Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I think form what little info came out it is reasonable to think 6 @ 6.25m would have sealed his re-signing. That is less than 500k

You can't make that assumption. We know he told teams he wasn't taking anything less than 6.6. Maybe he would have from the Avs but you can't assume. We know he got over 1m more. The Avs still offered more guaranteed too.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
That's the key though or else it won't work.

I don't put much stock in the east coast writers writing the Avs off. The a Iginla criticism is ridiculous. If he went to an east coast or a cup run team they'd be talking about how he was the missing piece. I've read several columns from Boston with great tears over losing Iginla. Hardly the washed up mistake they claim he is now.

Many people wanted PA to go for a 7th round pick and the 4 million in cap space next year might be worth it's weight in gold. After Sarich and Benoit didn't sink the team last year I'm not worried about marginal signings. The only way to "win" free agency from a reporter standpoint is to land the big overpaid vets.

A lot of the national writers seem to be pissy recently since the East sucks and is bleeding talent.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

Unless it's not there for people on their mobile devices, I'm not seeing a "Comments" section...probably because Justin Bourne knows that a majority of them would be critical and asking for better reasoning for his disposition.

What a bad article from the standpoint that he's not constructing an actual argument to back up his drivel...he also pretty much acknowledges that he doesn't think much of the Avalanche given how they played last year and proved a lot of people wrong (when it comes to last season)

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
You can't make that assumption. We know he told teams he wasn't taking anything less than 6.6. Maybe he would have from the Avs but you can't assume. We know he got over 1m more. The Avs still offered more guaranteed too.

Ok, I'll no longer make assumptions that a "Hometown Discount" was being bantered about and that if minimum to other teams was 6.6m the discount wouldn't bring it down around that 6.25-6.5 mark.

I think we should continue to work assumption free on the board as a whole. Will make for less disagreement overall.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
The guy thinks Redmond and Iginla are downgrades. He's nuts.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 3m
Panthers GM Tallon is trying to trade some or organizations' "assets" for a goal scorer. #flapanthers

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
McGinn, Elliot, Wilson & a 3rd for Kulikov & Shore. (HF26)

Lets just do that, sign Barrie & O'Reilly, and call it an off-season.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
McGinn, Elliot, Wilson & a 3rd for Kulikov & Shore. (HF26)

Lets just do that, sign Barrie & O'Reilly, and call it an off-season.

A McGinn/Kulikov swap would've been nice earlier in the offseason. We wouldn't need to acquire Stuart and could use whatever the difference in salary between McGinn, Stuart, and Kulikov is to replace McGinn on the third line.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
A McGinn/Kulikov swap would've been nice earlier in the offseason. We wouldn't need to acquire Stuart and could use whatever the difference in salary between McGinn, Stuart, and Kulikov is to replace McGinn on the third line.

Would it be foul to move Stuart immediately lol? I wouldn't mind moving Hejda either but one of them has to go if we would ever go after Kulikov again.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Chris Nichols ‏@NicholsOnHockey 3 min
Sobotka switched agents in March (Svoboda for Bartlett). Bartlett confirms to Post-Dispatch today Sobotka is changing agents again #stlblues

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Would it be foul to move Stuart immediately lol? I wouldn't mind moving Hejda either but one of them has to go if we would ever go after Kulikov again.

You don't have to...

Kulikov- EJ
Hejda - Barrie
Stuart - Holden
Noreau - Redmond

Wilson & Elliot to Florida, Guenin to LE.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bingo

Yeah the Islanders had a great offseason, signing two guys to get to the cap floor. Well done. Enjoy watching Buffalo take a franchise player with your first round pick next year.

Islanders got a pretty decent goalie and even though they overpaid Grabovski and Kulemin, they still make the team better. I like the moves they made.

Sabres giving Meszaros $4M is a way to get to the floor. The Islanders signings are a lot more than that.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
True, but I wouldn't exactly say fans of that franchise have room to talk when their GM had to beg people to come to their team and still failed. Oh wait, just like they offered Iginla a 4 year deal and he turned it down. I know we are talking about a columnist here and not just a "fan", but the east coast bias still holds up here.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
True, but I wouldn't exactly say fans of that franchise have room to talk when their GM had to beg people to come to their team and still failed. Oh wait, just like they offered Iginla a 4 year deal and he turned it down. I know we are talking about a columnist here and not just a "fan", but the east coast bias still holds up here.

i highly doubt it's bias in this case. definitely not east cost bias.

isn't he allowed to express his opinion if his own favorite team sucks? so what? i've never gotten that thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad