Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
You don't have to...

Kulikov- EJ
Hejda - Barrie
Stuart - Holden
Noreau - Redmond

Wilson & Elliot to Florida, Guenin to LE.

Holden isn't playing on the right. He can barely stick handle on his strong side lol.

It's pretty clear this doesn't happen until maybe next year. We don't need anymore defenders. I'm just not sure I'm happy enough with the ones we have. Still lack that #2 or player who could become a #2. Barrie could but he won't ever pass EJ.

#3-#1
#3-#4
#5-#6
#8-#6

At least if we got rid of Guenin (#7), Wilson (#8), and either Hejda or Stuart (#3)s for a guy who can become a #2 we'd have a perfect setup. I still don't see why we picked up so many rightys.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Our D-core is better than last year.

Stuart is hopefully more solid than Benoit. Redmond an exciting prospect, but most importantly, Tyson Barrie will hopefully be the Tyson Barrie of the final 40 games of the season for 82 games now.

I think our goaltending side will be weaker than last year, haven't decided about our forward group yet...

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Florida would be a team that makes sense for O'Reilly in all honesty, they have the cap space and have a management/ownership that is willing/able to overpay players. Only problem is they don't really have a forward that the Avs probably would want back as a core player and the D men, Kulikov or Campbell, that they might want to move are not big enough chips to create the hole that losing O'Reilly would create, thus they would be sending futures back to Colorado and the Avs would then have to swing another deal to improve up front.

innocuous octopus

Sep 25, 2008

i can see this point of view as it comes from an outsider who most likely didn't watch the avs much last year. it's a fact that they did get older, and they did get slower.
but in all honesty they needed to get older and they needed to get slower. last year in the playoffs they were inexperienced, lacked veteran leadership (sarich and tanguay hurt, giguere on the bench), had virtually no scoring depth after the top two lines, and when their run-and-gun, fast break style wasn't working (on the road) they were unable to score goals.
iginla is 37 but is one of the best leaders in the league and was good for over 60 points last year. he also brings the ability to score dirty goals that come out of seemingly innocent plays, something that was also lacking in the playoffs last year. the briere for pa trade is not what was expected by most anyone but briere brings excellent leadership, the ability to play on the third line and always seems to score clutch goals, especially in the playoffs. stuart is roughly on par with hejda (ie the avs 2nd or 3rd best dman) in my mind but is proven warrior, especially in the playoffs who has won a stanley cup which roy and sakic seem to value and was something which was missing from the back end with the loss of sarich. winchester is no all-star but can play solid defense on the fourth line and chip in a few goals (unlike cliche). the redmond, noreau signings do nothing but add defensive depth to a team that looked helpless after the loss of barrie.
the writer sees a "bad" offseason. i see a team that identified their weaknesses and did what they could to address those weaknesses while staying cap conscious now and in the future.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
Florida would be a team that makes sense for O'Reilly in all honesty, they have the cap space and have a management/ownership that is willing/able to overpay players. Only problem is they don't really have a forward that the Avs probably would want back as a core player and the D men, Kulikov or Campbell, that they might want to move are not big enough chips to create the hole that losing O'Reilly would create, thus they would be sending futures back to Colorado and the Avs would then have to swing another deal to improve up front.

ROR is such a unique player that I can't see how we don't lose any deal we make that doesn't involve a potential top 6 winger and top 2 dman coming back.

Very few options that would actually involve players that are available.

Shaggy88

Bananular phone
Nov 13, 2013
i can see this point of view as it comes from an outsider who most likely didn't watch the avs much last year. it's a fact that they did get older, and they did get slower.
but in all honesty they needed to get older and they needed to get slower. last year in the playoffs they were inexperienced, lacked veteran leadership (sarich and tanguay hurt, giguere on the bench), had virtually no scoring depth after the top two lines, and when their run-and-gun, fast break style wasn't working (on the road) they were unable to score goals.
iginla is 37 but is one of the best leaders in the league and was good for over 60 points last year. he also brings the ability to score dirty goals that come out of seemingly innocent plays, something that was also lacking in the playoffs last year. the briere for pa trade is not what was expected by most anyone but briere brings excellent leadership, the ability to play on the third line and always seems to score clutch goals, especially in the playoffs. stuart is roughly on par with hejda (ie the avs 2nd or 3rd best dman) in my mind but is proven warrior, especially in the playoffs who has won a stanley cup which roy and sakic seem to value and was something which was missing from the back end with the loss of sarich. winchester is no all-star but can play solid defense on the fourth line and chip in a few goals (unlike cliche). the redmond, noreau signings do nothing but add defensive depth to a team that looked helpless after the loss of barrie.
the writer sees a "bad" offseason. i see a team that identified their weaknesses and did what they could to address those weaknesses while staying cap conscious now and in the future.

Good post:nod:

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City

Lets wait until they eventually sign Hayes, then make a deal for
Hayes
Kulikov
2nd---cause we love those right!

ROR
the usual

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
"Heatley @ 1M >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Briere @ 4M."

So there. That conversation is out of the way.

I will take Briere's 15-20 goals over a playoff ghost, who has recently become a regular season ghost due to healthy scratch. :baghead:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 58 s Näytä käännös
Also hearing Vladimir Sobotka has signed with Omsk of the KHL.

Oh. Okay.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I was happy that Ott signed with the Blues, even happier that Sobotka is taking a hike. Duchene is probably sad, might just go to the KHL just to fight him haha

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
So what will be the rules here. This seems very similar to the Hudler situation where he was tied to the arbitration when he came back, will Sobotka be tied to it as well when he comes back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad