Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Are you speaking about a Grigs + Zadorov return, or what Buffalo fans expect?

Grigs + Zadorov is, IMO, a solid basis to a deal. Not ideal with the risk the Grigorenko is, but that is something that can be a base to work with.

Speaking to fans, I know Zadorov would be a great return. I'd rather have him and a first though.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Any 1st in the deal is likely to be in the 20s... I personally think Grigs is a better option than a 1st in the 20s. He is much closer to making an impact (arguably he could be in the NHL now, but for sure next year) and has about the same ceiling as a player in that range.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Grigorenko is only 20. Feels like it's ages since they played him his first game. Talk about handling him poorly since they drafted him. Should have let him stay in junior instead of going back and forth.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Zadorov would be massive though. Most of us agreed we would take Zadorov and the late 1st. Zadorov and Grigo is less attractive but not miles between.

I'd rather have grigs but that's just me.

I know not many agree but I really really like him. Think he has been a great catch for the Isles.

I like him enough as a player but 7 years is a long time for a player like him. Depending on the cap it could turn out very bad for the isles. Anything around 4 million is good tho.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
While I would love to get Zadorov, I'm not crazy about Grigorenko. I would much rather prefer a guy like Pysyk over him but I really don't see Buffalo trading both of those two young stud D. To go along with that, if we are trading a F in ROR, I want to be getting someone back who can help plug that hole.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
5.5 is pretty reasonable, hes a great defenseman and they aren't getting any cheaper.

Edit:Robin beat me to it

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
While I would love to get Zadorov, I'm not crazy about Grigorenko. I would much rather prefer a guy like Pysyk over him but I really don't see Buffalo trading both of those two young stud D. To go along with that, if we are trading a F in ROR, I want to be getting someone back who can help plug that hole.

Yeah if the Avs take back to bigger pieces, I think one has to be D and the other F... preferably a center. Grigs fits that bill.

5.5M for 7 years for Leddy. I think that's solid deal. Below five would have been great.

Yeesh... I thought it would be in the 4.5-4.75 range with that term. EJ is really going to get paid.

Barrie all of sudden got happier.

Yep. People are nuts if they don't think Barrie is getting at least 5.5m by the time his deal is up.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Islanders are taking FIVE(!) UFA years in that contract too. And his best years is ahead of him.

I think Chicago would have loved him at that price. Put him with the Hammer and sent Oduya out instead. He has really looked out of gas this season.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
I know the Leddy news just came out so I will add my two cents before my proposal to the board - my feeling is it's slightly high now for Leddy, but for the latter 2/3 of his contract it will be a good deal (barring injury and major setback). Limited downside in that I don't really see it ever being a BAD deal, unless Leddy regresses majorly.

Now, I know we all want d-men, that's at the top of my list. I'd be interested in seeing Reilly Smith in an Avs sweater - anyone have thoughts on what it would take to get him?

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yep. People are nuts if they don't think Barrie is getting at least 5.5m by the time his deal is up.

He's going to be cashing in big time, 6 million isn't out of the question in terms of what he'd be looking for.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around paying a 30 point offensive defenceman 5.5 mill with that much term. Typical Isles.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Isles should have waited until after the playoffs for that extension IMO. Make sure he performs when they need him to.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Habs fans are furious. I'm curious as to why they think Sekac has so much potential, but whatever. He looked like a good player but when they are saying stuff like "future 1st liner", I just don't see it.

More trades will start rolling in soon enough.

Yeah, I highly doubt that's anywhere near as bad as they're making it out to be. It wouldn't be the first time someone from overseas had a solid rookie season and never improved on it.

I think they had low expectations, and when he exceeded them, the overcompensated.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Honest question, when was the last time somebody took an obvious huge discount?

Aside from Duchene. :sarcasm:

Timonen before he had his healthy issues. Him basically being the lowest paid D-man amongst the junk the Flyers have back there is absurd. 2.0M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad