Injury Report: Injury Thread 2019-20: Pelech Out, Cizikas and Boychuk are healthy

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
To be clear, I put the day to day there and it hasn't been reported as that yet. My assumption was that if there was no further damage he'd be more day to day because stitches don't take that long to heal.
I think he’s done for the season. You know how long it will take for a cut that took 90 stitches to close up will take to heal? Especially on your face? I had a biopsy done on my shoulder over the summer that took maybe 8-10 stitches and was told no gym or anything like that for 3-4 weeks.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I think he’s done for the season. You know how long it will take for a cut that took 90 stitches to close up will take to heal? Especially on your face? I had a biopsy done on my shoulder over the summer that took maybe 8-10 stitches and was told no gym or anything like that for 3-4 weeks.
Yeah, but this is Johnny Boychuk we're talking about. He eats pieces of shit like you for breakfast.

He'll be back by 4:30. Well, maybe 5.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Does it need to fully heal though? Your shoulder is moving a bunch during a workout and there's straining of the skin. On a person's face? Not so much, at least not anymore than what would be happening if he were just sitting still. If he wore a shield I imagine he'd be back relatively quickly. We'll see though, all depends on where the stitches are exactly and who did them I'd think.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
It kind of cuts into the legend a bit, but these stitches were done by a plastic surgeon. They were tons of little, tiny stitches designed to leave little or no permanent mark. It's not like the old trainers using sewing thread where 90 stitches would re-attach a limb. Boychuk will probably be back sooner rather than later.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
It kind of cuts into the legend a bit, but these stitches were done by a plastic surgeon. They were tons of little, tiny stitches designed to leave little or no permanent mark. It's not like the old trainers using sewing thread where 90 stitches would re-attach a limb. Boychuk will probably be back sooner rather than later.

Damn you for this. I wanted the legend.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
Stitches aside, they also had to re-attach his eye, graft on new eyelashes and eyebrow, and put back some of the brain matter that fell out, and the only anesthetic/pain killer/antiseptic used was whiskey, and Boychuk requested a mirror so he could watch with his other eye.

Then he was quoted as saying, "wait until they get a load of me."

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
put back some of the brain matter that fell out.
0ZfEVGY.jpg

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Glad to see Hickey get called up. Even if he's scratched, at least he's hanging with the big club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad