Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XLII

Status
Not open for further replies.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
No to franson. To many righties as it is

Agree, but a Defensive guy with size on the right (Siemens type) who may be 2-3 years away from being ready added to our system would be nice to pick up if we can in trade.

Keep thinking using a guy like Mitchell to add depth in our system would be a good idea.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
What if we signed Stastny to an 8 yr contract he can't refuse like $6 M or $7 M while letting him know we'll trade him and allow him a list of 15-20 teams he would want to go to. He can't say no to that can he? Then we trade him and let the teams know that we're willing to eat up $2M or so of the cap hit, I don't think anyone would mind Stastny at $4-5 M. Other alternative is to give him an 8 year $4-5 M offer and if he accepts then move ROR instead depending on whether or not any of the centres adapt to wing.

Sounds a bit farfetched but have to be a bit creative here.

sirdigby

Jan 14, 2013
What if we signed Stastny to an 8 yr contract he can't refuse like $6 M or $7 M while letting him know we'll trade him and allow him a list of 15-20 teams he would want to go to. He can't say no to that can he? Then we trade him and let the teams know that we're willing to eat up $2M or so of the cap hit, I don't think anyone would mind Stastny at $4-5 M. Other alternative is to give him an 8 year $4-5 M offer and if he accepts then move ROR instead depending on whether or not any of the centres adapt to wing.

Sounds a bit farfetched but have to be a bit creative here.

When they retain the cap hit, do they just retain that, or do they retain salary as well? Because I don't think the ownership would pay Stastny 16 million dollars for the ability to trade him easier.

This is a tough year to try to trade a player making 6.6 million. I'd love to see him and ROR sign extensions at less than Duchene is making (as they should) and have them as a part of the forward core going forward. Realistically, I expect to see one gone at the deadline, and probably for less than we all hope for. Stastny might fetch good prospect or two, hopefully at least a solid defensive prospect and a winger.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
When they retain the cap hit, do they just retain that, or do they retain salary as well? Because I don't think the ownership would pay Stastny 16 million dollars for the ability to trade him easier.

This is a tough year to try to trade a player making 6.6 million. I'd love to see him and ROR sign extensions at less than Duchene is making (as they should) and have them as a part of the forward core going forward. Realistically, I expect to see one gone at the deadline, and probably for less than we all hope for. Stastny might fetch good prospect or two, hopefully at least a solid defensive prospect and a winger.

Yeah that's pretty much it. If they really are serious about winning and the team wants to get a potential 2nd/3rd dman in the deal then you have to retain salary. I'm sure they can do it but like I said, it's farfetched and they won't. I do expect other teams to take advantage of it though. Buffalo probably should to get full value on Vanek.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I had a dream last night that the Avs acquired Eberle for ROR, the more I thought about it the more I was interested in such a move. You'd have to wonder if something around that mark would work for them too considering their need for a #2 center and ROR being an Oilers fan growing up.

We'd prolly have to add a bit on HF, not sure if the real world value is closer though.

Yes, we need defense more. But what if we did McGinn for Klesla + 3rd or something and ROR for Eberle... not ideal, but I think our lineup improves a bit.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I had a dream last night that the Avs acquired Eberle for ROR, the more I thought about it the more I was interested in such a move. You'd have to wonder if something around that mark would work for them too considering their need for a #2 center and ROR being an Oilers fan growing up.

We'd prolly have to add a bit on HF, not sure if the real world value is closer though.

Yes, we need defense more. But what if we did McGinn for Klesla + 3rd or something and ROR for Eberle... not ideal, but I think our lineup improves a bit.
Not a bad thought. I doubt the Oilers (especially fans) would go for it. I have a vague memory of their fans thinking Gagner is just as good as O'Reilly? It would also increase the chances of being able to re-sign Stastny.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

I'm all for the Avs getting a natural RW, but I think that is easier using a smaller asset in a trade or signing a FA.

I think the Meszaros for conditional pick is a great idea, but wonder if Read (extension agreed upon) could be had with a decent pick + prospect and Mez would just be a throw in for the Flyers to dump cap.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
On a side note, inspired by the Malakhov+1st trade the Devils had to make a few years ago,

Since the Avs still have a buy out to use next summer, and likely would be a team Liles would accept a trade to, would you consider a similar deal?

Liles + Tor 2014 1st for Hunwick/Sarich + prospect likely not to play in the NHL

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
On a side note, inspired by the Malakhov+1st trade the Devils had to make a few years ago,

Since the Avs still have a buy out to use next summer, and likely would be a team Liles would accept a trade to, would you consider a similar deal?

Liles + Tor 2014 1st for Hunwick/Sarich + prospect likely not to play in the NHL

The Leafs won't give a 1st to get rid of Liles contract. The Leafs are one of the richest team in the league, they can always just send Liles down to the minors and not have his contract count towards the cap if they want.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
The Leafs won't give a 1st to get rid of Liles contract. The Leafs are one of the richest team in the league, they can always just send Liles down to the minors and not have his contract count towards the cap if they want.

I believe the cap hit still counts now even if the player is in the minors on a 1-way contract? Not 100 % sure though. I thought it was part of the new CBA.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I believe the cap hit still counts now even if the player is in the minors on a 1-way contract? Not 100 % sure though. I thought it was part of the new CBA.

Correct. If Liles is sent down, they'll only move about $900k off the books.

Their best option to get rid of him was to buy him out a few weeks ago. I assume he'll be a Leaf this year.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I find the amount of people thinking we need to add to ROR+Stastny <--> OEL to be a bit sad.

Of course neither team should do the trade but he's getting quite overrated if he's not worth two guys that can be considered 1B centres.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I find the amount of people thinking we need to add to ROR+Stastny <--> OEL to be a bit sad.

Of course neither team should do the trade but he's getting quite overrated if he's not worth two guys that can be considered 1B centres.

Personally wouldn't trade both for him anyway, unless both were for sure not resigning and could not net a better return in separate deals. He's great, but would not bring enough reward to the team for the cost our team would suffer trading 2 of our 4 quality centers.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado

Stastny is a pending UFA and the Coyotes have cash issues. He probably isn't of much interest to them, especially if O'Reilly is in the deal.

Stastny's value is probably not all that great.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

To be fair, if we had OEL we wouldn't do that deal. They'd need a true #1 center back to move their #1 defender.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

Stastny isn't the best asset to include.

It was insane that some people said they wouldn't take duchene + mackinnon. OEL is a great player, but he's getting very overrated. He's worth about Duchene. Maybe Duchene+. Definitely not Duchene++.

Last edited:

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

It was insane that some people said they wouldn't take duchene + mackinnon. OEL is a great player, but he's getting very overrated. He's worth about oreilly. Maybe oreilly+. Definitely not oreilly++.

He's easily worth Duchy. Not from a realistic standpoint, but pure value.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

It was insane that some people said they wouldn't take duchene + mackinnon. OEL is a great player, but he's getting very overrated. He's worth about oreilly. Maybe oreilly+. Definitely not oreilly++.

OEL is worth O'Reilly ++.

Though the pluses wouldn't have to be gigantic like Duchene or MacKinnon. It would have to probably be something like ROR+Elliott+2014 1st for OEL+4th rd pick

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

Though the pluses wouldn't have to be gigantic like Duchene or MacKinnon. It would have to probably be something like ROR+Elliott+2014 1st for OEL+4th rd pick

Right, I meant Duchene. Duchene for OEL should be close to a 1 for 1. Maybe a slight add from the Avs, but nothing of major value, definitely not a 1st or MacKinnon.

zxcvnm

Jun 19, 2013
Remember SammyJankis

I'm pretty sure we take that deal in a heartbeat. No way I see Phoenix accepting that offer unless they are looking to move OEL. He's on a sweetheart contract and is a franchise player that they're not looking to move. Think of it this way: would you accept that package in return for Duchene? If OEL was seeking a trade, perhaps that offer works. In the current situation, no way.

Phoenix would require one of Duchene, Landeskog or MacKinnon coming back to move OEL. Only real franchise talent level quality gets it done. As good as RoR is, no one sees a championship team built around him. Some Phoenix fans may be overrating OEL in the other thread, but he is a franchise level talent a championship team can be built around.

Put more simply, other Avs fans shouldn't be embarrassing themselves by making these type of proposals (e.g. O'Reilly + Stastny that started that thread) - especially if we're not willing to part with one of the big 3.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
OEL for Duchene is pretty fair,

ROR++ for OEL would not even be considered by Phoenix except what the plus would be.

Also I laughed when that Coyotes fan wouldn't even accept MacKinnon+Duchene for him, terrible.

Last edited:

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I'm pretty sure we take that deal in a heartbeat. No way I see Phoenix accepting that offer unless they are looking to move OEL. He's on a sweetheart contract and is a franchise player that they're not looking to move. Think of it this way: would you accept that package in return for Duchene? If OEL was seeking a trade, perhaps that offer works. In the current situation, no way.

Phoenix would require one of Duchene, Landeskog or MacKinnon coming back to move OEL. Only real franchise talent level quality gets it done. As good as RoR is, no one sees a championship team built around him. Some Phoenix fans may be overrating OEL in the other thread, but he is a franchise level talent a championship team can be built around.

Put more simply, other Avs fans shouldn't be embarrassing themselves by making these type of proposals (e.g. O'Reilly + Stastny that started that thread) - especially if we're not willing to part with one of the big 3.

ROR is very underrated. He might become another Bergeron and Bergeron got his name already to cup and made finals second time this season. Who knows how good ROR ends up. He has improved every season so far. At first I was just hoping him to turn out #3 center, he was #1 center just one year ago. Personally I don't want to trade him, because he's exactly type of player we would need to win Stanley.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
ROR is very underrated. He might become another Bergeron and Bergeron got his name already to cup and made finals second time this season. Who knows how good ROR ends up. He has improved every season so far. At first I was just hoping him to turn out #3 center, he was #1 center just one year ago. Personally I don't want to trade him, because he's exactly type of player we would need to win Stanley.

I love what ROR brings to the team, and I'd love to have him around for another 10 years.

But, if by some miracle, Stastny is willing to re-sign here on a reasonable deal, a package including ROR could bring us the defender we so badly need to be EJ's partner.

I hope contract talks are already underway w/ the ROR camp. If he thinks he's worth that $6.5 QO, it's an easy decision for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad