Line Combos: Injury Report: Recalled: Assigned: Rosterbating: Abuse of Prefixes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
With the Garbutt suspension pending and Ritchie returning to form recently, maybe they call up Ritchie!

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
I would say keep Ritchie away from the suckage but Texas sucks just as bad and won't start Campbell sooooo.....do it.

That's what I'm thinking. And like piqued said, it would add some interest for a fan base whose attention is waning. I wouldn't be surprised if Ritchie gets the tap in the coming days.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Have no way of knowing, but wonder if the circumstances of the call up has some effect on the mental effects on young players.

Saying "we are turning the keys on D over to you" to Nemeth or Klinger puts them in a different mindset than "hate to do this to you, but you are the only near ready scoring forward we have in the system....."

And you could argue putting him with Benn and Seguin is as much "protecting him" as giving third pair minutes to the rookie D. You would think he could find a way to get lost in the crowd and wait for the pass while teams trail the other two.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Mark Stepneski ‏@StarsInsideEdge 5m5 minutes ago
Lindy Ruff said Patrick Eaves (ankle) will be out in the 4 to 8 week range. The injury did not require surgery.

Bye Ritchie. Go do well in the NHL.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Bye Ritchie. Go do well in the NHL.

McKenzie replaced Eaves.

Ritchie's potential path to NHL call up is this ...

Owen Newkirk ‏@OwenNewkirk

CoachRuff said after practice that Moen could miss time with an upper body injury. Probable forward call up from @TexasStars later this week

Owen Newkirk ‏@OwenNewkirk

Ruff also said Stars brass will be at tonight's @TexasStars game vs. OKC Barons. A strong performance tonight could sway the call up choice.

I think we're overlooking Faksa here. If they're going to call up a Top 6 player ... it had better be Ritchie or at least Ranford. Moen isn't a Top 6 forward though, and Sceviour is finally playing well with those two. Since Moen doesn't sound like an extended injury, I don't know that it makes sense to break Sceviour away from them yet. They need some damn consistency somewhere.

That leaves calling up Ritchie to play with Spezza on the RW which would be fantastic or calling up a defensive forward to play in the Bottom 6. That would easily open the door for Faksa potentially.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
McKenzie replaced Eaves.

I think we're overlooking Faksa here. If they're going to call up a Top 6 player ... it had better be Ritchie or at least Ranford. Moen isn't a Top 6 forward though, and Sceviour is finally playing well with those two. Since Moen doesn't sound like an extended injury, I don't know that it makes sense to break Sceviour away from them yet. They need some damn consistency somewhere.

That leaves calling up Ritchie to play with Spezza on the RW which would be fantastic or calling up a defensive forward to play in the Bottom 6. That would easily open the door for Faksa potentially.

Faksa did cross my mind but he's a pure Center. I haven't seen him play on the wing. Hell maybe even Glennie might be an option if he shows up tonight.

Also screwed up my names. I saw the Moen injury. Stupid reading comprehension.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Faksa did cross my mind but he's a pure Center. I haven't seen him play on the wing. Hell maybe even Glennie might be an option if he shows up tonight.

Also screwed up my names. I saw the Moen injury. Stupid reading comprehension.

It's extremely common for a young center to break in as a wing. Eakin did with Washington. Seguin did with Boston. Galchenyuk did with Montreal. Just three quick off the top of my head.

Glennie was mentioned by Sean Shapiro too. That actually makes sense for a Garbutt replacement in that he can bring the same speed and defensive game. I don't know that he deserves the call up. He hasn't played poorly the past few weeks, but he's not playing like he did late in the season 2 years ago or most of last season and the playoffs. He's never regained that all around solid play IMO.

I'm disappointed he put it all together under Willie Desjardins, and now that Willie's gone he doesn't seem as invested.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
McKenzie replaced Eaves.

We definitely have some options. I'm not for calling up Faksa for defensive help. He has the second worst plus-minus on the team at -10. That's not the kind of numbers you'd wanna see for a shutdown guy.

My wish list for a call up:

1. Ritchie
2. Ranford
3. Glennie

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
We definitely have some options. I'm not for calling up Faksa for defensive help. He has the second worst plus-minus on the team at -10. That's not the kind of numbers you'd wanna see for a shutdown guy.

My wish list for a call up:

1. Ritchie
2. Ranford
3. Glennie

Yes because you must have also watched the games, and +/- is a remotely reasonable or useful stat. Laxdall for some reason loves his -10 dud.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Yes because you must have also watched the games, and +/- is a remotely reasonable or useful stat. Laxdall for some reason loves his -10 dud.

Are we being facetious and condescending again? Now, now Bigs. You play nice with the others. ;)

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Well maybe don't make blanket statements about a guy based on no viewings and a box score.

Maybe don't assume I've not viewed him this season...I have on quite a few occasions as well as the playoffs last year.

I think he's good, but not ready for a shut down role on the big club.

People can have differing opinions than you, man. Chill.

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
It's extremely common for a young center to break in as a wing. Eakin did with Washington. Seguin did with Boston. Galchenyuk did with Montreal. Just three quick off the top of my head.

Glennie was mentioned by Sean Shapiro too. That actually makes sense for a Garbutt replacement in that he can bring the same speed and defensive game. I don't know that he deserves the call up. He hasn't played poorly the past few weeks, but he's not playing like he did late in the season 2 years ago or most of last season and the playoffs. He's never regained that all around solid play IMO.

I'm disappointed he put it all together under Willie Desjardins, and now that Willie's gone he doesn't seem as invested.

I'm all for merit based promotions, but when a player does put in the effort and improves and never even gets a look, it can lead to a regression. I wouldn't mind calling up Ritchie for Moens slot and Glennie for Garbutt, to see if rewarding him with some NHL time doesn't get him back on track

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I think I'd start with Glennie just to finally see if he's got it or if he'll even put forth the effort. Then assuming you can move somebody Ritchie would be my next call up.

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
I think I'd start with Glennie just to finally see if he's got it or if he'll even put forth the effort. Then assuming you can move somebody Ritchie would be my next call up.

I tend to agree with this but I guess it really depends where they plan on them playing as well. If the called up player is going to be penciled into the top 6 then go with Ritchie, as he and Nuke could fix our top 6 issues if they play really well. If they are going to play up and down the lineup then I would give Glennie his shot. It's now or never for him, so might as well give him a shot.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I wanna see Glennie on the top line

Mostly for sizzle, but he could also work there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad