Injury Report: Injury/COVID Protocol Thread: Lee Out for Remainder of Year (ACL), Johnston to IR

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I hope Anders takes his time and is ready for next season. There is no rushing ACL injuries. The good is ACL's are not career ending injuries these days. They just require, surgery, healing, and rehab. Time is on Lee's side. Bummer for him and the team for this season. I have no doubt he will be a positive influence off the ice for the team while he rehabs.

Reactions: FractionTwo

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
Do you think they make a trade in the coming days? I fear they trade a prospect like wilde or salo just to get a fix like palmeri or forsberg

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Do you think they make a trade in the coming days? I fear they trade a prospect like wilde or salo just to get a fix like palmeri or forsberg
It’s unlikely they trade anything of value off the existing roster. So, expect picks, prospects, and cap money as the deal.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
You wouldnt trade Wilde or Salo for Forsberg? Maybe not Palms, but Forsberg is one of the best wingers in the league. I would trade one of those guys and a first round pick for Forsberg. This is a 30-35 goal 65-70 point player.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan
More like beau and bailey at this rate. Give me an upgrade on the wing for line 2 and the cap relief
Agreed, not to mention someone has to go for cap purposes. We simply don't have the cap space next season for the last year of Forsbergs deal

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Sadly I expected this. I'm a huge NFL guy and having seen tons of guys tear their ACL, the way Lee got leaned on and his reaction told me it could only be so many things.

Just curious how he'll be back 100% by training camp. It's usually a 6-9 month recovery time (if all goes well) and he hasn't even had the surgery yet. We need to see how his recovery is going 2-3 months from now to be more certain.

Also from anyone I know whose had the injury, it takes time mentally to trust the knee again. You see it a lot in NFL players that it's the 2nd year back after an ACL that they get back to normal, and they say that the knee wasn't any better physically the 2nd year - Just that they trusted it more.

And given that Lee wasn't the best skater really hope this doesn't affect his career or the longevity of it. Such a great guy and good leader so hoping he comes back 100%.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
You deserve to know? HIPAA would beg to differ.

I'm not sure HIPAA would supercede a Collective Bargaining Agreement between owners and the Player's union, and it certainly isn't law outside the United States. The NHL is multi-jurisdictional.

Green

Nov 13, 2019
Really hope they do not panic and mortgage the future, it is sad to say but I can't picture them winning a cup without the Captain, I don't think Lou is interested in the future to much however

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Sadly I expected this. I'm a huge NFL guy and the way Lee got leaned on and his reaction told me it could only be so many things.

Just curious how he'll be back 100% by training camp. It's usually a 6-9 month recovery time, if all goes well, and he hasn't even had the surgery yet. We need to see how his recovery is going 2-3 months from now to be more certain.

Also from anyone I know whose had the injury, it takes time mentally to trust the knee again. You see it a lot in NFL players that it's the 2nd year back after an ACL that they get back to normal, and they say that the knee wasn't any better physically the 2nd year - Just that they trusted it more.

And given that Lee wasn't the best skater really hope this doesn't affect his career or the longevity of it. Such a great guy and good leader so hoping he comes back 100%.

Might not be 6-9 months since the ACL is the only thing that happened. No MCL issue or Meniscus, etc., according to the reports.

Reactions: JKP

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Might not be 6-9 months since the ACL is the only thing that happened. No MCL issue or Meniscus, etc., according to the reports.

Again I really really hope so. I just think it's early to say for sure since we need to see how the surgery goes and then rehab.

Reactions: FractionTwo

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
At risk of being called a pessimist, I just don't see how the Isles go the distance without Lee in the lineup. He brings so much and this team is not nearly as imposing with him out. He is built for the playoff grind, this is awful news.

I'm not even sure a speedy goal scoring winger solves our problems. This is what Tampa went through for years, being a contender and nearly every season having injuries to core contributors.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I had a partial tear of my ACL when I was 48, which is when I hung up my goal pads, and settled on playing only defence. Missed about eight months of hockey, and now wear an elastic/spring steel knee brace.

At 58 I went downhill skiing for the first time.

At 67, I was still doing both, before covid struck. Hope to pick them both up again soon.

It's incredibly frustrating waiting for healing, and then the months if rehab. I wish Lee a full and speedy recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: BarzyClub

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Le
Sadly I expected this. I'm a huge NFL guy and having seen tons of guys tear their ACL, the way Lee got leaned on and his reaction told me it could only be so many things.

Just curious how he'll be back 100% by training camp. It's usually a 6-9 month recovery time (if all goes well) and he hasn't even had the surgery yet. We need to see how his recovery is going 2-3 months from now to be more certain.

Lee Majors aka Colonel Steve Austin improved significantly after his surgery.

Keep the faith!

img_5385.jpg

Cameraguy

Jun 29, 2009
I think we stay the course and ride it. Looking for a trade to replace Lee I don't think it's necessary. We have grit guys on this team that can do the job.

I would unload Mayfield and Baue in a heartbeat if we really need a trade for long term.

Reactions: ML19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad