Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXVIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Rendulic, size is king

If Hishon is not injured, he'd make the most sense filling a play-making role.

Sgarbossa would probably be the most interesting.

My vote would be for Hishon if healthy. I mean sure he's not giant but I feel he can make an impact and he works hard. We could use some effort on the Avs these days.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
All good guys. Avs have been in on every defenseman available recently. What else can you really ask for?

it's true i heard the same thing on TV . Rumour is that we are desperately looking for a Dman , calling every team . So much that the guy added that we almost look like a joke .

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
My bet is Vincour. If I could pick anyone would be Henley. He's not the most talented but he'd forecheck and get his ass to the net, exactly what this team needs. If they want a small forward I'd pick Colin Smith, he's at least leading the team in scoring.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I don't think Henley would make sense just because of Tanguay's role (not that I expect the callup to play on the top line). They have to replace some offense with Tanguay out. Street or Carey would be so disappointing. Give a young guy a chance.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Depends what type of player they want and if they'd give him a scoring role.

Don't think it would be Carey, he's a little banged up and I think Roy saw enough, I'd be pretty surprised if it's not Vincour, Street or Rendulic.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
If we're afraid of trading a 2nd/3rd line tweener because we don't think we can replace him, then we're never going to fix the defense. Period. At some point, you have to give a little to get a little. And I own a McGinn jersey, love the guy, but he's obviously a trading chip that needs to be used.

Everberg is going to get a shot at that role right now. He may not be as good offensively, but he does look like a stronger two way player than McGinn.

That isn't the point. The point is they're all but assuredly going to lose O'Reilly too so they have to replace both. They have to be smart about any kind of McGinn trade, it's not that they have to keep him.

If they're going to lose O'Reilly anyway, it's probably a smarter move to package him so you get a lesser winger back with a D man, and keep McGinn. Or make a move later in the summer after you know you've brought in a winger like Glenncross, Frolik, or Foligno.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Are we sure they're going to call someone up? They're pressed pretty tightly against the Cap right now.

If Tanguay or Everberg is injured and McGinn/Winchester can't play, they have to unless they want to play with 11 forwards.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Whoever we call up isn't going to jump in and fill Tanguay's role. It doesn't work that way. The player we call up (or players if Everberg is out and and McGinn is still out) will slot in on the 4th line, and current roster players will just move up a line. MacK will probably move to the top-6 (maybe Briere) to fill Tangs' spot, and then 1 or 2 (depending on the situation) of McLeod/Talbs/Cliche will be moved to the 3rd line.

Then maybe after a few games the callups get 3rd line minutes if they pay they dues like Everbeast had to and is still doing.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Whoever we call up isn't going to jump in and fill Tanguay's role. It doesn't work that way. The player we call up (or players if Everberg is out and and McGinn is still out) will slot in on the 4th line, and current roster players will just move up a line. MacK will probably move to the top-6 (maybe Briere) to fill Tangs' spot, and then 1 or 2 (depending on the situation) of McLeod/Talbs/Cliche will be moved to the 3rd line.

Then maybe after a few games the callups get 3rd line minutes if they pay they dues like Everbeast had to and is still doing.
Nobody said he'd replace Tanguay's role, but some of Tanguay's offense has to be replaced, at the very least. McLeod, Cliche, and Talbot aren't going to provide that, and for the most part, Roy hasn't let any of those guys touch any of the top 3 lines, as opposed to last year.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
thing is the avs have 2 who will be ready for next year(bigras+siemens). might just have to suck it up this year and bounce back next year

Please stop penciling in prospects whom have shown nothing so far at the pro level to be able to just 'step-in' to an NHL lineup. If anything, we need placeholders to allow for these guys to continue to develop so that when they are REALLY ready, we can slide them in and take the decision at that time. A year in the AHL for Bigras certainly wouldn't do him any harm. If he or Siemens become DOMINANT at the AHL level, fine...then you can take a decision when that happens.

People were doing the same thing with Gaunce after his average at best 11 game
audition back in 2011. :shakehead

May as well keep ROR until the trade deadline in 2016

He'll be awesome in 15-16. Its a contract year

Yeah, that's why they should have traded him this summer. Now teams are wondering if the 60+ season last year was an aberration. They need to do it NOW or wait until then because if ROR finishes the year with 40 points, they won't get a good return. The return would be better right now if that happens.

it's true i heard the same thing on TV . Rumour is that we are desperately looking for a Dman , calling every team . So much that the guy added that we almost look like a joke .

Who said that?

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Bender, ROR's had 50+ points earlier in his career and he was leading Avs that season. Don't worry, his trade value is not gonna crash just because he's had bad 20 games or 82 games. He's a solid player and everyone knows it. ROR will get you 50-60 points around a year and play good defense.

Ror put up 55 points and then same pace on shortened lockout season and now he's doing little worse, but we are only 20 games in.

Bender, you are right about prospects. We shouldn't pencil them into our rosters for next season. No way we can tell If Bigras/Siemens are ready to play next season, give them time.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Siemens probably isn't going to be ready for a full time spot next year. He still has some issues to work out from what I have seen this year, and has a ways to go. IMO Bigras will be ready... the #1 reason is the mental side of his game is so strong. On top of that, he is already a NHL level skater. Strength will be an issue, but with the right partner that can be masked. Now he shouldn't be penciled in, and should have to earn a spot... but I think he makes the opening night roster.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Siemens probably isn't going to be ready for a full time spot next year. He still has some issues to work out from what I have seen this year, and has a ways to go.

If that's the case, then I don't think Siemens will see an NHL game in a Colorado uniform.

IMO Bigras will be ready....

I'll believe it when I see it. Hope you're right though.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I love Bigras but he has a lot of muscle to put on before he's ready. That's why I think he needs next summer and the one after that before he can start pushing for an NHL gig. Siemens will be ready for some games this year, and should push Holden or Stuart out next season.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Hishon's stats aren't that good this year, but he hasn't been that bad from what I've seen.

Vincour, Rendulic and Sgarbossa have played well too. Carey might be Everberg replacement.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I love Bigras but he has a lot of muscle to put on before he's ready. That's why I think he needs next summer and the one after that before he can start pushing for an NHL gig. Siemens will be ready for some games this year, and should push Holden or Stuart out next season.

I really doubt he pushes Stuart out, we just signed him for 2 years more. Holden sure.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Hishon's stats aren't that good this year, but he hasn't been that bad from what I've seen.

Vincour, Rendulic and Sgarbossa have played well too. Carey might be Everberg replacement.

If Everberg's job was to warm the bench then sure. Let's not forget Carey was taken out of the playoffs for Joey Hishon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad