Info for fans visiting Buffalo

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Also completely OT - when I was stuck at JFK trying to get to Rochester one night (it was about 9 by this point) there was a dad and his little girl, probably right at the 2 mark who was fussy because it was 9 and she was stuck at the airport also. He was trying to calm her down and he kept saying "I know what will chear you up, all you want is a garbage plate." She starting cooing and then fell asleep.

I wonder if it would have the same effect on Afino.

I'd eat it first.

Then go to sleep pass out, because I only eat them when drunk.

bflohockeygirl

homesick sabres fan
Sep 27, 2005
9th circle of hell
www.bflomama.com
I think Afino and I are still trying to get the ticket issue squared away, but I'll let you know where we are sitting once we figure it out. I'd love to say hello to a few of you Sabres fans.

Let me know, for sure. In any case I'll keep my eyes peeled - you guys were pretty easy to spot last time & I actually passed you on the concourse but I was on my way to the washroom & wanted to get back to my seat before the intermission ended. No offence...priorities & all... ;)

gaf

Occupied Territory
Sep 22, 2005
... on the warpath
Let me know, for sure. In any case I'll keep my eyes peeled - you guys were pretty easy to spot last time & I actually passed you on the concourse but I was on my way to the washroom & wanted to get back to my seat before the intermission ended. No offence...priorities & all... ;)

try not to hip check her this time.. Even though she will be wearing a Canes jersey and you are at a hockey game and all, but you're NOT on the ice :D

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY

It's okay.

During Canes/Sabres games, we don't talk to each other either.

bflohockeygirl

homesick sabres fan
Sep 27, 2005
9th circle of hell
www.bflomama.com
try not to hip check her this time.. Even though she will be wearing a Canes jersey and you are at a hockey game and all, but you're NOT on the ice :D

You're confusing CG with that little kid wearing the Canes shirt who nearly ran into me because he was wearing those stupid trainers with wheels in them... Him, I wanted to hip-check. :shakehead

But I was good & didn't...

caniacgirl12

Jun 14, 2004
Rochester, NY
You're confusing CG with that little kid wearing the Canes shirt who nearly ran into me because he was wearing those stupid trainers with wheels in them... Him, I wanted to hip-check. :shakehead

But I was good & didn't...

That was mini Kevyn Adams. I mean, at least he was wearing a Buffalo born Canes jersey....

I did give him a high five. He was cool.

blotsfan

Dec 30, 2006
Buffalo
For anyone wondering about the anchor bar here is my recomendation. Go to Duffs in Amherst. It is out of the way but the wings are much better.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
What about hotels/motels within walking distance of the HSBC arena???
im going down jan 19th for the canucks/saber game and plan on drinkin my *** off bunch of us need a resting place

gaf

Occupied Territory
Sep 22, 2005
... on the warpath
What about hotels/motels within walking distance of the HSBC arena???
im going down jan 19th for the canucks/saber game and plan on drinkin my *** off bunch of us need a resting place

The closest hotels are the Adams Mark, Hampton Inn and Hyatt regency and comfort suites. The Adams Mark isnt really near anything, but the arena.. the other 3 are on or near main street and all close to the drinking establishments. Another bonus for the other 3 is a free metro ride right to the arena. A google search such as hotels + buffalo, ny will give you these results and phone #s

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
thanks for the help!
Please be very careful walking around downtown if you decide to stay down there. Make sure you do not do so alone. Walking around during event hours is safe enough, but downtown can be very desolate, even during the day, so make sure you stick with someone.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Please be very careful walking around downtown if you decide to stay down there. Make sure you do not do so alone. Walking around during event hours is safe enough, but downtown can be very desolate, even during the day, so make sure you stick with someone.

Yeah, I wont be alone, with couple others. They sell cookie crisp in most grocery stores there right??? That is some good ****! shame canada donsn't sell it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad