Post-Game Talk: Incoming waste of 8 days? Panthers lose important game, will take on Bruins, game 1 April 17.

How's everybody feeling?

• Gif A

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Gif B

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Is none of the people who use make our GDT alive anymore? Dont make me make one

I remember the days there was "fighting" over who gets to make GDT here
Honestly, the lack of "true fun" this season has just been missing for me so I haven't felt motivated. Outside Meme-ing of course

I'm reading he has the flu
I find it hard to believe that a guy that played through a punctured lung, a gun shot trough the heart, his cerebral fluid leaking out, will miss because of the flu.

• Haha
Reactions: Prominence Problem

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Something I’ve really loved seeing is Barkov playing assertive lately. Definitely saw it in that last game, forgot if it was the game before that or two games before but he was more aggressive in his playstyle. Finding another gear you could say. More willing to impose his will. That’s what we need from him. With all that talent, we need him to not accept anything other than winning. And he’s even been throwing hits! I couldn’t believe it. A beautiful sight. He doesn’t need to be a bruiser, just don’t look apathetic or like you’re not competing at your highest level. I’ve been seeing this for what feels like the first time and it’s incredible. Does anyone have a gif of that open ice hit he threw last game? I was like damn, who’s this guy?! Maybe chucky and his style, his competitiveness is rubbing off.

Barky is an incredible professional and a very hard worker off the ice, but it’s good to have a guy like tkachuk. Someone who sets the tone, who sets an example of competitiveness and intensity and have that permeate to the other players. Someone who you’ll run through a wall for. If he’s starting to get more out of Barkov, he’s even more important than we already thought. Curious to see how he and the rest of the team looks now in the playoffs, as under dogs, no pressure and zero expectations. If Bennett isn’t playing, I’m not confident about tomorrow, but either way I think they’ll come out flying and physical. Try to set the tone early, and if the bruins win, to not let them leave this series without some scarring, so to speak

Last edited:

Luongoisthegoat

Mar 23, 2021
Something I’ve really loved seeing is Barkov playing assertive lately. Definitely saw it in that last game, forgot if it was the game before that or two games before but he was more aggressive in his playstyle. Finding another gear you could say. More willing to impose his will. That’s what we need from him. With all that talent, we need him to not accept anything other than winning. And he’s even been throwing hits! I couldn’t believe it. A beautiful sight. He doesn’t need to be a bruiser, just don’t look apathetic or like you’re not competing at your highest level. I’ve been seeing this for what feels like the first time and it’s incredible. Does anyone have a gif of that open ice hit he threw last game? I was like damn, who’s this guy?! Maybe chucky and his style, his competitiveness is rubbing off.

Barky is an incredible professional and a very hard worker off the ice, but it’s good to have a guy like tkachuk. Someone who sets the tone, who sets an example of competitiveness and intensity and have that permeate to the other players. Someone who you’ll run through a wall for. If he’s starting to get more out of Barkov, he’s even more important than we already thought. Curious to see how he and the rest of the team looks now in the playoffs, as under dogs, no pressure and zero expectations. If Bennett isn’t playing, I’m not confident about tomorrow, but either way I think they’ll come out flying and physical. Try to set the tone early, and if the bruins win, to not let them leave this series without some scarring, so to speak
He’s been playing well for quite a while now . With Tkachuk on the team hopefully he can just focus on playing the game, he’s not captain material .

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Seriously? We are facing a buzzsaw.
A buzzsaw that's only won five more games more than Florida since February 1st.

* actually I just did a deep dive into both teams schedules. If you take out overtime and shoot out games since February, Boston has seven more regulation wins than Florida. They have played in 26, while Florida has only played in 24

Last edited:

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
A buzzsaw that's only won five more games more than Florida since February 1st.

* actually I just did a deep dive into both teams schedules. If you take out overtime and shoot out games since February, Boston has seven more regulation wins than Florida. They have played in 26, while Florida has only played in 24
Stats aside, what makes you think this particular group has what it takes? They've faltered time and time again. What edge do you see? What glimmer are you getting, because I can't see it.

Reactions: Vilam

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Stats aside, what makes you think this particular group has what it takes? They've faltered time and time again. What edge do you see? What glimmer are you getting, because I can't see it.
I feel like the last week or two Panthers have really played a hard intensity style of hockey. Now I'll admit, I haven't seen much Boston this last month. I believe if Florida plays the game they've been playing lately, and stay disciplined, they can ruffle some feathers.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
It's the playoffs. Anything can happen.
Got 4 games to show they belong.

The Heat(jinx) may take game 1 vs the Bucks. The same Heat team that lost to ATL in the play in and barely beat the Bulls for the 8th seed.
Doesn't mean the Heat will win the series but it shows even underdogs can win games.

Boston was great in the regular season, have a great group of players but they aren't the 80's all star team reincarnated.

Panthers just need to win one game in Boston and they can get some much needed momentum going home.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
I need a list. I know all the reasons why we CANT win. But, what are the reasons we can? We don't have the upper hand on any metric, any match up, any statistic. Why? Please tell me.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I need a list. I know all the reasons why we CANT win. But, what are the reasons we can? We don't have the upper hand on any metric, any match up, any statistic. Why? Please tell me.
We've got Rats! Damn, so does Boston.

I'll try again. We've got two, not just one, but two of the slowest defensemen playing in the NHL.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
there was nothing wrong with the team before any of trades that sent Frankie and Tippett plus a couple of 1st round picks away. Giroux and Chiarot just messed up the chemistry. Normally in sports when a team is winning and functions well as a team, you don't make changes. Of course it's not their fault but I don't like rentals if they cost something. We were told that the dude wanted only to Florida but not told that he already was building a house in Ottawa. Sounds like a Trojan horse.
I’m so happy that Giroux missed the playoffs for what went down last year. If he didn’t say this is the only place that he wants to be traded to then okay. But the douche had no intention of staying. So cry me a river, JERK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad