Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Mike Harrington ‏@BNHarrington 24m24 minutes ago
GMTM on WGR confirms that Zadorov was late Sunday, said he had a one-way chat w/him & adds "He's not getting the keys to the kingdom here."

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I'm worried that ROR will still be here, unsigned, when free agency start, and we'll hear that "his value will go up after free agency when the teams who missed out on Vermette, Soderberg etc are more desperate". I'm getting sick of this ROR mess and want it solved. One way or another. Sooner rather than later.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
If the Avs do trade for Zadorov they can just purchase him one of those alarm clocks with wheels, that drives around beeping until you can catch it. Maybe give him some taxi vouchers so he won't be late anymore.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
On a completely different note than all the ROR talk, I'd like to see the Avs add Fehr and Frolik to the forwards this off-season. Fehr has become a pretty good shutdown C, and Frolik is a very good defensive forward. They could be more under the radar additions that could really help out the bottom-6.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
On a completely different note than all the ROR talk, I'd like to see the Avs add Fehr and Frolik to the forwards this off-season. Fehr has become a pretty good shutdown C, and Frolik is a very good defensive forward. They could be more under the radar additions that could really help out the bottom-6.

A competent bottom six, especially with Fehr and Frolik would push a lot of the junk out of the lineup and would allow the top 2 lines some more offensive freedom.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The bottom 6 should be adding McGinn, Winchester, and Bordy next season. I don't see them adding too much, maybe 1 player that competes for a 4th line role and as backup for Winchester.

I could see the Avs going after a 2/3C tweener if ROR is dealt to give some protection in case MacK isn't ready for center duties again. Somebody like Soderberg.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
He's not going to say who he's been talking too. He said he had no intention of trading Tyler Myers and then a week later he was gone.

Given how regular the Avs scouts have been at Buffalo games the last month, I somehow doubt this is true.

Agreed. He has nothing to gain by saying "oh yeah, I talk to Joe all the time! I really want ROR and I feel like we're close on a deal!".

Any other potential suitors would say "Ohhh no you didn't!" or whatever and might want to get in on that.

In all likelihood, I believe there IS something going on and if it's the right kind of deal, the Avs will pull the trigger on it. If they can manage to get Zadorov + late 1st + a decent prospect, they'll have done pretty well for themselves and I'm not sure they get a better deal even if they wait.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois

I would also be on board for solidifying the bottom 6, but unfortunately we have a plethora of bottom 6 forwards under contract for next year. We have McGinn, Mitchell, Everberg, McLeod, Cliche, Bordeleau, Winchester, Talbot, and if you want to count Rendulic you can. I just don't think they'll make moves for the bottom 6. I'm not the biggest fan of our bottom 6, but when healthy it has solid depth and a few guys that do their jobs well. I would love to add just one guy like Stoll, Campbell, Matthias, or Kennedy.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
The bottom 6 should be adding McGinn, Winchester, and Bordy next season. I don't see them adding too much, maybe 1 player that competes for a 4th line role and as backup for Winchester.

I could see the Avs going after a 2/3C tweener if ROR is dealt to give some protection in case MacK isn't ready for center duties again. Somebody like Soderberg.

I would also be on board for solidifying the bottom 6, but unfortunately we have a plethora of bottom 6 forwards under contract for next year. We have McGinn, Mitchell, Everberg, McLeod, Cliche, Bordeleau, Winchester, Talbot, and if you want to count Rendulic you can. I just don't think they'll make moves for the bottom 6. I'm not the biggest fan of our bottom 6, but when healthy it has solid depth and a few guys that do their jobs well. I would love to add just one guy like Stoll, Campbell, Matthias, or Kennedy.

Until we hear something positive regarding Winchester I'm not booking him into future Avs plans. If Roy wants a big C, Fehr or Matthias may be his best options, unless he wants to go after Soderberg.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

There are ways to fix the bottom 6, though.

Cliche can be buried in the AHL
Talbot, as good as he is on the PK, I wouldn't mind seeing traded because his legs are going to continue to fall off even more than they already have
Winchester, who knows if he'll ever play hockey again
Bordeleau will probably be the 13th forward
McGinn, if I'm Sakic, I'm looking at trading. His back issues worry me too much, and if we can get an asset back for him, pull the trigger.

Ideally next season I'd like to go in with a bottom 6 of:

Everberg-XXX-XXX
McLeod-Mitchell-XXX

Talbot can play on the 4th line if he's still here, but that 3rd line can use two new players, if we're to be a winning team. Maybe that RW spot is taken by Rendulic, but I'm of the belief that Mitchell isn't going to be the 3C here when we are a contending team. Fehr would be nice for the 3C slot. Stoll and Vermette are going to price themselves out and ask for 2nd line C money, but it's not out of the real of possibility that we are able to upgrade the bottom 6

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Well he's saying all the right things in response. More than can be said about Kane after the tracksuit incident. He didn't seem to take any responsibility at all, just wanted to act like it was blown out of proportion by the media.

In all fairness I wouldn't either if I were Kane. His teammates are no better than him after throwing him under the bus. He should have apologized if it stayed private and then he could have apologized privately but the fact that the whole situation went public proves that it isn't exactly the greatest group of guys to be around anyway.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Until we hear something positive regarding Winchester I'm not booking him into future Avs plans. If Roy wants a big C, Fehr or Matthias may be his best options, unless he wants to go after Soderberg.

Matthias isn't a center.

In all fairness I wouldn't either if I were Kane. His teammates are no better than him after throwing him under the bus. He should have apologized if it stayed private and then he could have apologized privately but the fact that the whole situation went public proves that it isn't exactly the greatest group of guys to be around anyway.

Yeah... I trust Buff as a leader about as far as I can throw him.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Tim Murray hasn't spoken to sakic since the world juniors. Down goes the rumor.

Exhibit A on how to let a trade window open and close. The WJC was a full month before the track suit incident. And they didn't even try to talk Murray into sending him to the Avs instead at the last minute when the deal was close to going down?

After they expressed interest in Myers, they should have kept in contact. It just feels like Sakic thinks he can put everyone on his time schedule. He wants to wait until the summer, so he thinks everyone else will. That's not how it works.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Exhibit A on how to let a trade window open and close. The WJC was a full month before the track suit incident. And they didn't even try to talk Murray into sending him to the Avs instead?

After they had conversations on Myers, they should have kept in contact. It just feels like Sakic thinks he can put everyone on his time schedule. He wants to wait until the summer, so he thinks everyone else will. That's not how it works.

You believe what Murray is saying? Because I sure as hell don't.

This is the guy who said he has no plans to trade Tyler Myers literally one week before trading him

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
No way Avs trade ROR at the trade deadline while they still believe in playoff chances and ROR's line is pretty much the one line that got them going now with Landeskog and MacKinnon.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Exhibit A on how to let a trade window open and close. The WJC was a full month before the track suit incident. And they didn't even try to talk Murray into sending him to the Avs instead at the last minute when the deal was close to going down?

After they expressed interest in Myers, they should have kept in contact. It just feels like Sakic thinks he can put everyone on his time schedule. He wants to wait until the summer, so he thinks everyone else will. That's not how it works.
The Myers/ROR rumors didn't even come up until the end of January. I'm not sure you can really believe Murray.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

I'm thinking it's more someone like Soderberg that Roy will go after to fill the spot between Landy and MacK until MacK is ready to take over C full time.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He's averaged roughly 390 faceoffs per season during his 6 year career thus far, and was drafted as a centre. However, he's only 45% on draws for his career

He was being forced into that role... he isn't a center. Teams don't easily give up on a kid learning the center position.

If he was signed here to be a center, you would all be begging for Mitchell to be playing center over him. Matthias is much better at wing than center. IMO he would be a solid depth pickup for the bottom 6... just not at center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad