In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
You all make it seem like the Canucks would've traded him to us simply because it cost a 2nd. It's more likely that Garrison is quite comfortable in Florida, and wanted to go to a competitive team, which only really made for Tampa Bay.

I just wanted to bring up the Berra trade again. He probably wanted to go back to Florida.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Garrison went Florida->hometown->Florida. Him having the NTC and the minimal return makes me suspect the list of possible destinations was very short and probably didn't have any non-Florida teams.

No state tax in Florida and great climate. Tampa is on the upswing. Great for Garrison.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
And after just trading Kesler, they could be looking at Stastny

He'd be the biggest loser in the world if he signed with them.

McDavid/Eichel. Only reasonable thing I can honestly think of.

Considering they changed the rules where every non playoff team has equal chances of getting the bigger Crosby that doesn't make any sense.

I'm torn with the idea of getting a dman(or any player) in a trade... I'm not too confident in Roy's trading ability right now.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Garrison went Florida->hometown->Florida. Him having the NTC and the minimal return makes me suspect the list of possible destinations was very short and probably didn't have any non-Florida teams.

No state tax in Florida and great climate. Tampa is on the upswing. Great for Garrison.

There was a strong rumor he refused a trade to St. Louis.

Still, I hate watching other teams get the players we actually need.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Are you ****ing kidding me.

I would have gladly given up the #23 for that.

I wouldn't. Seems like I'm in the minority here but I'm not a big fan of his. I also don't think his contract is a steal like a lot of people do. I'd trade Parenteau or Elliott or a pick (not a 1st) for him because he would be an upgrade but he isn't that great.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado

Not much you can do when a guy has a NTC and probably chose where he wanted to go. He would have been a nice pickup, but looks like he wanted back in Florida.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

Yeah unfortunately in this case Garrison's NMC had a lot to do with where he wanted to go and I'm guessing Colorado must not have been on the list. Or I'm sure we would have inquired.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Either Garrisson refused to come to Colorado, The Avs have another idea for defense, or Sakic and Co missed on a great opportunity there.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Either Garrisson refused to come to Colorado, The Avs have another idea for defense, or Sakic and Co missed on a great opportunity there.

I'm gonna have to agree with other people and say that Colorado wasn't ever an option as Jason wanted to go home.

EDIT: Although apparently Montreal was in strong contention too it seems.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Canucks have 4 picks in the top 50 now. Not bad as long as their scouts don't **** the bed like they've done in the past.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
A) Who knows if Garrison would waive here.

B) I don't want him. He's ok defensively and offensively he was better at slamming the puck into the glass than Erik Johnson is at shooting it into shinpads.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Wow, well if that was in play for us we likely would have jumped on it. Even with the lack of a 2nd we could have probably dealt a 3rd this year and a 2nd or 3rd next year.

But I am more concerned with getting Kulikov.

Congo Jack

is a big fat mess.
Jun 28, 2011
Candy Apple Island
The fact that Tampa got him for so cheap makes me think he only wanted to go a Florida team with a chance at the cup, or to stay in Vancouver. Vancouver is really getting ****ed around by those NTC's.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
A) Who knows if Garrison would waive here.

B) I don't want him. He's ok defensively and offensively he was better at slamming the puck into the glass than Erik Johnson is at shooting it into shinpads.

At least slamming the puck into the glass doesn't result in breakaways :laugh:

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
The rumor is that Canucks are trying to get Tyler Myers. I love the offseason, so much fun.

dwkdnvr

Mar 10, 2004
Canucks have 4 picks in the top 50 now. Not bad as long as their scouts don't **** the bed like they've done in the past.

Feels a lot like they're positioning themselves to try to bundle some picks and move up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad