Value of: Inexpensive 2nd line winger to Avs

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
A bit outside the box, but what about Copp? He looked very good playing T6 this year and it’s obvious he can produce. His time in Winnipeg is limited I fear with his pending UFA coming. Would still be cheap with his new deal, it would be in the US and on a perennial contender and Colorado has plenty of assets that would fit Winnipeg’s needs. One of the best 2 way forwards in the league.
Interesting player but he’s not under contract. And he won’t be as interesting or affordable after his arbitration figure comes in far higher than his current AAV. With just a single season of control.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Good cheap depth. Barron is better than any of yours from that list. He’s same tier as Guhle. He’s doing great in the AHL after having a great QMJHL season after playing for Canada’s WJC team.

Sampo ranta was the second leading scorer in the NCAA behind Caufield, a guy you probably regard highly.
Caufield is 20, Sampa is 22. There's a HUGE difference lol.

And LOL at Baron being on the same tier as Guhle... There's a reason Guhle was a mid 1st in and Barron a late 1st / early 2nd, cause one of them is WAY better than the other.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
What major sweetener are you adding to Drouin to shed that albatross? Danault will be playing anywhere he wants. Defensively able center. He’ll have plenty of suitors.
Nothing, it'll be the only valuable asset open to SEA after Price waives his NMC to SEA.

He'll have a lot of suitors, he refused a 30M$ contract over 6 years, So... he's looking for 6M$ a year, I Hope the Avs sign him actually, that way we can oversheet Makar next year

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Interesting player but he’s not under contract. And he won’t be as interesting or affordable after his arbitration figure comes in far higher than his current AAV. With just a single season of control.

Arb probably comes back at 3.25M-3.75M. I would imagine if he knows he’s getting traded, it would be a sign and trade with no arbitration, especially with a team like Colorado

SuterHaglshev

Mar 21, 2021
Dylan Strome under contract for 3 million next season. How about a pair of 2nd round picks the Avalanche's choice of 2021, 2022, or 2023.

He looked better playing forward with Suter. I'm not suggesting Strome take over your 2C position. Obviously, he can play center as an option.

To Colorado Dylan Strome and a 5th round 2021 pick.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Caufield is 20, Sampa is 22. There's a HUGE difference lol.

And LOL at Baron being on the same tier as Guhle... There's a reason Guhle was a mid 1st in and Barron a late 1st / early 2nd, cause one of them is WAY better than the other.

Barron was ranked Top 10, nearly equal to Drysdale until health issues dropped his position. Guhle was drafted as expected.

I consider both players comparable, but difficult to rate with only Barron playing this season.

Reactions: McJedi and Brett44

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Nothing, it'll be the only valuable asset open to SEA after Price waives his NMC to SEA.

He'll have a lot of suitors, he refused a 30M$ contract over 6 years, So... he's looking for 6M$ a year, I Hope the Avs sign him actually, that way we can oversheet Makar next year
Lol. You think Price gets picked by Seattle? Only if you include Suzuki, Caufield and your 2022 1st unprotected.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Lol. You think Price gets picked by Seattle? Only if you include Suzuki, Caufield and your 2022 1st unprotected.
Absolutely not.

But considerinf SEA will have to pick between Price, Weber, Drouin and a bunch of AHLer/4th liners, Habs will come out on top with free cap space!!!

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Barron was ranked Top 10, nearly equal to Drysdale until health issues dropped his position. Guhle was drafted as expected.

I consider both players comparable, but difficult to rate with only Barron playing this season.
Raty was rabked as habds down the best prospext in the 2021 draft, look where that got him!

Doesn't change the facr Guhle will end up a far better dman than Barron

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Absolutely not.

But considerinf SEA will have to pick between Price, Weber, Drouin and a bunch of AHLer/4th liners, Habs will come out on top with free cap space!!!
They’ll take a 4th liner with an expiring deal. No biggie.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Dylan Strome under contract for 3 million next season. How about a pair of 2nd round picks the Avalanche's choice of 2021, 2022, or 2023.

He looked better playing forward with Suter. I'm not suggesting Strome take over your 2C position. Obviously, he can play center as an option.

To Colorado Dylan Strome and a 5th round 2021 pick.
I’d rather trade a 2021 1st. Avs traded a bunch of twos to steal Toews from the islanders.

Reactions: SuterHaglshev

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
They’ll take a 4th liner with an expiring deal. No biggie.

KK
Tatar
Danault
Gallagher
Toffoli
Anderson
Evans

Petry
Edmundson
Chiarot

Allen

That leabves them a pick between Drouin, Weber, Price, Lehkhonen and... yah that's about it... They can pick Lehkhonen I wouldn't mind at all haha Fact is, Habs will get out of there with tons of caps space, with Drouin on LTIR, more than enough $ to bring back Tatatr on a 4.5M$ deal similar to Tofofli, and Danault too.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
KK
Tatar
Danault
Gallagher
Toffoli
Anderson
Evans

Petry
Edmundson
Chiarot

Allen

That leabves them a pick between Drouin, Weber, Price, Lehkhonen and... yah that's about it... They can pick Lehkhonen I wouldn't mind at all haha Fact is, Habs will get out of there with tons of caps space, with Drouin on LTIR, more than enough $ to bring back Tatatr on a 4.5M$ deal similar to Tofofli, and Danault too.
Very easy. Take Lehkonen. RFA. Not a huge loss for the Habs. Seattle perseveres cap space and flexibility, gets a solid 4th liner and PK guy.

better hope Drouin doesn’t want to come back and play.

What a trade. Serge for a guy that... best case scenario... doesn’t want to play for the Habs again and stays on LTIR because of a mental block. Ouch.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Very easy. Take Lehkonen. RFA. Not a huge loss for the Habs. Seattle perseveres cap space and flexibility, gets a solid 4th liner and PK guy.
Lehkhonen is a RFA and doesn't have a contract.

Do they really want to waste one of their RFA pcik on a guy like Lehkhonen? with better options around? Yah they'll grab Byron or Drouin and help Habs management on the way!

SuterHaglshev

Mar 21, 2021
I’d rather trade a 2021 1st. Avs traded a bunch of twos to steal Toews from the islanders.

Sure, it's a late first but I think Chicago takes that. Strome fills in nicely for a year and maybe you could sign him for three years 5 mil per season if he puts up 50 points. He has upside more than a rental.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Raty was rabked as habds down the best prospext in the 2021 draft, look where that got him!

Doesn't change the facr Guhle will end up a far better dman than Barron

Based on their play this season? Guhle didn’t play or injured. Bust!

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Sure, it's a late first but I think Chicago takes that. Strome fills in nicely for a year and maybe you could sign him for three years 5 mil per season if he puts up 50 points. He has upside more than a rental.

We have a lot better options than trading for Strome, who doesn't fit the Avs identity in the slightest. Better off trying to pawn off Strome to a team that's more desperate for a center like the Wild or Columbus.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
based on their career, and showing at the WJC, Guhle was a much better d-man than abrron was with team Canada AINEC
A tad early to compare both of them without any pro hockey. So far Barron has been doing good with the Eagles 3pts in 5 games but yeah still a small sample. Also thought Timmins was better all around dman with team Canada more trusted than Makar but we all know how it looks right now. Hard to compare Barron and Guhle with the short stint of pro games it will fun to see how they end up. I expect Guhle to come sooner in the big league due to the lack of depth with the Habs though.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
None of that makes sense.
Habs /Avs do not make good trade partners. Compher is an overpaid scrub that the Habs would have zero interest in. None of what you said refutes that.

Your roster is a forest of overpriced players. Bergevin doesn't even blink when it comes to that. Maybe you should start paying attention to your team. You'd know this already if you were.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad