Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
We started the season like **** and then had a road trip that went poorly. A coach turning to the guys he has trust in in that hard time shouldn't surprise. It's now that we're back home that I'd expect Redmond to get a look if Guenin keeps sucking.

Same as then sending down Everberg over cliche when Aitto got called up. Doesn't mean patty doesn't want to give EB chances to establish himself over cliche, just that that hasn't happened yet.

Next season our third pairing should be Redmond with Stuart or a Hejda like FA to be pushed by Siemens if we can't add someone to play with EJ and bump Stuart down. Holden in the top 4 seems pretty much a lock until and an EJ partner is brought in and Siemens or Bigras surpass him in a few years.

Getting the EJ partner will be the tricky part. While we don't have any crucial FAs to re-sign next summer like we did this past one, we will have 4 core guys who expire the summer after that. And how much cap space they take up could effect what we can afford to spend on a dman, so we really need at least a couple of those guys to have their terms worked out before FA opens and they can officially put pen to paper. If that happens, and the deals are on the friendlier side, at least for EJ and MacK, then we should have a good chance to pull one of Sekera, Erhoff, or Martin.

Last edited:

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
It seems like quite a bit of you still have hope in Siemens. I honestly think that if he doesn't make the team by next season then they should trade him if he has any value at all. I would love to see him get a shot, but I believe that even if there were an opening, Roy would call up someone else.

I am done with Guenin and wish that there were more changes on the d corps. I really hope that Bigras and Siemens is ready to make the jump next year but I really believe that only Bigras will be given a chance. Not sure why Siemens hasn't gotten a shot yet. Well I do know about his injury problems but it would be nice to see what he could do when healthy.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It seems like quite a bit of you still have hope in Siemens. I honestly think that if he doesn't make the team by next season then they should trade him if he has any value at all. I would love to see him get a shot, but I believe that even if there were an opening, Roy would call up someone else.

I am done with Guenin and wish that there were more changes on the d corps. I really hope that Bigras and Siemens is ready to make the jump next year but I really believe that only Bigras will be given a chance. Not sure why Siemens hasn't gotten a shot yet. Well I do know about his injury problems but it would be nice to see what he could do when healthy.

Roy went out of his way to praise him this past preseason/training camp where Siemens looked good... actually really good. He left an impression in a good way.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Roy went out of his way to praise him this past preseason/training camp where Siemens looked good... actually really good. He left an impression in a good way.

Dean will undo everything Roy/Tourigny/Foote did.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

It sounded like he had a really good camp and he has some great tools to work with. What's there not to hope about? It's not like he is in his mid 20s, drafted half a decade ago, been healthy at the pro level or even played multiple seasons in the pros (*cough* Elliott).

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Between now and the end of next season is a long time. Yeah by then they need to give Siemens a look, I would expect them to do so. But Roy won't even play Redmond, its not like Siemens is going to play anytime soon.

Roy is never ever going to waive Cliche, I wouldn't waste any time expecting it. 13th forward is the best we can hope for.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Speaking realistically, the Avs have 6 defensemen signed for next season. If Wilson plays lights out the rest of the season, he could potentially earn another contract... I don't really see that happening, but that would then be 7 of 8 spots. There will be injuries during the next two seasons, and that is where Siemens is going to have to make an impression. He isn't going to just be given a job, he is going to have to take it. The opportunity to seize a job will be there at some point during this season and/or next training camp.

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 12m12 minutes ago
Puck-rakers: Nathan Horton's back injury could end his season, and career http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com...4/10/horton-back-could-end-season-career.html

You have to feel for Columbus. Totally sucks for them. Hockey wise, I could see them targeting somebody like McGinn.

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 23m23 minutes ago
Dreger said most recent request from Buff to Detroit for Myers was Larkin and Kindl. Said it's too much for Detroit.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I mentioned it in another thread. In one of the games I saw with Detroit they had 16 players drafted by Detroit playing, two unsigned free agents and one player drafted by another team (Drew Miller).

Them not being willing to trade Larkin is fully in line with who they are as an organization.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Siemens has only entered his SECOND year as a Professional...a lot of people are overlooking that.

Right? I expect him to get a call up or two when injuries hit this year, and am quite optimistic with him, but he's probably starting next year in Lake Erie as well before taking a roster spot for good if all goes well.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 23m23 minutes ago
Dreger said most recent request from Buff to Detroit for Myers was Larkin and Kindl. Said it's too much for Detroit.

What would similar players for the Avs be? I haven't watched DET for awhile.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Avs would need to shed someone's contract in any Myers deal which will likely make for a decent pick going with the contract and the prospect(s).

Avs really need to shed NHL contracts if they are not a playoff team at the deadline (maybe even if they are). They are the only team with more than 18 contracted players for next year on their current roster (21). Add in some younger guys like Bigras, Siemens, etc and there is very little flexibility to change much without burying and buying out guysif this group doesn't mix well. I'd hate to see some more draft picks sent off just to shed salary like in the PAP deal.

Maybe some expensive Vets will retire early ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad