Line Combos: Injury Report: Recalled: Assigned: Rosterbating: Abuse of Prefixes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Is there any reason/benefit to send someone like Ritchie down or call him up if you're about to move him? Just confused as to why he's being sent down, I think now is the best time to give him minutes with the big boys.

Basically Eaves came back and somehow has managed to score so he is locked in now leaving no spot for Ritchie.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Is there any reason/benefit to send someone like Ritchie down or call him up if you're about to move him? Just confused as to why he's being sent down, I think now is the best time to give him minutes with the big boys.

I'd say things are looking pretty good in the last 3 games, so there really isn't any need for Ritchie yet. If you aren't going to change a winning team, and Ritchie hasn't done anything on ice to demand an NHL roster spot, getting him big AHL minutes is probably for the best.

FrailSwan

Feb 26, 2012
I have lost my home
Eaves really has played very well since coming back, minus the empty netters. Totally blowing out my expectations, for sure. If he keeps it up (and his health...) we'll be fine.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
Little easier to send a guy down who doesn't have to go through waivers then sending someone down and potentially losing him(KConn for all of you still on that one).

Ritchie will be back this season.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Eaves wouldn't be the guy they send down if they were gonna send someone down that had to go through waivers. Nill is obsessed with him and has been since he came here (trying to trade for him last year...goin out of his way to sign him this year etc)

aloonda*

is eaves our cleary?

does nill see him that way? in the meantime ge marginal guys like scevs up there and then use them as leverage to trade?

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
He most certainly isn't our version Cleary. Eaves is a solid player. He's good defensively and has chipped in offensively. Sure, he blows a lot of golden scoring opportunities but it's a good sign that he consistently puts himself in position to get quality opportunities. I'd prefer not to see him on the first line but I have absolutely no problem with him as a bottom 6 option.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Eaves isn't a bad player but he should be nowhere near an NHL first line, let alone one of the better ones in the league. I really like the player but not how he's being used. We're going to need whatever Ritchie can provide down the stretch. Nill is going to need to figure out a way to get him into the lineup.

FrailSwan

Feb 26, 2012
I have lost my home
Eaves isn't a bad player but he should be nowhere near an NHL first line, let alone one of the better ones in the league. I really like the player but not how he's being used. We're going to need whatever Ritchie can provide down the stretch. Nill is going to need to figure out a way to get him into the lineup.

You could always trade Horcoff. He's been an alright soldier, but he's probably not getting renewed this summer. Getting a mid-late pick woud be nice if a team wanted him. If you want Ritchie in and Eaves down, then it's probably either Horcoff or Sceviour.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I would trade Garbutt, put Sceviour with Roussel/Eakin, Eaves with Horcoff/Fiddler and Ritchie on the 1st.

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
Garbutt is a big reason why that 3rd line is so effective. I know you guys hate the fact that he's prone to go derp-mode every once in awhile but when he's not committing idiotic penalties he's a valuable asset to the team. There are better options to explore if we're trying to free a spot for Ritchie.

FrailSwan

Feb 26, 2012
I have lost my home
Ehhh the current third line is what I would call a gritty and skilled hybrid. Sceviour has no grit whatsoever. I'm not so sure he would fit. Then again it remains to be seen as a line combo.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
The way Eaves has been playing, I could see Ruff keeping Ritchie in CP for now. Not that I want it, but I could see it happening.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
Eaves wouldn't be the guy they send down if they were gonna send someone down that had to go through waivers. Nill is obsessed with him and has been since he came here (trying to trade for him last year...goin out of his way to sign him this year etc)

You're not getting it. Ritchie is easier to send down.
Where did I say Eaves?

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
You're not getting it. Ritchie is easier to send down.
Where did I say Eaves?

Getting what? I know exactly who is where and why the reason is.

People above you were talking about Eaves...and there is only maybe four options of sending players down. Sceviour, Moen, Eaves and Ritchie. Hence, saying Eaves is not and will never ever be on the mind of Nill of sending down for my reasons above.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
I'd say things are looking pretty good in the last 3 games, so there really isn't any need for Ritchie yet. If you aren't going to change a winning team, and Ritchie hasn't done anything on ice to demand an NHL roster spot, getting him big AHL minutes is probably for the best.

I mean, what? Did you see him play?

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I mean, what? Did you see him play?

I don't think he did much on the top line. There were glimpses of his potential, but he needs some more time to get to a top 6 NHL level. If Nuke and Cole were healthy, we wouldn't even be talking about him as an option because at this point he doesn't have the defensive acumen yet.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
I don't think he did much on the top line. There were glimpses of his potential, but he needs some more time to get to a top 6 NHL level. If Nuke and Cole were healthy, we wouldn't even be talking about him as an option because at this point he doesn't have the defensive acumen yet.

Okay I see where you're coming from. On the top line I thought he was lacking a bit as well, but not to the point of requiring more AHL time. His work with Moen and Fiddler was fantastic though.

NukeJukes43

Sceviour isn't fast at all. I'd say Ritchie is AT LEAST as fast. I was impressed with how well Ritchie can move considering his size.

Never implied Sceviour was fast, just that Ritchie isnt much better of a skater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad