Post-Game Talk: Incoming waste of 8 days? Panthers lose important game, will take on Bruins, game 1 April 17.

How's everybody feeling?

• Gif A

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Gif B

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I do not know which goalie is starting. I do not know if Sam Bennett has shuffled off this mortal coil. I do know if the Florida Panthers beat the Carolina Hurricanes Wednesday they will improbably find themselves as the 1st Wildcard team and face either the Carolina Hurricanes or New Jersey Devils. Let's see some old faces, @FlaPanthers11 @RainingRats @MaWa I see you liking my posts, how's everyone feeling?!

A.

leonardo-dicaprio-wolf-of-wallstreet.gif

B.

vomit-cup.gif

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
B, my tummy already hurts. Obviously not a Cup year but playoffs are fun. Getting eliminated by Tavares in OT for a 2nd time and NYI again for 3rd time in 7 years wouldn't be fun.

Last Rat Standing

May 26, 2016
South Florida
I haven't felt this nervous since they lost to NJ in game 6 in 2012. I'm just really hoping that they'll be in a playoff spot by puck drop on Thursday. Time for some cellar dweller magic.

Clinching scenarios

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Updated scenarios:

The Panthers have made the playoffs. But their opponent is TBD. Outcomes are as follows:

If NYI lose Wednesday, Florida plays either Carolina or New Jersey. This would depend on what happens Thursday. A win over Carolina and a Devils win, Florida plays New Jersey. A win over Carolina and a Devils loss, Florida plays Carolina.

If NYI wins Wednesday, it's up to what Florida does. A loss of any kind and they will play Boston.

Last edited:

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Been reading most GDTs the last couple months but not posting

Anyway, feeling good after last night’s performance. Went in hoping for ALWGAP to keep control in our hands for Thursday and we got that. A little sting with not taking advantage of the Isles loss but hard to complain when my main goal was just maintaining control.

That said, I expected Carolina to not choke like this and have things wrapped up for Thursday so we’d get an AHL roster. They’ve been pretty bad since losing Svech though. Really not much scoring talent on that roster.

Would desperately love Bennett back so we could roll some semblance of 4 lines. Holding my breath any time Smith (and to a lesser extent White) are on the ice.

Have to keep Thursday at 5 on 5 like they were able to last night and my confidence level is about a 7 out of 10

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Alex Lyon needs to start. I don’t give a shit that he “lost” last game. He let in 2 goals. Ride him until the end.
I don’t see how it can be anything else. If Mo puts in Bob, it’s goalie choice malpractice.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Even in Carolina has the division title wrapped up tonight, I don't expect them to rest players against us. We're their most likely opponent in round 1. It would be their message game. I expect it'll be chippy and hard fought no matter what.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
This has been a roller coaster of a season. But.... Realistically going into the year I was thinking we'd be a wildcard team.

I know some were expecting more given last year's regular season finish, but we lost some key pieces and some players regressed as typically happens. So we're right where I was expecting even if the path getting here has been kind of crazy. Can't complain too much.

Going into the playoffs this year we'd be carrying really good momentum unlike last year. In some ways we'd be in a better spot than at the end of last regular season.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Last Rat Standing

May 26, 2016
South Florida
If they make the playoffs, how far do they go? I can see a series with Carolina or New Jersey going 6 or 7. However, I think Boston makes quick work of whomever is in the 8th spot. 4, maybe 5 games.

I know that anything could happen in the playoffs (see CBJ vs TB in 2019). Boston is too good of a team to fall flat in R1.

Reactions: HockeyRulez

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
If they make the playoffs, how far do they go? I can see a series with Carolina or New Jersey going 6 or 7. However, I think Boston makes quick work of whomever is in the 8th spot. 4, maybe 5 games.

I know that anything could happen in the playoffs (see CBJ vs TB in 2019). Boston is too good of a team to fall flat in R1.
One thing to note is that if we get in by winning Thursday - as Hanzal has pointed out that’s probably the only way in - then we’ll be playing NJ as long as they win their last two.

NJ-BUF is interesting scoreboard watching because of that.

Agree that Boston would be almost a waste of time. Even getting it to a 3rd home game and reaching game 6 would be a decent result

I think we’d have a realistic shot to win a series vs either NJ or CAR though

Reactions: behemolari

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
One thing to note is that if we get in by winning Thursday - as Hanzal has pointed out that’s probably the only way in - then we’ll be playing NJ as long as they win their last two.

NJ-BUF is interesting scoreboard watching because of that.

Agree that Boston would be almost a waste of time. Even getting it to a 3rd home game and reaching game 6 would be a decent result

I think we’d have a realistic shot to win a series vs either NJ or CAR though
I would love a shot at New Jersey and a chance to clean their clock.
The two previous playoff defeats to them still stings me.

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
In between A & B since the Islanders lost leaving a better chance up to this game.

Load Bennett full of tranquilizers or PCP so he can play through pain, but not too much where he dies.

• Haha
Reactions: Prominence Problem

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Both games already played against the Hurricanes this year were in 2022.
Knight started both games. He gave up 4 goals in late December, and posted a shutout mid November.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
I do not know which goalie is starting. I do not know if Sam Bennett has shuffled off this mortal coil. I do know if the Florida Panthers beat the Carolina Hurricanes Wednesday they will improbably find themselves as the 1st Wildcard team and face either the Carolina Hurricanes or New Jersey Devils. Let's see some old faces, @FlaPanthers11 @RainingRats @MaWa I see you liking my posts, how's everyone feeling?!

A.

leonardo-dicaprio-wolf-of-wallstreet.gif

B.

vomit-cup.gif

C. All of the above.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
I don’t see how it can be anything else. If Mo puts in Bob, it’s goalie choice malpractice.

bob's been very good this year, especially after we cleaned up some of the D issues. he was good before he tweaked his knee and was good after coming back. i have full confidence in him stepping in and playing a solid game.

that said, this is now about more than just the guy in net. there's a psychological aspect to playing in front of lyon right now that could be helping in some small way.

i'd feel better with bob in goal if we make the playoffs but i think you have to stay with lyon for thursday.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
In between A & B since the Islanders lost leaving a better chance up to this game.

Load Bennett full of tranquilizers or PCP so he can play through pain, but not too much where he dies.
Florida losing but getting a point made the Islanders losing unfortunately pretty irrelvant. Obviously if Florida gets in it'll be an easier opponent but even if NYI won 30-0 yesterday, because Florida got a point they still controlled their own fate. Although I do feel better that they're competing with NYI instead of the Pens, I think the NHL would rather Florida in over them lol.

Reactions: ShootIt

Last Rat Standing

May 26, 2016
South Florida
I definitely voted B. I'm more nervous now than I was before game 7 in 2012, game 6 in 2016 and any of the Capitals games. I think it's because I don't think they'll fail, but more so of I'm hoping that NYI and Pittsburgh will.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Lyon has to finish the story.

Win or lose, just give 100% effort. If we get goalied or have bad luck, it is what it is. Come back stronger next year with both Staals gone, Bennett glued back together and Duclair after a full offseason of rehab/conditioning.
Literally could not have said it better myself. If Lyon gets lit up so be it. He got us here and he deserves the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad