Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I wouldn't be surprised either.

But he better not be the main player for an ROR trade.

Theres no 2-way in Emelin's game. Hes a pure defensive dman.

He is very bad defensively for a defensive defenseman. Has no offense and an awful contract.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
He is very bad defensively for a defensive defenseman. Has no offense and an awful contract.

I meant it in the sense that he has no offensive game.

He's really not that bad defensively. I've watched him play more than I would like living in Montreal.
But I also don't like his contract.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Yeah, I don't like MTL either for a ROR trade. Eller+Beaulieu+ would work I guess but I'm not crazy about that.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Can someone explain to me like a 5 year old what this NHL-KHL transfer agreement is allegedly supposed to be and how it would work and how it's different than what exists now? I just cannot wrap my brain around it.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Can someone explain to me like a 5 year old what this NHL-KHL transfer agreement is allegedly supposed to be and how it would work and how it's different than what exists now? I just cannot wrap my brain around it.

This (the bolded) made me think of this:

814166abe1cb5903cfabbd89b46d91af.jpg

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

Outside of rules that countries allow players to participate in international tournaments, it's mainly a development/transfer fee when drafted players sign with a NHL team. NHL teams have to pay a couple of hundred thousand dollars to I think the national federation, who then gives some of it to the team. I'm not sure if NHL teams have to pay a fee when non-drafted players sign.

NHL has had an agreement with all European countries except Russia but there has been an informal agreement to let players transfer from NHL to KHL and vice versa. If Russia signs a transfer agreement, they'll get paid when drafted players sign with a NHL team. The informal agreement also means you respect current contracts and don't negotiate with players under contract in the other league (ie, Avs aren't allowed to try to sign Radulov).

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't mind Plekanec but he better come with Scherbak and a late 1st if we're trading O'Reilly.

Scherbak is going to be very good. I suggested something similar last week when this first came up.

We don't get help on defense but then you take the Habs 1st pick + another piece and package that for.......wait for it.......Hamhuis!

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
They're planning for it. Either by winning the lottery or trading enough assets to get the 1st pick. They have enough young talent to make that type of offer. They will have the best odds to win the lottery at least

they should be fired ASAP if that is true which i highly doubt.

#1 pick is very rarely traded and one can't expect that the other party is willing. #1 pick hasn't been traded since 2003. they don't have that much young talent that they would be able to make insane offer and still have respectable depth what just might be needed to get it done.

you can plan to suck but you can't plan to get #1 pick anymore.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Especially next year,when you can't even plan on getting a top 3 (unless i am not recalling the new format correctly where picks 1-3 will be part of the lottery)

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Especially next year,when you can't even plan on getting a top 3 (unless i am not recalling the new format correctly where picks 1-3 will be part of the lottery)

correct.

i liked that format when it was announced and it prevents tanks like sabres did this year (or at least teams are not at least as likely to do it or make it work) but it's not really fair for a team that has been actually bad and still might end up outside of top 3.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
i read some pages back and people were talking about trading for drouin.

long offseason, eh?
Wait until the Finals end and we start getting news and hearing from the Insiders more frequently. It will be crazy here, especially since everyone knows ROR will be a top of discussion for guys like Friedman and McKenzie.

The time between the end of the Finals through the first few days of free agency is always real fun. Then everything dies until September.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I'll try to do better. He's like Ryan Wilson, but more Russian. Maybe a tad better offensively, worse physically.

I'd say a more accurate description of Emelin is that on certain nights, he looks awesome and he's a beast and on other nights he's downright dreadful. Inconsistency in his game wouldn't be bad, if he wasn't 29 years old. Chances that he picks up his game and improves his consistency are low.

Scherbak is going to be very good. I suggested something similar last week when this first came up.

We don't get help on defense but then you take the Habs 1st pick + another piece and package that for.......wait for it.......Hamhuis!

You don't have to tell ME that Scherbak is going to be good :
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1697319

Ranked him 5th - he was selected 26th :shakehead

Outside of rules that countries allow players to participate in international tournaments, it's mainly a development/transfer fee when drafted players sign with a NHL team. NHL teams have to pay a couple of hundred thousand dollars to I think the national federation, who then gives some of it to the team. I'm not sure if NHL teams have to pay a fee when non-drafted players sign.

NHL has had an agreement with all European countries except Russia but there has been an informal agreement to let players transfer from NHL to KHL and vice versa. If Russia signs a transfer agreement, they'll get paid when drafted players sign with a NHL team. The informal agreement also means you respect current contracts and don't negotiate with players under contract in the other league (ie, Avs aren't allowed to try to sign Radulov).

Ok fine for drafted players but what about if they come up with an agreement for players under contract who want to move? Is it out of the realm of possibility that they come up with an agreement like they have in soccer where teams pay $$ to transfer rights of players under contract?

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I'd take Eller over Pleks all factors considered.

And shame on you Badger for mentioning Gallagher. One of my favorites and one of the least likely return pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad