Speculation: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XXXIII ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I wouldn't like adding a possible top 70 pick in this draft to Jones for a struggling Umberger. Perhaps a solid prospect or something to grow Columbus' futures. Wouldn't even mind doing a larger trade of Jones and futures for Umberger and one of the Tyutin or Niki. If its Tyutin then one of our bad contracts on D could go the other way to offset that huge salary coming back this way in Umberger and Tyutin.

If Columbus was going to trade Tyutin, I'd imagine they would want Stastny going back the other way. Or something of that value.

Zandar

Jan 20, 2007
If Columbus was going to trade Tyutin, I'd imagine they would want Stastny going back the other way. Or something of that value.

Some concerns over his contract $$ and length. He could be had probably for a few younger guys or a pick.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Some concerns over his contract $$ and length. He could be had probably for a few younger guys or a pick.

A 4.5m cap hit for a 2 way top pairing guy is a steal. It would take Stastny and that would be a deal I could get behind.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

You're underrating Tyutin.

He's a solid Top pairing guy.

The BJ's don't look to be sellers this year, they could honestly make a playoff push. I highly doubt we will see Tyutin moved.

Exciting times for Columbus. A better team then everyone thought already, and with 3 1st round picks in this years draft, they have a very bright future ahead.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
He is not someone they want to get rid off. They are happy with him and his contract.

Exactly, he seems to be a guy they would want to build their defense around. Unfortunatelly it seems like the BJ have found themselves a pretty interesting mgmt group.

Zandar

Jan 20, 2007
He is not someone they want to get rid off. They are happy with him and his contract.

Just what was being mentioned around the Blue Jackets. With their recent surge they probably wanting to see how things go but the feeling is that they were looking at going through a major rebuild and that Tyutin and his contract were something being looked at. Their new management group is big on assets and the Avs have some to play with so who knows.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Exactly, he seems to be a guy they would want to build their defense around. Unfortunatelly it seems like the BJ have found themselves a pretty interesting mgmt group.

And a hell of a group to build with. Their defensive core going forward is amazing. Tyutin, Nikitin, JJ, and Wis are all under 30 and a solid top 4. Then you add guys like Erixon, Moore, and Murray coming up they have one of the better up and coming defenses in the NHL.

Now they may have too much and want to off load somebody like Nikitin or Moore, if they do the Avs should be all over that.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Going back the college UFA market this year, here is a good article on some players available.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/03/17/top-college-free-agents-to-watch/

Obviously the first thing that stands out in that article is the picture of the left handed D taking a slap shot, who turns out to be Dan DeKeyser. They also pump his tires a bit in their writeup, saying he was the most sought after last year but decided to stay in College, and should be the most sought after again this year.

Anyone know anything about his overall game?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Actually it looks like he's from Michigan, grew up playing hockey all around Michigan, plays at Western Michigan now, went to the Wings prospect camp a couple years ago, Lidstrom was his idol, and Detroit was hard after him last year. So it's probably a safe bet he ends up signing there. Jerks.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Actually it looks like he's from Michigan, grew up playing hockey all around Michigan, plays at Western Michigan now, went to the Wings prospect camp a couple years ago, Lidstrom was his idol, and Detroit was hard after him last year. So it's probably a safe bet he ends up signing there. Jerks.

Suter will welcome him with open arms.:sarcasm:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Obviously the first thing that stands out in that article is the picture of the left handed D taking a slap shot, who turns out to be Dan DeKeyser. They also pump his tires a bit in their writeup, saying he was the most sought after last year but decided to stay in College, and should be the most sought after again this year.

Anyone know anything about his overall game?

That article isn't far off on him. They overrate his offensive game a bit. He is very mobile and is always one of the better skaters on the ice. Great size. He does have good 2 way upside. Has all the tools to be a very good defender. Top 4 D that can be used in all situations. Should jump into the NHL right away and succeed. I give him a 70% chance of signing with Detroit, 29% with Tampa Bay, and 1% elsewhere.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
No surprise, but Andrej Sustr, 6-foot-8 Univ of Nebraska-Omaha junior dman (UFA), has officially decided to leave school/field NHL offers.

Get on it Sherman!

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

Also Wings assistant GM Jim Nill's son has grew up playing on the same team.

Current Grand Rapids coach Jeff Blashill was also he's coach for an year.

The Wings have disadvantage in a sense that they may not guarantee him a roster spot.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Friedman:

"The Avalanche? "Who knows what they'll do?" one GM laughed, knowing how quiet that organization tends to be."

Don't ever change, Avs.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Friedman:

"The Avalanche? "Who knows what they'll do?" one GM laughed, knowing how quiet that organization tends to be."

Don't ever change, Avs.

I dunno if you were being serious with the last line, but I actually love the Avs secrecy.

Not knowing what they do keeps things kind of exciting. I like the way Sherman runs things, except for the tough contract negotiations(and even that is ok to an extent).

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I dunno if you were being serious with the last line, but I actually love the Avs secrecy.

Not knowing what they do keeps things kind of exciting. I like the way Sherman runs things, except for the tough contract negotiations(and even that is ok to an extent).

Yeah, count me in for that. I love an organization that feels it has absolutely ZERO accountability with the fans who pay for tickets, merchandise, and watch on TV and listen on the radio. I love the fact that they treat their organization like a black box, or an information roach motel, and won't so much as answer legitimate questions from fans and the media as to what direction the team is going, or if there even IS a direction.

But hey, it keeps things suspenseful and unpredictable. We can't for a moment let ourselves get attached to a single player in this organization because POOF, they could be gone tomorrow. It's as if the organization looked at the way J.J. Abrams runs Bad Robot, where spoilers go to die, and said "Y'know, we could really **** with our fans if we did things that way. Let's do it!" :yo:

Yep. I love the fact that I have no idea who's really running the show in Colorado, much like we never knew who No. 1 was in "The Prisoner." So much so I bet the guy we end up drafting yells "I AM NOT A LOTTERY PICK I AM A FREE MAN!!!!"

It's a mysterious, shadowy organization with conspiracy theories abounding. And all run by an old fat man with a bionic knee who never shows his face. This is classic Bond villain material. I hope Pierre shows up at his next press conference with a Persian cat in tow. Oh...wait, WHAT press conference!? Silly me...:dunce:

Yes, I also love the fact that our GM was dragged kicking and screaming into the light like a vampire (not a Twilight vampire, because Sherman isn't sparkly like Sakic) to face the media through gritted teeth following the O'Reilly offer sheet debacle. A debacle where we even managed to hear from O'Reilly, his agent, and even his dad, but absolutely NOTHING from the Avalanche until it was too late. They even managed to make their official press releases sound embittered. And sure enough, Sherman's back in his coffin, only coming around to suck the lifeblood out of whatever hapless intern is in charge of running the team's lifeless Twitter feed, the Twitter feed that just posted that Jan Hejda is leading the Avalanche defense with a whopping seven points. SEVEN POINTS!!!!! :yo: Never mind that none of those points are a goal...SEVEN POINTS!!!

I suppose I really should love the way the Avalanche run things, because, really, how in hell to I have the right to demand where my hard-earned dollar goes whenever I buy a jersey or a ticket, since I hand a lot more money than that to Uncle Sam every year and none of us sure as hell know where that money goes, amirite?

So thank you, Avalanche, thank you for keeping me in the dark all these years. Thank you for rolling out an inferior product year after year after year and being seemingly oblivious to the suffering of your fans. And thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for showing me how an organization can go with no identity or face and yet still manage to make themselves a media circus with a major contract dispute that lasts two months into the season.

I may get an infraction for this...but it's all in good fun. :naughty:

Zandar

Jan 20, 2007
Av merican,

Wouldn't you prefer more secrecy around the Avs? No way some of the current and past trades go down the way they did if more teams and people are in the know. Lacroix learned one important thing prior to joining the Avs and that's to keep activities hush hush. Kind of hard to keep up with someone who is quietly planning their next move for a player you didn't know was available and so forth.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Av merican,

Wouldn't you prefer more secrecy around the Avs? No way some of the current and past trades go down the way they did if more teams and people are in the know. Lacroix learned one important thing prior to joining the Avs and that's to keep activities hush hush. Kind of hard to keep up with someone who is quietly planning their next move for a player you didn't know was available and so forth.

MORE secrecy?! Are you kidding? How could they be more secretive? Dress the ushers in ninja gear!? Serve concessions in a mysterious opaque container with a big question mark on it?

And you can plan quietly without going all Information Blackout on the fans. You can answer the occasional media question, tell us what direction the team is moving, give us indications as to what you're intending to do. There is no justifiable reason to say that the Avalanche's Cone of Silence is a proper way of running a team. How has that secrecy paid off? We're now verging on the cusp of a third bottom-of-the-league finish in five years. I don't see how "secrecy" has made the Avs any more effective. That's just Lacroix's paranoia at work. It's not like any organization comes out and says "Hey, we're on the verge of getting [Player X]!" I don't think I'm asking for too much when I would like someone, anyone from the front office to address fan concerns...even if it's just lip service. That's a far cry from asking them to do anything that might ruin a potential trade in the works.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Yeah, 'cause that's worked out so well for us.

i said more talent too :laugh:
the bigger guys we have are lumbering bodies without much skill other than letting their man pepper the goalie with shots.
i'm talking about getting bigger,stronger,faster,more skilled and more talented on D.
we're small enough on the wing that we need to be bigger on D. one of our main issues since we lost Blake and others was that we're small and get pushed around, then we've had a severe lack of talent to go along with that and it's really hampered us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad