Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXVIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I love Bigras but he has a lot of muscle to put on before he's ready. That's why I think he needs next summer and the one after that before he can start pushing for an NHL gig. Siemens will be ready for some games this year, and should push Holden or Stuart out next season.

Bigras is already stronger than at least one defensemen playing for the Avs right now... Also, his game isn't built around being stronger than the opposition. It is about great stick work, positioning, and skating.

Stuart isn't going anywhere. Stuart will either be paired with Barrie, or another youngster throughout his tenure here.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
ROR needs to be traded next offseason if we can not get him extended.

Going into the season with him would be beyond stupid. No matter what type of production he shows this year.

Otherwise this will be Stastny 2.0 or does anyone really believe that Roy will trade ROR if he is playing well with the Avs being in a playoff position?

Also it increases the amount of potential suitors and avoids the risk of running into a "crashed" market for forwards like last year.

@ Bender:
I agree with you.
Bigras and Siemens are not a sure thing. I don't expect more than a #5/#6 D-man at best out of these two for next year.
Hopefully one of them turns into a legit top 4 D in the future.

We need placeholders but those should be gotten rather cheaply in UFA.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I really doubt he pushes Stuart out, we just signed him for 2 years more. Holden sure.

He won't push stuart out completely, but if we add the EJ partner we need I see the spot next to barrie and bottom 2 spots essentially rotating between Redmond, Stuart, Siemens and Holden. And who knows whether we get the shockingly-competent Stuart we've seen this year, or if we get the Stuart who was in SJ last year or in detroit before then.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Hishon's stats aren't that good this year, but he hasn't been that bad from what I've seen.

Vincour, Rendulic and Sgarbossa have played well too. Carey might be Everberg replacement.

Considering Roy wanted him to focus on getting better defensively, that doesn't mean he won't be called up.

His overall game will probably determine that.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Well with McGinn out, Everberg likely out awhile and Tanguay probably out for a decent amount of time that leaves them with:

ROR-Duchene-
Landy-Mitchell-Iggy
Briere-Mack-
Talbot-Cliche-McCleod

Yikes! I'd be ok with moving next years pick for a forward if it looks bad on the injury front.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Well with McGinn out, Everberg likely out awhile and Tanguay probably out for a decent amount of time that leaves them with:

ROR-Duchene-
Landy-Mitchell-Iggy
Briere-Mack-
Talbot-Cliche-McCleod

Yikes! I'd be ok with moving next years pick for a forward if it looks bad on the injury front.
No way. That would be a pure panic move. See what you have in the AHL and hope that your top guys step up.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
You wouldn't move '16 picks?

And Avs players in the A? Have you seen how many AHL'er's are already on the Avs?
Moving a draft pick because of a few injuries is a panic move. It's not like the Avs are winning the Cup this year. We're 25th in the league right now. No reason to do something like that.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

ROR-Duchene-
Landy-Mitchell-Iggy
Briere-Mack-
Talbot-Cliche-McCleod

I would not be ok with that.
Why would we do that??

To finish 11th last instead of 9th last?

This would be Erat for Forsberg (although he was already picked) 2.0.

Just bring up one of our Lake Erie guys or work the waiver wire.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Bigras is listed as 6'2 194lbs on the OHL site and he's got 10 months to get stronger. It's not like he's a shrimp.

While he does rely on his positioning and being excellent with his stick defensively, he does a good job along the boards and tying up players/sticks in front of net.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Moving a draft pick because of a few injuries is a panic move. It's not like the Avs are winning the Cup this year. We're 25th in the league right now. No reason to do something like that.

We all know they're not winning the cup. But if you can bring in some actual NHL talent you wouldn't do it? Especially on D?

I like to watch the team be competitive I guess. But to be completely honest i'm prepping for a top 5 pick and am actually ok with it due to the players available.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
We all know they're not winning the cup. But if you can bring in some actual NHL talent you wouldn't do it? Especially on D?

I like to watch the team be competitive I guess. But to be completely honest i'm prepping for a top 5 pick and am actually ok with it due to the players available.

Didn't you just want to move our 2016 picks for forward help because of injury?

And you are severly overestimating what a 2016 1st pick can get you on his own.
Maybe you get a Jake Gardiner that looks utterly horrible in Toronto right now.
Doubt that you get anything better.

Absolutely not worth it.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If there was a deal out there to bring in a top 2 D it would have happened already. I don't think even O'Reilly can bring that back. He's the only real chip that exists and they have to decide to move on from the season before moving him.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Bigras is already stronger than at least one defensemen playing for the Avs right now... Also, his game isn't built around being stronger than the opposition. It is about great stick work, positioning, and skating.

Stuart isn't going anywhere. Stuart will either be paired with Barrie, or another youngster throughout his tenure here.

Bigras' game is built around being able to not get pushed around defensively. He won't be able to play his game in the NHL until that happens.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bigras' game is built around being able to not get pushed around defensively. He won't be able to play his game in the NHL until that happens.

Bigras has the skating, positioning, and hockey sense that will allow him to play his game and be successful at the NHL level. Barrie gets pushed around on a regular basis, especially around the net, but he's doing okay.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 60 s

Not sure what's out there but Jason Demers traded to Dallas for Brendan Dillon. I believe Stars also get a pick from Sharks

Dallas had negotiation problems with Dillon so perhaps that's part of the reason for moving him.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 60 s

Not sure what's out there but Jason Demers traded to Dallas for Brendan Dillon. I believe Stars also get a pick from Sharks

Dallas had negotiation problems with Dillon so perhaps that's part of the reason for moving him.

Wasn't Dillon supposed to be the next big thing for the Stars? He has struggled this season but this seems like an odd one.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Bigras has the skating, positioning, and hockey sense that will allow him to play his game and be successful at the NHL level. Barrie gets pushed around on a regular basis, especially around the net, but he's doing okay.

Barrie's also stronger than bigras for now, and Barrie's game is much more based around his ability control the game through the puck and his production. You don't have to tell me what makes Bigras such an awesome prospect, I love the kid, but he just doesn't look even close to strong enough to be his sexy self against grown men yet. And I'd be shocked if one more summer was enough. And even if it is he should still start off dealing with grown men in the AHL before moving up to the NHL.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Wasn't Dillon supposed to be the next big thing for the Stars? He has struggled this season but this seems like an odd one.

he struggled last year too.

considering how nill played real hardball with him, seems like nill (and ruff) don't and didn't like him.

they also get another RH shot in demers.

dillon has potential to be betetr than demers for sure. but his lack of hockey IQ is big weakness that might prevent him to use those tools that he has effectively.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
As I said in the other thread... just an odd trade. The negotiations had to play a part in this.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I love Bigras but he has a lot of muscle to put on before he's ready. That's why I think he needs next summer and the one after that before he can start pushing for an NHL gig. Siemens will be ready for some games this year, and should push Holden or Stuart out next season.

He looked fine in the subway super series when going up against the bigger guys (Russia had some pretty big dudes), minus one play where he went for a hit but was sent to the ice himself instead. Did a good job with holding his positioning in front of the net and held his own along the boards.

I really doubt he pushes Stuart out, we just signed him for 2 years more. Holden sure.

Holden just got an extension as well. Though I would imagine Stuart plays over Holden if someone is being pushed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad