Speculation: Incoming Nordiques Jersey?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I mean, I already like the normal jerseys and the current 3rd jerseys are fine. I guess they do need to make money though.
I'd think of it as like the Color Rush jerseys.
What if they just have new gloves. That stand out instead of the black. Like Vegas and their white gloves.
Nah, it's definitely one of the jerseys. There's gonna be several.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm guessing they'll be wearing the Stadium Series jersey again, which kinda sucks.

Teams usually use those as one offs though for the event. Hopefully they don't bring it back.

If they managed to not see or care about all the negative feedback the first time, and just decide to bring them back, that would be a whole new level of awful decision making.

If that's the case they should just do the Stadium Series and add the old piping on the sides to really piss everyone off.

Hopefully it's the Nords jersey though.

Avs1977

Jun 16, 2012
Teams usually use those as one offs though for the event. Hopefully they don't bring it back.

If they managed to not see or care about all the negative feedback the first time, and just decide to bring them back, that would be a whole new level of awful decision making.

If that's the case they should just do the Stadium Series and add the old piping on the sides to really piss everyone off.

Hopefully it's the Nords jersey though.
It’s the Nords jerseys, this info was hinted at a few months ago. I am very excited for it

Reactions: Foppa2118

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
I really hope nordiques jersey do not make appearance, I want them back in Quebec where they belong, jets style. I thought the whaler jerseys were tacky.
Let’s get some new designs in. Rumours are every team is getting a new jersey this year. Easy source of income in a down year don’t know why any team wouldn’t take advantage

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I really hope nordiques jersey do not make appearance, I want them back in Quebec where they belong, jets style. I thought the whaler jerseys were tacky.
Let’s get some new designs in. Rumours are every team is getting a new jersey this year. Easy source of income in a down year don’t know why any team wouldn’t take advantage

The Avs wearing Nordiques jerseys would only help Quebec's chances at getting another team though, since it would bring awareness to it, and get fans and the media talking about how they should have a team again.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Hell yes to the Nords jersey. I want a little updating/modernization to it though. Nothing crazy. I’d say something similar to what the sens are doing with their New Jerseys.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Honestly, wearing a Nordiques jersey to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Quebec losing their team is very poor taste. It would read to me like the Avs giving a giant middle finger to Quebec fans saying "Hey, remember how we stole your team? Good times."

If the Avs really want to celebrate 25 years, throughout the year they should have the team wear every jersey the Avs have ever worn. Go pure Avalanche nostalgia.

For the record, I love the Nordiques jersey - I had a Sakic one that I wore too much and ended up basically destroying. I just don't think the 25th anniversary is the best time for the Avs to wear it. Honestly the only time I'd really be in favor of it is if it were announced that Quebec is getting the Nords back next season, and the Avs wore it to build up hype and pass the torch back to Quebec.

Last edited:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
"Hey, remember how we stole your team? Good times."

Only morons would feel that way. I don't think anyone here feels like Denver "stole" the Nords.

A handful of people could be "offended" if the Avs would wear the jersey but mostly because they want a team back and don't feel any connection with the Avs.

Reactions: arun

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Only morons would feel that way. I don't think anyone here feels like Denver "stole" the Nords.

A handful of people could be "offended" but mostly because they want a team back and don't feel any connection with the Avs.

That was obviously hyperbole, but I don't see how it wouldn't read as negative from a Quebec perspective. That Jersey is not associated with the Avalanche - it's associated with Quebec. If you're wearing it, you're not celebrating 25 years of the Avalanche, you're celebrating 25 years since Quebec lost their team. That's why it's bad taste.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Cool. Also, people in Quebec gonna be mad.

Yep you got that right, even more so with the rumours starting to heat up in the last few days when the NHL pitched the idea of a canadian division. Right away the journalists over here took the ball in the air and came up with two canadian divisions Can-East ( Leafs, Habs , Sens , Nords ( relocation ) and Can-west ( Canucks, Flames, Oilers, Jets ).

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Honestly, wearing a Nordiques jersey to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Quebec losing their team is very poor taste. It would read to me like the Avs giving a giant middle finger to Quebec fans saying "Hey, remember how we stole your team? Good times."

If the Avs really want to celebrate 25 years, throughout the year they should have the team wear every jersey the Avs have ever worn. Go pure Avalanche nostalgia.

For the record, I love the Nordiques jersey - I had a Sakic one that I wore too much and ended up basically destroying. I just don't think the 25th anniversary is the best time for the Avs to wear it. Honestly the only time I'd really be in favor of it is if it were announced that Quebec is getting the Nords back next season, and the Avs wore it to build up hype and pass the torch back to Quebec.
To me it would be bad because they did not acknowledge the Nordiques for 25 years and now would be going for a cash grab.

Reactions: MarkT

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yep you got that right, even more so with the rumours starting to heat up in the last few days when the NHL pitched the idea of a canadian division. Right away the journalists over here took the ball in the air and came up with two canadian divisions Can-East ( Leafs, Habs , Sens , Nords ( relocation ) and Can-west ( Canucks, Flames, Oilers, Jets ).
It's a pipe dream at this point.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Of course they did.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

Yep, so the info Icethetics had was correct. Blue version of the home jersey looking pretty likely, I'd say.

OR some ugly Nords jersey.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Also I realise the Stadium Series last year was a bit of an anti-climax but surely it wasn't that forgettable

1206330589.jpg.jpg

Please, I'm trying to forget. I've got PTSD from that event.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad