Speculation: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XXXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He'd be overpaid by about 1m, same as what most people believe that Stastny is overpaid by

Yeah but that's 1 mil on a much smaller contract for a significantly lesser player, so he becomes overpaid by a third of his value, while staz is overpaid by a fifth at most. Dunno bout you, but I'd rather over pay by a mil for a 5.5-6 million dollar 1b C than for a 3 million dollar 3C.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Yeah but that's 1 mil on a much smaller contract for a significantly lesser player, so he becomes overpaid by a third of his value, while staz is overpaid by a fifth at most. Dunno bout you, but I'd rather over pay by a mil for a 5.5-6 million dollar 1b C than for a 3 million dollar 3C.
Stastny hasn't looked like a 1b center for a few years now and he sure as hell doesn't look like anyone worthy of 5.5-6M. If anything, he's worth closer to what Bozak would be looking at. He's a #2 center at best at this point.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007

At this point, for the Colorado Avalanche, that is debatable. We aren't getting much out of Stastny right now, I think he needs a change of scenery. I think we would get, at minimum, the same production out of Bozak.

In saying this, I doubt TO fans think that would be a very good deal.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Really? I thought Mitchell looked better when he had that extra ice to operate in, plus he's been great on faceoffs for us. As for Sgar, I would like to see him on the wing for one of the top two lines, but with his chippiness and our depth at center and winger, I like the idea of starting him off as the 3 C who plays on the wing for one of the PP units while he grows into the NHL.

McGinn-Dutchy-PAP
Landy-Staz/ROR-Downie/Jones
Mitchell-Sgar-Jones/Downie

would be how I started it, with Sgar moving up into McGinn or Downie/Jones' spot and Mitchell shifting in from the wing when Sgar is ready.

Yea I thought he looked good with the open ice too. In fact, his first few games he looked like crap on the wing. He didn't start looking comfortable until he was on O'Reilly's line. He's definitely better at center IMO, he's juts not as good defensively as you would hope for in a 3rd pivot.

I don't think it's THAT bad. He's producing the same as Stastny, is also good defensively and on the PK, as well as on the faceoffs. It'd be nice to have a right handed center too.

Yea, the Avs have never really had many true centers that were righties. I think the only guys might have been Dowd and Guite. I can't think of any others that were full time centers.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He'd be overpaid by about 1m, same as what most people believe that Stastny is overpaid by

I think that's WAY more than overpaying him by a mere $1 million. My obvious DU bias aside, I don't think Bozak is anywhere near as good as advertised. He's Matt Stajan 2.0--a serviceable center, but not a scoring line center. He's put up only modest offensive #s despite top line minutes and having the team's best wingers to play with. And frankly I don't think he's made up for those shortcomings with his defensive play either.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Gardiner + good wing/ wing prospect then? Not sure what TO has for wingers though.

McGinn-Mitchell-Downie for the 3rd line in 2013-2014

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Bozak has really had a great year no doubt and would be a really solid 3rd line centre, but not at anything over 3 million dollars.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
D'Agostini+7th for a 5th round pick, wow. I would've been all of that.

No. D'Agostini was once traded for Aaron Palushaj. There's a reason for that. Good talent--no consistency whatsoever. He's a marginal scorer. We have enough of those.

I have a feeling this is a precursor to a much larger deal. Armstrong's been doing a hell of a lot of scouting this season.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
D'Agostini+7th for a 5th round pick, wow. I would've been all of that.

2015 picks. if that relates anything like NFL in value that would be a Dags +9th for a 7th this year.

That means Zanon is worth a 2015 6th at best :cry:
We're stuck with him.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
2015 picks. if that relates anything like NFL in value that would be a Dags +9th for a 7th this year.

That means Zanon is worth a 2015 6th at best :cry:
We're stuck with him.

Hell with that. Even if the return is a Jeff Finger bobblehead, just do it!

I do think that this team is very slow and too proud to admit mistakes. And ownership is far too cheap to risk sending a contract like that to the minors. I think it's for those two reasons that Zanon is still on the team...well, that and Sacco's inexplicable love of the guy.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Bozak has really had a great year no doubt and would be a really solid 3rd line centre, but not at anything over 3 million dollars.

He put up 47 points last year, and is on pace for that exact same number this year over an 82 game season. I'm not surprised at the $4M number. Someone will give him that as a UFA, possibly more.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Why do we want to get rid of Zanon? These boards would be so boring if we couldn't make fun of him all the time.

There will always be another Zanon. Clark, Cumiskey, Zanon.......who will be the next suitor?

We always have a whipping boy.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He put up 47 points last year, and is on pace for that exact same number this year over an 82 game season. I'm not surprised at the $4M number. Someone will give him that as a UFA, possibly more.

This... I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it fall somewhere between 4.5-5. It would be an overpayment, but somebody will at least pay that.. probably Calgary :laugh:

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

Leeching off Kessel and Lupul, if someone signs him for 4mil they're going to regret it pretty fast.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Oh totally and I agree he will get a lot. I was just stating that he wouldn't put this numbers on our team and wouldn't worth the 4+ million.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Just watched highlights of it, he did look pretty bad in that game.

I dont necessarily want to recant my statement but maybe Im only remembering the good parts.

This is pretty much the only "part" worth remembering.

I still say that was more a result of Bogosian doing his best pylon impression and screening his own goalie than it was any brilliant moves by Cumiskey.

The kid had serious wheels and decent hands, but nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad