Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XXXVIII ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
So is anyone else starting to get that feeling that something big is on the way for the Avs again?

I feel like something very unexpected is about to happen similar to the EJ trade a couple years ago.

Its very uncharacteristic for GM's to come out and say who they want to pick and who they wont pick before the draft. Plus the fact that Roy and Sakic are both doing this so early on in there tenures here seems very strange.

I have a feeling were going to make a big trade before the draft that's going to shock a lot of people and really solve our Defensive issues. And I think it's going to involve our 2014 1st.

2014 1st + Elliott + #32 for Enstrom + Burmistrov

That's my crazy unexpected prediction. Probably not going to happen, but I get the feeling were gonna do something unexpected in the next few days.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
So is anyone else starting to get that feeling that something big is on the way for the Avs again?

I feel like something very unexpected is about to happen similar to the EJ trade a couple years ago.

Its very uncharacteristic for GM's to come out and say who they want to pick and who they wont pick before the draft. Plus the fact that Roy and Sakic are both doing this so early on in there tenures here seems very strange.

I have a feeling were going to make a big trade before the draft that's going to shock a lot of people and really solve our Defensive issues. And I think it's going to involve our 2014 1st.

That's my crazy unexpected prediction. Probably not going to happen, but I get the feeling were gonna do something unexpected in the next few days.

I could see something big coming...if it involves Duchene or Landy I will be LIVID.

Those are my only two that are untouchable....PAP may be in that convo as well. Duchene needs some consistent wingers.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Ilya Bryzgalov, Philadelphia Flyers $5.667 per 9 years
Drew Doughty, Los Angeles Kings $7.000 per 8 years
Jordan Eberle, Edmonton Oilers $6.000 per 6 years
Mike Green, Washington Capitals $6.083 per 3 years
Evander Kane, Winnipeg Jets $5.250 per 5 years
Phil Kessel, Toronto Maple Leafs $5.400 per 5 years
David Legwand, Nashville Predators $4.500 per 6 years
James Neal, Pittsburgh Penguins $5.000 per 6 years
Corey Perry, Anaheim Ducks $8.625 per 8 years
Brad Richards, New York Rangers $6.667 per 9 years
Mike Richards, Los Angeles Kings $5.750 per 12 years
Bobby Ryan, Anaheim Ducks $5.100 per 5 years
Steven Stamkos, Tampa Bay Lightning $7.500 per 5 years
Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals $9.538 per 13 years
Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers $6.875 per 6 years
Ed Jovanovski, Florida Panthers $4.125 per 4 years

OV basically negotiated the deal with his mother. OV was ok with 6x9 or so but Leonsis wanted to add some more to it.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Kipper told the Finnish national team he's retiring.

Probably a good thing for the Flames. I expect them to be big spenders on July 5th. The already have 18 players signed for ~$41.7m. They will overpay for at least 2 forwards, 1-2 defensemen, and maybe a goalie.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Luongo to the Flames?

Flames don't have to worry about making the playoffs for a while, so Lou choking in the playoffs won't be a concern for them.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
But do Flames want a veteran goalie that will hurt their chance of getting a few top 3 pick the upcoming years?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Flames don't have the space for Loungo unless they get rid of a goalie.

They have plenty of room... they don't have a single goalie that can be counted on as a starter. MacDonald can easily be buried, Berra has a 2 way contract, and Ramo's deal isn't finalized yet. I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see them go after Mike Smith in free agency.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
They have plenty of room... they don't have a single goalie that can be counted on as a starter. MacDonald can easily be buried, Berra has a 2 way contract, and Ramo's deal isn't finalized yet. I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see them go after Mike Smith in free agency.

Meh I don't see it. No need to from there end.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!

Fun trade. Can't see wpg going after it unless they are 100% convinced we will be in the same position we are in now next year.

But this should be fun. We do have some interesting assets that could be used here.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Meh I don't see it. No need to from there end.

Starting the season with a Berra-Ramo combo would be worse than the Budaj-Raycroft combo. If they are mailing in the season before it starts that combo makes sense.. if they want to win at least a bit they will need to get a starter.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Starting the season with a Berra-Ramo combo would be worse than the Budaj-Raycroft combo. If they are mailing in the season before it starts that combo makes sense.. if they want to win at least a bit they will need to get a starter.

They don't want to win though. At least when they gave up JayBo and Iginla it signaled that they are headed into a major rebuild. Sucks for them they didn't finish lower.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
They don't want to win though. At least when they gave up JayBo and Iginla it signaled that they are headed into a major rebuild. Sucks for them they didn't finish lower.

I think they will want a very short rebuild (more of a re-tool and 3 1st round picks in a deep draft is a great way to start). I expect them to be really busy this summer.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 3m
#BlueJackets asking 4 permission speak to #Flames Kiprusoff in hopes of talking him out of retire'mt. Doesn't app' he will change his mind

Makes you wonder if there is something to the Bob rumors.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I think they will want a very short rebuild (more of a re-tool and 3 1st round picks in a deep draft is a great way to start). I expect them to be really busy this summer.

I keep hearing their fans say that. They're essentially wanting a one season rebuild. I don't think it's possible. They just don't have the young talent yet. This draft will be a good kickstart, but chances are that no more than one of the drafted players are NHL ready. They need a few more years in the cellar to really replenish that top end talent.

Now, knowing Feaster, they could try to rush things and screw it up. If they start handing out 5 year contracts to UFAs, they'll be better short term, but they'll have taken a step back in their rebuild. That's the best way to be a 10-12 in the standings team for the foreseeable future.

Don't be the leafs. Take your lumps. Suck for a while. Explode out of the gate in 5 years.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I keep hearing their fans say that. They're essentially wanting a one season rebuild. I don't think it's possible. They just don't have the young talent yet. This draft will be a good kickstart, but chances are that no more than one of the drafted players are NHL ready. They need a few more years in the cellar to really replenish that top end talent.

Now, knowing Feaster, they could try to rush things and screw it up. If they start handing out 5 year contracts to UFAs, they'll be better short term, but they'll have taken a step back in their rebuild. That's the best way to be a 10-12 in the standings team for the foreseeable future.

Don't be the leafs. Take your lumps. Suck for a while. Explode out of the gate in 5 years.

Feaster :laugh:

I fully expect them to make a bunch of stupid moves in the next month.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Anthony SanFilippo ‏@AnthonySan37 6m

BREAKING NEWS: #Flyers have decided to buy out the remainder of goalie Ilya Bryzgalov's contract

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Bryz to be bought out. Wonder where he will end up? Phoenix? Calgary?

Anthony SanFilippo ‏@AnthonySan37 6m

BREAKING NEWS: #Flyers have decided to buy out the remainder of goalie Ilya Bryzgalov's contract

You sneaky devil... I now know how it feels to be RL :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad