Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I wonder if the Avs will revisit the Patrick Wiercioch front. He was apparently a member of the Avs until something fell through at the deadline. I would love him on the team. Would automatically be our best LHD. Then only have to sign one good FA on D then our D is competent again. Plus, Wiercioch played for DU and it would give Chambers a semi.

First I've heard of that. Which deadline are you even talking about?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The rumor about the Avs being close to Wiercioch at the deadline has been out there, but I have no idea of its validity.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Wilson was never a top 4 dman, regardless of much some on here wanted him to be because of the hits he threw.

I would disagree.

There were definitely (short) stretches where he was that. They didn't last long but there were times where he was running the powerplay quite well (from what I can remember) and providing that physical edge. He was easily a #4 D at worst during short stretches 3-4 years ago. Was he a top 4 on a team like Chicago or LA? No, he probably wasn't, but he was trending in the right direction before injuries took their toll.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

EJ must have had enough. :laugh:

Edit: Someone show RL this, his day will be made!!

giphy.gif

e6u4ok.gif

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
That must be a nice feeling when things get done quicker than you anticipate.

What do you think it took?

If I had to guess they gave him a bigger signing bonus and higher salary than his draft position would normally indicate. Really going out on a limb there. :laugh:

I'm positive some talks involving his depth chart status were had.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
I'm just not going to get my hopes up of adding any forwards to our NHL roster this summer. Almost everyone is under contract for next year besides Briere. Additions like Fehr, Frolik, Beagle, etc. would be huge but the forwards are pretty much set. There is some openings on D however. If I had to guess I just don't think they'll be as active July 1st as much as we hope.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I'm just not going to get my hopes up of adding any forwards to our NHL roster this summer. Almost everyone is under contract for next year besides Briere. Additions like Fehr, Frolik, Beagle, etc. would be huge but the forwards are pretty much set. There is some openings on D however. If I had to guess I just don't think they'll be as active July 1st as much as we hope.

Just dump Cliche to SA like an old fridge at the roadside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad