Speculation: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XXXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaego

May 18, 2011
1st!!! :sarcasm:

Please no trading EJ. Just trade O'Byrne to the Flyers for Schenn. Better for both parties.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Please please please let tonight be the last game we have to see ROB or Zannon in an Avs uniform. Please...

Zandar

Jan 20, 2007
This just deadline for the Avs looks a lot like 2010's. no one wanted Clark. Tucker, Svatos, etc and no one probably wants Zanon and company. Hope to be wrong but its been incredibly quiet. Lets hope its because of the back to back games and that everything kicks off after tonight's game.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
You, too. I went to sticky this, and BAM it was already done.

What?

I didn't sticky this....you know that that means?

GHOST MOD!!!

257458_original.gif

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
adater ‏@adater 1m
As astutely noted by @RocksHockeyRyan, teams can't trade guys on IR - i.e. Paul Stastny

Is this really true?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
adater ‏@adater 1m
As astutely noted by @RocksHockeyRyan, teams can't trade guys on IR - i.e. Paul Stastny

Is this really true?

I just came here to see if anyone had posted this. Because I'm sure that Theodore MUST have been on IR when the Avalanche acquired him

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
adater ‏@adater 1m

Is this really true?

I don't think so, I think players on the IR can be traded if the team trading them gives the other team full disclosure on the state of the injury of said player. BTW didn't Freudian point it out that the Avs could take Staz off the IR if they want to?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
adater ‏@adater 1m

Is this really true?

It isn't. Theo was on IR went we acquired him. As long as the team trading for him knows the extent and is willing to still accept the player then it is fine. Regardless Stastny can come off IR today or tomorrow I think.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
adater ‏@adater 1m

Is this really true?

Avs can remove Stastny from IR whenever they want, so it's not like it's a limitation.

It's possible you can't trade players that are on IR, but you can trade injured players as long as the other team are ok with it.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I just came here to see if anyone had posted this. Because I'm sure that Theodore MUST have been on IR when the Avalanche acquired him

Yea he had that heel injury. Last game before it was Jan 31st, he was traded on March 8th, and the next game he played was April 9th.

That was the old CBA though, and I guess teams could take someone off IR, trade them, and the new team could put them back on IR. Maybe that's what happened with Theo.

I'm sure since Stastny and Jones injuries aren't too serious, the Avs could take them off IR, trade them, and the new team could just keep them on the active roster since they'd be close to returning anyway.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yea he had that heel injury. Last game before it was Jan 31st, he was traded on March 8th, and the next game he played was April 9th.

That was the old CBA though, and I guess teams could take someone off IR, trade them, and the new team could put them back on IR.

I'm sure since Stastny and Jones injuries aren't too serious, the Avs could take them off IR, trade them, and the new team could just keep them on the active roster since they'd be close to returning anyway.

I really, really doubt it changed.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
So is anyone else bothered by the fact were not hearing any rumors involving the Avs? Going off past history this seems to be when a big/controversial trade occurs. Hopefully this is just my paranoia getting to me.

The Avs just need to play it smart this year, sell off a couple of dead weight players and move on nothing big, just smart moves to gain maybe a couple extra picks.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
So is anyone else bothered by the fact were not hearing any rumors involving the Avs? Going off past history this seems to be when a big/controversial trade occurs. Hopefully this is just my paranoia getting to me.

The Avs just need to play it smart this year, sell off a couple of dead weight players and move on nothing big, just smart moves to gain maybe a couple extra picks.

They are out there if you look. IE ROB is connected with Carolina, Chicago, Habs, Boston, and Toronto.

The problem is that ROB, Kobasew, any others are now sexy (insert Big Sexy joke) names to talk about. Clowe, Jagr, etc are.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

There's never been any (reliable) rumors involving the Avs going around.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario

Most of our big trades in the past happened out of the blue.

Except I guess there was a lot of talk about Gali and Winnik last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino