Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Doesn't Ferraro hate the Avs? Isn't this a noted fact at this point?

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
It seems like mentally some pundits haven't realized what lower scoring levels means.

O'Reilly, since being used on a scoring line from 2011 and forward, is 33rd in center PPG with a 57 point pace.

There are only 15 centers on a 70 point pace and six centers that are PPG (Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Giroux, Tavares, Bäckström).

Add that O'Reilly is better defensively than most than a handful of the centers above him and it's bizarre to call him a third line center. If he's one Backes, Plekanec, Kesler also are.

Last season, there were under 25 centers with 60 or more points.

By the time I got to the top 50 scoring centers last year, I was getting into the lower 40s in points.

Ferraro just did a Chambers - throw some **** out there publicly without checking his facts. Simple facts to check, too.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lol this is Ray Ferraro, the same guy who every time he calls an Avs game makes a point out of bashing Erik Johnson and talking about how he simply isn't good enough? :laugh:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
That's the issue I have with ROR. He wants to be paid like a top star but he topped 50 pts twice. Yes his defensive game is elite but he wants more than he is worth.

League isn't high scoring anymore. A player who has the ability to put up 50-60 points while being as good defensively as ROR is going to get paid, regardless. Patrice Bergeron doesn't exactly scream offensive juggernaut but he gets $6.5M per season.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Ferraro is a dimwit.
60 pts + for a second liner?

He seems to be a decade behind with his opinions.
A consistent 60+ point center who is good defensively is easily a #1 in this league IMO.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Ferraro is a dimwit.
60 pts + for a second liner?

He seems to be a decade behind with his opinions.
A consistent 60+ point center who is good defensively is easily a #1 in this league IMO.

That seems to be the expectations from some here too when they call out our forwards production.

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
Lol. There were 20 centers with more than 60 points last year (3 of whom were Avs not including ROR but still including Mackinnon who wasn't center for a good chunk of the year) and maybe an additional 5-10 who were on pace for it but were injured too much. So there are only around 25-30 #1 and #2 centers combined in the entire NHL?

There were only 49 players total (including LW, C, RW, and D) in the entire league to get to 60+ points and you could argue for another 20 players who got injured. Some people just really don't understand how scoring works in the NHL in 2015.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
That seems to be the expectations from some here too when they call out our forwards production.

Eh, not really. Duchene has proven two years in a row that he can be a PPG player, so that's the expectation for him. If not PPG, than slightly under it at 70-75 points in an 82 game season. He's well off that pace now.

MacKinnon is only 19 so he does get a little more leeway from me, but it's not so much his lack of production that bothers me as much as his tendency to kill plays by making boneheaded decisions when he gets the puck into the zone. But when he does get into his prime, he's expected to be better than Duchene, so PPG for him in the future should be his expectation.

Landeskog and O'Reilly I'd be perfectly fine with both of them scoring 50-55 points per season and playing excellent defensively.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Chris Nichols ‏@NicholsOnHockey 19s19 seconds ago
(NEW) Dreger: “I don’t believe the Toronto Maple #Leafs are strongly going after Ryan O’Reilly." #Avs http://www.nicholsonhockey.com/wort...e-leafs-are-strongly-going-after-ryan-oreilly …

Translation - They don't like anything Nonis is throwing at them, so he got his cous to pretend they're not interested. It's like when someone keeps getting shot down by a chick so they call her a lesbian.

Dreger pretending they're not after him, Ferraro calling him a #3 C. It's such nonsense.:laugh:

I don't think it's possible for Toronto to push for ROR through media any harder than they are right now. It's ridiculous the amount of reporters doing their bidding with ROR rumors, and Dreger has gone full Ektard.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
About the contracts thing, does it matter if we hit 50 say after the trade deadline or is there still a need to have flexibility then? And what for? If they want to say give Bigras a NHL look in April or something would his contract have to count even if it still slides since very doubtful he'd get over 9 games?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't think it's possible for Toronto to push for ROR through media any harder than they are right now. It's ridiculous the amount of reporters doing their bidding with ROR rumors, and Dreger has gone full Ektard.

I know. I get he's the biggest trade rumor out there but doesn't Toronto have other things to worry about? Like that Phaneuf for Richards one should be worth a few days of talk radio at least.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I know. I get he's the biggest trade rumor out there but doesn't Toronto have other things to worry about? Like that Phaneuf for Richards one should be worth a few days of talk radio at least.

The Toronto media is practically begging for Ryan O'Reilly at this point. "Come on, please please pleaseeeeeee give him to us! PLEASEEEE! We'll give you Jake Gardiner! He's a future top pairing guy!"

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
About the contracts thing, does it matter if we hit 50 say after the trade deadline or is there still a need to have flexibility then? And what for? If they want to say give Bigras a NHL look in April or something would his contract have to count even if it still slides since very doubtful he'd get over 9 games?

I think you still have to have a contract slot for him.

Avs are at 49 contracts now, I think and it's possible they trade players for picks at deadline.

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m1 minute ago View translation
Penguins trade Marcel Goc to St Louis for Max Lapierre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad