Gallagher
Toffoli
Anderson
Evans

Petry
Edmundson
Chiarot

Allen

That leabves them a pick between Drouin, Weber, Price, Lehkhonen and... yah that's about it... They can pick Lehkhonen I wouldn't mind at all haha Fact is, Habs will get out of there with tons of caps space, with Drouin on LTIR, more than enough $ to bring back Tatatr on a 4.5M$ deal similar to Tofofli, and Danault too.

Except Seattle will sign Danault after the draft and sign him to what he deserves

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Except Seattle will sign Danault after the draft and sign him to what he deserves
Has can easilly afford Danault @ 5.5/6M. If Danault Leaves, he signes a 7M$ deal with SEA, if they want to give him 49M$ over 7 years, be my guess.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
A tad early to compare both of them without any pro hockey. So far Barron has been doing good with the Eagles 3pts in 5 games but yeah still a small sample. Also thought Timmins was better all around dman with team Canada more trusted than Makar but we all know how it looks right now. Hard to compare Barron and Guhle with the short stint of pro games it will fun to see how they end up. I expect Guhle to come sooner in the big league due to the lack of depth with the Habs though.
Lack of depth??

Norlinder, Struble, Harris, Romnov, Brooks, Fleury, Petry, Habs have lots of depth on D, that's probably one of their strongest position in terms of depth, and we're not counting Edmundson Chiarot and the others...

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Your roster is a forest of overpriced players. Bergevin doesn't even blink when it comes to that. Maybe you should start paying attention to your team. You'd know this already if you were.
Even more reason to scoff at any deal involving an overpaid scrub like JT Compher! LOL

Again there is no avenue to a trade with the Avs.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Lack of depth??

Norlinder, Struble, Harris, Romnov, Brooks, Fleury, Petry, Habs have lots of depth on D, that's probably one of their strongest position in terms of depth, and we're not counting Edmundson Chiarot and the others...

And almost all those names haven't proven anything. Sure there is a lot of quantity, but the quality is pretty mediocre, most of those names are nothing special. It wouldn't be that hard for Guhle to leapfrog most of those players. On the other hand, Barron has to compete with:

Makar, Girard, Toews, Byram, EJ, Graves, Timmins, MacDonald, and Helleson.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Lack of depth??

They've done what exactly? Sorry but this is just a list of names. Like with any teams prospects, some might become good players. But for now, this list of names is 12 for $.10.

Reactions: Spilot23

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
And almost all those names haven't proven anything. Sure there is a lot of quantity, but the quality is pretty mediocre, most of those names are nothing special. It wouldn't be that hard for Guhle to leapfrog most of those players. On the other hand, Barron has to compete with:

Makar, Girard, Toews, Byram, EJ, Graves, Timmins, MacDonald, and Helleson.
Graves, timmins, Macdonald, hellesin, dime a dozen guys lol, bittom pairing dman / ahlers for most of them

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Lack of depth??

I’ll formulate it with other words. Guhle will be in the big league sooner than Baron considering that he would have to beat Timmins and EJ if he’s still alive for the RD spot unless he’s fine on left side. Which is IMO harder to beat compared to the likes of Chiarot, Edmundson and some other rookies.

Reactions: John Mandalorian

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Graves, timmins, Macdonald, hellesin, dime a dozen guys lol, bittom pairing dman / ahlers for most of them

That still only leaves 1 spot for 5 players if you include Barron. Graves is about the same caliber as Edmundson. But thats besides the point, it's still a hell of a lot easier to make the Habs defense than the Avs.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
They've done what exactly? Sorry but this is just a list of names. Like with any teams prospects, some might become good players. But for now, this list of names is 12 for $.10.
That’s the problem with Montreal’s media. They overhype the prospects and keep talking about them playing lesser leagues that fans start to think they drafted gems then to only deceive in the NHL and blame Timmins. I live in Quebec I’ve heard everything here with the comparison I’ve seen from sites like RDT, RDS and others. With their comparison their lineup would look like the 1998 Canada’s olympics team.

SuterHaglshev

Mar 21, 2021
We have a lot better options than trading for Strome, who doesn't fit the Avs identity in the slightest. Better off trying to pawn off Strome to a team that's more desperate for a center like the Wild or Columbus.

Columbus and the Wild are better fits. Although for 3 million I'm not sure Colorado can get a 50 point player for that value. I hear you not fitting into the team identity. Dylan Strome is solid, but far from versatile.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
AVs will review their off-season for minor tweaking.

NHL lineup is already stacked and still have prospects in the farm. Already playing rookies in major roles this season: Byram, Timmins and Newhook they can continue transitioning more youth. AHLers with 12+ games MacDonald, O’Connor, Renouf, Sherwood & O’Brien. Goalie JJ started 8 games.

Next season is fairly locked. Assume they lose either Donskoi or Graves in the XDraft removing both names, EJ due to injury and PEB/Calvert not resigned projected lineup is still stacked.

Landy-Mack-Rants
Newhook-Kadri-Bura
Nuke-Jost-(Kaut)
???-Compher-???

Toews- Makar
Byram-Girard
???-Timmins

Possibly 4 positions available, but they’re bottom pairing. Kaut likely secures the RW 3rd line and might have been on the team if 3 other rookies were not playing. 4th line either O’Connor/Sherwood and possibly Bowers.

LHD is easier to fill shifting Girard to RD. MacDonald played 33 games, Graves (if not picked) or resign Nemeth completes the defensive pairings. RHD will have Barron and Helleson in the coming seasons.

AVs have an enviable position to do nothing and get younger with more cap space to extend their core players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad