Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Interesting. Two younger players finding a better fit?

Yeah... Anahiem gets softer with a touch more skill. Not sure how that stacks up in the Pacific Division and the West though. Seems like this was the first of their dominoes to fall and there is something else that they are going to do. Seems very lateral... Just a guess Sekac will be put next to Getz and Perry.

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
DSP sure seemed to be the prototypical Duck's player. Doesn't seem like he ever got to play much with Getzlaf or Kesler. I think he'll do well in MTL, especially if Patches is on the other wing. Sekac – Silfverberg – xxx, should be a good line as well.

This looks like a win-win to me, but Habs fans sure are furious.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
Yeah... Anahiem gets softer with a touch more skill. Not sure how that stacks up in the Pacific Division and the West though. Seems like this was the first of their dominoes to fall and there is something else that they are going to do. Seems very lateral... Just a guess Sekac will be put next to Getz and Perry.

Maroon has been playing there and has looked pretty good because of his size. No doubt that Sekac has more skill. That would be the only place I see him fitting though. He is not built to be a bottom sixer in the West.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Sooo the Monsters are playing right now (yes really) and Street is not in the game and was not announced as an injury. He would not be any sort of healthy scratch situation, I'd be baffled.

Surprised you picked up on that but didn't pick on the fact that Grigorenko is a scratch on the other side of the ice. COME ON TV!

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Sooo the Monsters are playing right now (yes really) and Street is not in the game and was not announced as an injury. He would not be any sort of healthy scratch situation, I'd be baffled.
Yeah, I saw that. It's also strange that a game is being played this early, but whatever.

RS is posting on twitter about an ROR for Zadorov and Grigorenko rumor, but it appears to be made up by a website.

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
Maroon has been playing there and has looked pretty good because of his size. No doubt that Sekac has more skill. That would be the only place I see him fitting though. He is not built to be a bottom sixer in the West.

True, I'm not sure why they've never been able to lock down the #1 LW spot, yet always had a good/great lineup of RW. Maroon is not a first line guy, that's for damn sure, neither was Penner when they brought him back.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
Makes sense for both teams. DSP is more of a known commodity and has the higher floor as a player, and brings some size and tenacity to that forward group. Sekac has the higher ceiling as a skill player and should slot in as a much-needed skilled LW in their top 6. I'm still not convinced that he'll develop into the player Habs fans liked to think he'll be, but his speed should be a good addition to the Ducks.

Funny that Sportsnet had just published a huge feature article on Sekac and his bright future as a Hab literally 10 minutes before the trade was announced.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I love some folks on twitter. The rumour that RS commented on (which has next to know merit) had a reply of some guy saying he would 'throw in" Holden too and get Buffalo to give us Bogosian :laugh:

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Yeah, I saw that. It's also strange that a game is being played this early, but whatever.

RS is posting on twitter about an ROR for Zadorov and Grigorenko rumor, but it appears to be made up by a website.

It was pure speculation that came from here.
http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/mike-harrington/zadorov-sits-again-adding-to-odd-season-20150223

One of the worst-kept secrets in hockey is Murray’s near-obsession with Colorado center Ryan O’Reilly. Whether it’s next week or this summer, you wonder how tempted Murray is to reunite Mikhail Grigorenko with Avalanche coach Patrick Roy, who had him in junior, and to include Zadorov in a package.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
So "near-obsession" means a package of crap in return, huh?

Are you speaking about a Grigs + Zadorov return, or what Buffalo fans expect?

Grigs + Zadorov is, IMO, a solid basis to a deal. Not ideal with the risk the Grigorenko is, but that is something that can be a base to work with.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
hopefully it takes all their cap space so they have to move boychuck to the avs....because I know he would want to sign with the team that traded him away years ago after not giving him a fair shot (except a game as a wing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad