Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XXXVIII ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I put a post up back during the ROR thing where I analyzed as many confirmed Meehan players as possible and an overwhelming number were grossly overpaid or at the very least enjoying extremely fat contracts, not one single contract that screamed "good deal" for both sides. This guy is a serious bane on the NHL.

Ilya Bryzgalov, Philadelphia Flyers $5.667 per 9 years
Drew Doughty, Los Angeles Kings $7.000 per 8 years
Jordan Eberle, Edmonton Oilers $6.000 per 6 years
Mike Green, Washington Capitals $6.083 per 3 years
Evander Kane, Winnipeg Jets $5.250 per 5 years
Phil Kessel, Toronto Maple Leafs $5.400 per 5 years
David Legwand, Nashville Predators $4.500 per 6 years
James Neal, Pittsburgh Penguins $5.000 per 6 years
Corey Perry, Anaheim Ducks $8.625 per 8 years
Brad Richards, New York Rangers $6.667 per 9 years
Mike Richards, Los Angeles Kings $5.750 per 12 years
Bobby Ryan, Anaheim Ducks $5.100 per 5 years
Steven Stamkos, Tampa Bay Lightning $7.500 per 5 years
Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals $9.538 per 13 years
Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers $6.875 per 6 years
Ed Jovanovski, Florida Panthers $4.125 per 4 years

I'm sure Meehan has a lot to do with that, but it's also a product of him having a large chunk of the top players in the league, who a good portion of are bound to be overpaid by some team.

He's not solely responsible for the stupid contracts out there like Bryzgalov's. That's Philly fault.

A lot of those deal's aren't all that bad anyway.

Burnaby_Joe*

Did anyone hear what was just said on HNIC? Something like the Avs will draft MacKinnon and he'll play on the 3rd line?

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I'm sure Meehan has a lot to do with that, but it's also a product of him having a large chunk of the top players in the league, who a good portion of are bound to be overpaid by some team.

He's not solely responsible for the stupid contracts out there like Bryzgalov's. That's Philly fault.

A lot of those deal's aren't all that bad anyway.

Consider them based on the time of signing. He's destroyed the 2nd contract every chance he got and always made sure his guys got top dollar, deserved or not. Not saying it wouldn't happen with another agent, but he really doesn't cut any teams slack on a pretty consistent basis.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Did anyone hear what was just said on HNIC? Something like the Avs will draft MacKinnon and he'll play on the 3rd line?

not really shocking. just about everyone expected him to be on the 3rd line to start out.
that's partially why so many were opposed to drafting him since he's not likely to supplant Duchene as the #1 C.
that said, he could likely climb to the #2 C by mid season and become a beast scoring by his 2nd season.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois

But with the team we have now, we would be rolling with 3 scoring lines, so it isn't that big of a deal IMO.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I could see the Avs looking to package Wilson and the 32nd for an upgrade on LD.

Not sure what it would take but I want Coburn. Stauffer isn't always reliable but he tweeted this yesterday....

Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer
Am hearing that is sounds like the #fFlyers might be shopping a guy like Braydon Coburn

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I could see the Avs looking to package Wilson and the 32nd for an upgrade on LD.

Not sure what it would take but I want Coburn. Stauffer isn't always reliable but he tweeted this yesterday....

Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer
Am hearing that is sounds like the #fFlyers might be shopping a guy like Braydon Coburn

These are two things I've thought would happen for a while now. Hopefully they can coincide together, though we'll probably have to add a little.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Why not Stastny on the wing? I'm trying to figure out what the lines project to be based on what I am hearing.

Landeskog - Duchene - PAP
McGinn - Stastny - Jones
O'Reilly - Mack - Downie

that seems like the best bet to me.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I could definitely see that. Some RFA defensemen that is looking to play a bigger role. It would have to be a situation very similar to Varly's.

Who would fit that role though? Leddy maybe. Demers could be someone else. Rundbland if he doesn't make the Coyotes roster could be someone that is tired of staying in the minors.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Who would fit that role though? Leddy maybe. Demers could be someone else. Rundbland if he doesn't make the Coyotes roster could be someone that is tired of staying in the minors.

I wouldn't give up the 2014 1st round pick for any of those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad