In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I'd love it if they went after Derek MacKenzie regardless of how the Stastny scenario plays out. He's better than Cliche in literally every aspect of the game and could even force Malkin to the wing or out of the lineup (wishful thinking on that last one)

Mitchell is not leaving the line-up that's for sure.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
My low expectation of a Parenteau trade

Parenteau for Emelin and maybe a prospect/pick exchange

Anything much less in value and I think he stays until the deadline

I don't see Montreal parting with a defenseman unless Markov re-signs. Even with Markov re-signed I still think it's a pretty slim chance.

Grabovski isn't going to sign with the Avs so he can be:

a) a #3 Center, when he'd be #2 on a good amount of teams in the league
b) Paid 4.5 mil when he'll get between 5.5-6.

Plus as others have said, i'd much rather resign Stastny and save the money rather than signing Grabo.

Grabovski only had 35pts last season. I don't think he'll be commanding $5.5m+

Rumors are floating that the Habs will not qualify LeBlanc. I actually wouldn't mind picking him up for AHL depth. He may never amount to much, but could turn into a 3rd liner one day.

Signing Leblanc would be low risk and could have a decent reward, especially when you consider the Avs lack of skilled forward prospects. I don't think Leblanc ever be a third liner though, top-6 or bust.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Lineup could be something like:

ROR-Duchene-Tanguay
Landeskog-MacKinnon-McGinn
Mitchell-Goc/Ott/Grabo-Talbot
McLeod-Boyle/Malhotra/MacKenzie/Fiddler-Cracknell
Bordeleau
Cliche

X/Hejda-Johnson
Hejda/X-Barrie
Holden-Morris/Hainsey/Mitchell
Wilson
Elliott
Guenin

Varlamov
Berra

I like the players you suggested going after but my biggest issue with a lineup like that is the depth up front. When Tanguay (or anyone else) misses time, there's no one who can play in the top six. Mitchell would be the most likely candidate but I don't think you can go into a season with him as the top option to fill in for injured players.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The Hockey Chat ‏@TheHockeyChat 35s
BREAKING NEWS: Can confirm that the Toronto Maple Leafs have officially offered Nazem Kadri straight up for the 1st overall pick #NHL

1485.gif

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
The Hockey Chat ‏@TheHockeyChat 35s
BREAKING NEWS: Can confirm that the Toronto Maple Leafs have officially offered Nazem Kadri straight up for the 1st overall pick #NHL

1485.gif

You'd think he'd want some people to think the things he tweets could have truth to them.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
The Habs had to overpay a bit because of the high rate taxes that we have in Canada/Québec. It happened b4 and it will happend again .
I would take my chance with Emelin without a doubt . Think there's some deception about this player ,mainly because of the fact that he was so overrated b4 coming into the NHL.

Plus , a reason why Emelin dont look so good on the ice could be because he's playing on the wrong side .

And recovering from an injury correct? The kind that take a bit to regain confidence in?

I don't see Montreal parting with a defenseman unless Markov re-signs. Even with Markov re-signed I still think it's a pretty slim chance.

The young talent coming up should push the situation I'd think, but I'm not much of a follower of the team outside the occasional visit to their board and the news wires

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
So Brian Murray confirms Spezza has asked for a trade. I wonder if that will go down at the draft.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Sounds like the Flyers have signed Pierre-Edouard Bellemare. I have always like him when he has played for France.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I'd guess a day or two before. Wouldn't surprise me a bit to see St. Louis jump on that.

Wouldn't surprise me either. It will be interesting to see what goes down with Kesler, Spezza, and possibly Thornton before July 1st. Could either boost Stastny's market value, or potentially remove some of the most desirable locations for him.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
You guys are actually losing your minds...

WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER CENTER!

Johnny Malkin is more than capable of playing the 3C and he's only making 1.8 mil.

Some of you want to add like 3 forwards? That's a joke, guys. Just stop.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
If Mike Richards is bought out and willing to sign for Avs as a third line center what would be the most you are willing to offer him in years and salary.

He's not what he used to be but he has been playing 15 minutes a game in the playoffs.

I'd be willing to give him 3 years @ $3.5M/year. Possibly four years if you point a gun to my head. This would most likely not be enough since there be GMs thinking they can find a way for him to work as a second line center.

I think $4.0 x 3 years or your suggested $3.5 x 4 should be the most Colorado should offer.

He's definitely not the player he was 3-4 years ago, but being able to have his gritty two-way play on the ice anytime Anze Kopitar or Jeff Carter aren't has helped push the Kings over the top.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008

Johnny Malkin is more than capable of playing the 3C and he's only making 1.8 mil.

As a Mitchell fan, I tend to agree, but I can see why someone wouldn't.

Can Colorado go the distance with him as the third line C, especially if he's often flanked by guys like Cody McLeod and Marc Andre Cliche?

Keep in mind, this team once won the cup with Mike Ricci as the third line center, which is rather mind boggling considering the caliber of player he was.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Mitchell is an average 3rd line center IMO, so if he's the 3rd line center you need to improve the wings, or the center position and shift him to wing. Ginner is a good scoring threat from the wing and plays a physical game, but is only about average defensively. Talbot is good defensively, but can't skate that well in Roy's system, so he doesn't play much of a physical game or contribute much offensively.

If that's the 3rd line it's only average IMO, and one injury away in the top 9 from being pretty poor. They could definitely use one more legit two way guy, to shift Talbot down to the 4th line.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

Can Colorado go the distance with him as the third line C, especially if he's often flanked by guys like Cody McLeod and Marc Andre Cliche?

Keep in mind, this team once won the cup with Mike Ricci as the third line center, which is rather mind boggling considering the caliber of player he was.

No. Our offensive and defensive depth were huge problem in playoffs. Roy&Sakic has to do something about it.

What do you mean Mike Ricci? He was great charatcher guy and great guy for third line.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014

McLeod and Cliche would likely never be on his wings. Ricci had his worst season ever IIRC, they wanted him in the middle. It'd be like having Mack on the third line. I don't think that's a great idea though.

ROR-Dutch-Pap
Landy-Staz-Mack
McGinn-Mitchell-Tanguay
McLeod-Talbot-Borderleau

That looks fine. If they move McGinn pick up Kulemin for similar money. If they move Pap pick up a top 6 RW, Iginla or if God is good, Radulov lol. I've been saying don't just pick up a new forward unless we are actually moving one.

More importantly not enough people wanting to give Hishon a chance, that kid still has potential and he'll be dirt cheap.

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't have a problem with a McGinn-Mitchell-Talbot third line but I can see the need for one more defensive center to push Cliche to 13th forward. So if that makes Mitchell or mystery C the third line center then either way. But I think Roy likes Mitchell and he's staying on the third line. The depth problem IMO stems from having nothing to call up and only in the 11th hour did Roy try anyone with some semblance of talent.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Bruce Garrioch @SunGarrioch · 1 t
Murray told me Spezza wants out because he's blamed too often when the club doesn't win. #Sens

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 34 min Näytä käännös
One other note from a chat with Dave Nonis today: He doesn't see a fit financially for Leo Komarov and the #leafs.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Murray told me Spezza wants out because he's blamed too often when the club doesn't win. #Sens

One other note from a chat with Dave Nonis today: He doesn't see a fit financially for Leo Komarov and the #leafs.

So he's not going to the Nucks then.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

Sounds like Toronto is the place for him then.

As long as Clarkson is there, Spezza should be in the clear.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Spezza would be eaten alive if he went to the leafs.

I'd take Leo in a heart beat... he'd be one of the avs better bottom 6 players.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

I don't think Spezza is captain material and last season confirmed that to him, so now he wants out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad