Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Ryan Rishaug ‏@TSNRyanRishaug 4s5 seconds ago
Winnipeg has officially put Evander Kane on IR retro to 2/2

First step in Chevy hunkering down to wait out the storm.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
I'd love to add Kane. I think he'd be a 40 goal scorer on this team. Plus adds speed and size just like Patty wants. Not to mention his defense has gotten a lot better imo. He's above average these days.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Barrie isn't going to cost that much forever. Plus ROR will get a raise if we keep him. Plus it's 4 players vs 2.

Neither Winnipeg or Buffalo would go for those deals anyway but if they did the Avs would be crazy to say no.

It doesn't matter, it puts Colorado grossly over the salary cap for this season.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I'd love to add Kane. I think he'd be a 40 goal scorer on this team. Plus adds speed and size just like Patty wants. Not to mention his defense has gotten a lot better imo. He's above average these days.

40? There were only three who scored 40 last year, and Kane is no where near that good. Maybe he rebounds to a 25-30 goal scorer. Bu I'm not sure if he will be healthy enough to do that consistently.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Peg just called Cormier up. Guessing this has more to do with Kane on IR than possible trade though.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Like I said before and others as well. DayOff is going to put Kane on the IR, then maybe the LTIR and will wait until the summer when the dust has settled a little bit more. He won't make a move even with a gun pointed to his head. The Winnipeg Jets won't make a hockey trade until DayOff is removed from his position.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I think it's Friedman that has an article that says it's Kane's decision to shut down for the year or not. I still find it odd when injury decisions are left up to the player but I guess it works that way often enough.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Couldn't reign in Seguin.

Boston made a huge mistake by trading Seguin . It's gonna down at maybe one of their worts move in history . Call me crazy but Kane fits the Bruins mold perfectly, he's fast he can hit and he can score goals. i'm guessing the Bruins would like redeem themself after the Seguin Fiasco and Kane would be the perfect guy for them .

I dont think they mind Kane's off ice problems , in fact i'm sure they think they can break him and put him back on the right track . Kane in the Bruins lineup would be lethal for the other teams in the east .

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Boston made a huge mistake by trading Seguin . It's gonna down at maybe one of their worts move in history . Call me crazy but Kane fits the Bruins mold perfectly, he's fast he can hit and he can score goals. i'm guessing the Bruins would like redeem themself after the Seguin Fiasco and Kane would be the perfect guy for them .

I dont think they mind Kane's off ice problems , in fact i'm sure they think they can break him and put him back on the right track . Kane in the Bruins lineup would be lethal for the other teams in the east .

If they got sick and tired of Seguin's supposed antics, which were rumoured to only be partying a lot, I don't see how the Bruins can handle Kane, who seems to be a locker room cancer. I think they'd fail miserably if he went there, and I'd love it. I can't stand the Bruins

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
If they got sick and tired of Seguin's supposed antics, which were rumoured to only be partying a lot, I don't see how the Bruins can handle Kane, who seems to be a locker room cancer. I think they'd fail miserably if he went there, and I'd love it. I can't stand the Bruins

i'm sure they regret trading Seguin , in fact they regret trading Segin AND letting Iginla go , they badly need someone to play in their top 6 even more so with Lucic Krejci .

Like i said, Kane would be a perfect fit for them , he's their kind of players .

finds71

Jan 18, 2011
Canada
I just looked at our 2012 roster for fun... LOL!
Statsny
Duchene
OReilly
Hejduk
Mueller
Winnik
Galiardi
Yip
Kobasew
Mcclement
Mcleod

Gotta wonder who will still be in Denver in 3 years... Mack, Duch and Landy?

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I just looked at our 2012 roster for fun... LOL!
Statsny
Duchene
OReilly
Hejduk
Mueller
Winnik
Galiardi
Yip
Kobasew
Mcclement
Mcleod

Gotta wonder who will still be in Denver in 3 years... Mack, Duch and Landy?

In terms of forwards, I'd imagine Tanguay will still be there, as will as McGinn, Mcleod, and Mitchell.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007

I didn't say that they didn't make a mistake. But if they are willing to trade a #2 overall pick that was a good player, why on earth would the exact same group trade assets to acquire someone of the same ilk. Makes no sense.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
i'm sure they regret trading Seguin , in fact they regret trading Segin AND letting Iginla go , they badly need someone to play in their top 6 even more so with Lucic Krejci .

Like i said, Kane would be a perfect fit for them , he's their kind of players .

No doubt he's their kind of player - on the ice - but off the ice? He's worse, much worse, than Seguin, and I don't believe for one second they'd be interested. If they were, they'd probably sour on him very soon if traded there and they would in turn probably look to move him

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
I understand the ROR headache, but please, please, do not trade him unless it is for a #1 or #2 defenseman. He looks like a channeled version of Datsyuk or Bergeron, the offense will come. If he is willing to sign long term (6+ years) in Colorado for $5-$6M AAV then it's a great deal. Please keep the guy. Offer him 7 years for $40M and go from there.

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham

Seguin wasn't a Bahstin kinda guy. And he wasn't going to supplant Krejci and Bergeron, it's that simple. They have a very clear cut hierarchy and he wasn't a part of it. It's easy to say "oh they'll regret this" while Seguin is piling up points, but it still remains that he would never be more than a 3C in Boston.

I don't think they want Kane either, they already have Lucic and Marchand, why do they need more headaches?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I understand the ROR headache, but please, please, do not trade him unless it is for a #1 or #2 defenseman. He looks like a channeled version of Datsyuk or Bergeron, the offense will come. If he is willing to sign long term (6+ years) in Colorado for $5-$6M AAV then it's a great deal. Please keep the guy. Offer him 7 years for $40M and go from there.

If he would sign long term at 6 it would have already happened.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

Were going to need to offer 8 years for $56m. Personally, I do it. Maybe we can get Methot for $5.5 and be set for the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad