Speculation: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XXXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
My dream acquisition for the Avs would be Michael Grabner from the Islanders, but I doubt they'll ever let him go unless its an incredible deal. But here are my hopes for the off-season

Draft Jones
Sign Stalberg (second choice Simon Gagne)
Sign a veteran defenseman (either Scuderi or Regher)
Trade/buy out Zanon and Hunwick.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
You didn't like the Gagner and the 7th overall pick for Duchene offer?

Oh my goodness....

I try to steer clear of the Trade Boards, but this piqued my curiosity....

Wow, just wow.....I was truly left speechless

I wanted to touch on this

avsman said:
My argument isn't that Duchene is better, I just don't know how Hall can be such a consensus 100% better player.

To answer the bolded, I'd have to defer to one Mr. Barney Stinson for the answer

tumblr_llevytNVlr1qag1wuo1_5001.gif

Taylor Hall is "newer" in the league, therefore he's younger, therefore he's automatically better

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Hall is better than Duchene though...

I respectfully disagree, and no, I won't turn the Trade thread into a Duchene vs. Hall thread. If you feel that Hall is better, then that's fine, all that means is that my opinion differs from yours, neither of us are wrong.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I respectfully disagree, and no, I won't turn the Trade thread into a Duchene vs. Hall thread. If you feel that Hall is better, then that's fine, all that means is that my opinion differs from yours, neither of us are wrong.

Well... technically one of you are wrong, because the odds of them both being equally skilled is extremely remote. ;)

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL

just say the man is wrong. that's the truth of it.
don't sugarcoat it and be all politically correct.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Well that doesn't make sense, one of you has to be wrong.:D

spoiler alert it's him. I'm a big fan of Hall's but Duchene is better in every aspect expect hitting and getting injured.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Well... technically one of you are wrong, because the odds of them both being equally skilled is extremely remote. ;)

just say the man is wrong. that's the truth of it.
don't sugarcoat it and be all politically correct.

Well that doesn't make sense, one of you has to be wrong.:D

spoiler alert it's him. I'm a big fan of Hall's but Duchene is better in every aspect expect hitting and getting injured.

Come on guys, like I said, my intention wasn't to turn this into a Duchene vs. Hall thread. ;)

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
getting back on topic(tsk tsk tsk Rock)

there are a lot of moves to be made to shore up this team. we likely will need to move some of the dead weight on D, sign(well, trade for) a scoring forward and sign a vet D man like Scuderi or Regehr.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
getting back on topic(tsk tsk tsk Rock)

there are a lot of moves to be made to shore up this team. we likely will need to move some of the dead weight on D, sign(well, trade for) a scoring forward and sign a vet D man like Scuderi or Regehr.

I'm just not sure how we could fit in someone like Scuderi or Regher if we do in fact draft Jones...unless we do use a Buyout (not counting on it) or find a team dumb enough to take on SOB/Zanon, I kinda like Hunwick in the 7th D-man role

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I'm just not sure how we could fit in someone like Scuderi or Regher if we do in fact draft Jones...unless we do use a Buyout (not counting on it) or find a team dumb enough to take on SOB/Zanon, I kinda like Hunwick in the 7th D-man role

Hard decisions NEED to be made. If those hard decisions include starting O'Brien in the minors, so be it. The dude has a bad reputation and clearly doesn't want to change it (showing up in pictures with BizNasty in Vegas).

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Out of anybody on the team, I think that SOB is the most likely to be bought out. He is a known character problem. With coaches/management more than teammates, they seem to like him. No team will pay anything for that sort of player that is under contract for 2 more years at $2m. Not when you can pick up a player that can play his role, without the baggage for 500k-1m less.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Hard decisions NEED to be made. If those hard decisions include starting O'Brien in the minors, so be it. The dude has a bad reputation and clearly doesn't want to change it (showing up in pictures with BizNasty in Vegas).

I agree, hard decisions do need to be made, but I just don't see the Avs placing him in the minors, no matter how much his play may warrant it

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I agree, hard decisions do need to be made, but I just don't see the Avs placing him in the minors, no matter how much his play may warrant it

His play isn't the problem IMO. In fact I thought he was okay this season and better than ROB and Zanon. The problem tends to be his attitude. He needs to be traded for a bag of pucks or bought out... sadly I don't think either happens.

Last edited:

R S

Sep 18, 2006

His play isn't the problem. It's his attitude and it's pretty clear he was one of the guys that Giguere's rant was about. I also know some other pretty nasty rumours about things he's done since coming into the league.

icesniper

Nov 16, 2010
Colorado
My own pipe dream scenario...

Anyway we could package Stastny, a prospect, or additional picks (this year or future) and bamboozle one of the teams picking in the two to five slot to give us their pick?

R S

Sep 18, 2006
My own pipe dream scenario...

Anyway we could package Stastny, a prospect, or additional picks (this year or future) and bamboozle one of the teams picking in the two to five slot to give us their pick?

Would have to be a good prospect and likely our 1st rounder in 2014 to even come close to making a deal.

A big reason for that is $$. Teams don't want to take on salary with the cap going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad