Post-Game Talk: Incoming waste of 8 days? Panthers lose important game, will take on Bruins, game 1 April 17.

How's everybody feeling?

• Gif A

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Gif B

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
A buzzsaw that's only won five more games more than Florida since February 1st.

* actually I just did a deep dive into both teams schedules. If you take out overtime and shoot out games since February, Boston has seven more regulation wins than Florida. They have played in 26, while Florida has only played in 24
If they can win game 1 with possibly no Bergeron, the potential is there to make it an interesting series. The pressure is all on Boston. Make it uncomfortable for them by taking the first game.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Funny how a lot of Boston fans are expecting the Panthers team from last year !

"Florida can only win 6-4 games, and come back from 0-3 deficits, they can’t win the 3-2 or 2-1 games the Bruins will have" … hummmmm I’m not even sure we’ve seen a come back from three goals this year lool

"Bruins are the number one defense defending the rush… Florida can only score with their rush-offense… They’re doomed"… hummmmm I’m not even sure we’ve seen a goal scored off the rush this year loool

The bigger they are, the harder they fall ! :D
It's useless to even try to explain to people on the mains....we will just have to wait a few years until people realize how the Panthers play. It's also up to the Panthers to maintain this style of play and ingrain it into their habits. For all we know they can tune Maurice out next season. They seem to be making steady progress though and even if they get dismantled by Boston in 4 straight, I think there will be carry over into next season...

I do think a series where everybody will be watching can do good things for the Panthers' image though. They have to win at least one game...

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
What? What I'm searching for is something that can give us an edge, any edge to change the perception of this series. And you think I mean we have no chance why bother watching. Ok, dude.
Look, the Bruins are incredible. And it goes all the way down to Connor Clifton their 6th D, even Forbort. And down to AJ Greer their 12th F. Both goalies are terrific. That being said, the '19 Bolts were swept in the 1st round by the Jackets. Playoff hockey is unpredictable.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Stats aside, what makes you think this particular group has what it takes? They've faltered time and time again. What edge do you see? What glimmer are you getting, because I can't see it.

Man… Where were you in December ?

This team doesn’t qualify for the playoffs, being 9 points out and playing like shit, if they didn’t have an edge… Come on !

CoolioFunk

Apr 15, 2021
I'm optimistic, the odds aren't in our favor but never say die! Always nice to have some panthers playoff hockey after so many years without in the past. No Bergy would be huge, maybe score a game one upset and get some momentum going.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
What? What I'm searching for is something that can give us an edge, any edge to change the perception of this series. And you think I mean we have no chance why bother watching. Ok, dude.

We don’t really have any edge, but so what? The games are played on the ice and not on paper.

I’m not even saying we’re going to win, we likely aren’t, but any team can win 4 out of 7 games if we can get momentum on our side. If Bergeron is out game 1, that’s a start.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Panthers should take a page from the Heat. On the road 10 pt underdogs nobody gives them a chance…perfect underdog scenario…..

Last edited:

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
You guys confirmed what I suspected. We are all just hoping they play well enough to pull an upset. I am as well. Underdog story, Rocky, I get it. Like our scrappy 96 Panthers of old.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
You guys confirmed what I suspected. We are all just hoping they play well enough to pull an upset. I am as well. Underdog story, Rocky, I get it. Like our scrappy 96 Panthers of old.

If you look at it both teams played well at the end of the season. In the Panthers case this is a better Panther team so while they are the underdog the gap may have narrowed just a bit we shall see….

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
If they can win game 1 with possibly no Bergeron, the potential is there to make it an interesting series. The pressure is all on Boston. Make it uncomfortable for them by taking the first game.
If they can take one of these 1st 2 games in Boston,. That's a win in my Books. Hold serve on home ice and you're up 3-1.

Reactions: CanePanther

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Bruins are pretty banged up. Bergeron maybe sick and kind of injured. Marchand said himself he's not 100%. Krecji just coming back. Ullmark is a maybe. I think there are others.

Aside from Bennett I think we're pretty healthy. So hopefully that gives us an edge too.

We have a good offense vs. their good defense. They have a banged up offense vs. our not great defense. They theoretically have the better goalie combo, but Ullmark may be injured and is not playoff tested.

I know people will look down on expected goals models but we were actually pretty close to Boston through the year. They just scored way way above their expected goals and we scored way under. And of course there's a lot more that goes into that, but I don't think the real gap is that large.

Like I said earlier, get the hand chippy and narrow the skills gap. Wear down their older guys who may be banged up already. Steal a game in Boston and who knows.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
The odds are stacked against us, but so much can factor into a playoff series. Hot goalie. How the refs call the game. Getting "bounces." Injury to a key player. You never know. And we're not going to kneel to them or put them on a pedestal. We're gonna go down swinging.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Getting a bit tired of folks on here posting like we should just forfeit the series because we don't belong on the same ice as Boston.

F that. Boston is up against a hot Florida Panthers team. Doubt they are looking forward to playing the Panthers, probably wanted the Isles! Bruins aren't playing Columbus or Anaheim, they are playing Barkov, Chucky, Ekblad, etc. Chucky and Gudas getting in their faces and throwing off their game.

Panthers in 6!

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Getting a bit tired of folks on here posting like we should just forfeit the series because we don't belong on the same ice as Boston.

F that. Boston is up against a hot Florida Panthers team. Doubt they are looking forward to playing the Panthers, probably wanted the Isles! Bruins aren't playing Columbus or Anaheim, they are playing Barkov, Chucky, Ekblad, etc. Chucky and Gudas getting in their faces and throwing off their game.

Panthers in 6!
I said Panthers in seven, but I'm changing to Panthers and six.
Florida is such a good home ice team, not sure they're going to lose to Boston on home ice. The key will be taking one game in Boston.

You dont want that ;)
If there's not one done by noon, I guess I'll do it.
If someone wants to do one before then, by all means, please feel free.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
We wouldnt be Panthers fans if we expected to win.

Half the board was in meltdown in our 6 game series win against the Caps.

I expect a different attitude this season, maybe not different results, but we are not going to lay down to the Bruins.

I am excited.
Oh and two of their 12 regulation losses were to us this season.

Which by my math is better than at least 20 other teams did against the Broons this season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad