ANYTHING but really whats the point of the hush hush.

Eric said they are waiting for the swelling to go down. Thats not nothing, thats an update. Rangers couldve said that

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Yeah its frustrating. I understand we have no right to know ANYTHING but really whats the point of the hush hush.

Eric said they are waiting for the swelling to go down. Thats not nothing, thats an update. Rangers couldve said that

Exactly. I'm so sick of holding my breath overnight just to get an update if said player is at morning skate. Then a flood of speculation, until we find out if he's playing an hour before our next game. It's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad