Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggen

May 11, 2012
Seen 15-20~ games of him this season. Obviously he was dominant in SHL-2. From my POV he's a real strong, great offensive talent. If the pucks infront of the net, he puts it in the net, thats how it goes. However, I also think he's only avarage in speed and work ethics.

SHL-2 -> NHL contract jump is getting more frequent, and I think it will continue to be like that, due to the fact that SHL-2 is a really good league.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Seen 15-20~ games of him this season. Obviously he was dominant in SHL-2. From my POV he's a real strong, great offensive talent. If the pucks infront of the net, he puts it in the net, thats how it goes. However, I also think he's only avarage in speed and work ethics.

SHL-2 -> NHL contract jump is getting more frequent, and I think it will continue to be like that, due to the fact that SHL-2 is a really good league.

Thanks for your insight!

Would you say that he is better suited for smaller ice, or that it doesn't matter with his skill set?

With his age this should be a 2 year ELC, so the Avs should at least be able to develop him for a year in Lake Erie if they need to without him jumping back overseas.

Aggen

May 11, 2012
Thanks for your insight!

Would you say that he is better suited for smaller ice, or that it doesn't matter with his skill set?

With his age this should be a 2 year ELC, so the Avs should at least be able to develop him for a year in Lake Erie if they need to without him jumping back overseas.

Now when you mention it, I think you're right that Everberg would fit some to a lot better on a smaller ice surface. But my stance is still that I can't possibly imagine him being NHL ready, but his recent development has been fenomenal and I absolutly think that he's got the chance, atleast!

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Interesting. I'm glad that this time they went and signed a young guy with some tools that they can try to developed instead of a washed up guy like Lindstrom. I imagine he'll start with LE but it'd be pretty cool if we could actually score an NHL player with one of these FA signings.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Interesting. I'm glad that this time they went and signed a young guy with some tools that they can try to developed instead of a washed up guy like Lindstrom. I imagine he'll start with LE but it'd be pretty cool if we could actually score an NHL player with one of these FA signings.

I wonder what kind of performance we'd have seen from Lindstrom and Holøs if they had played for Roy instead of Sacco.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
I wonder what kind of performance we'd have seen from Lindstrom and Holøs if they had played for Roy instead of Sacco.

This

I also wonder about players like Meuller as well.

Coaching is so key to development and Sacco should not be considered a coach, more a cardboard cutout.

Roy knows how to motivate players, work with them, and coach up their weaknesses. Sacco knows how to start a game on time.

member 116861

This

I also wonder about players like Meuller as well.

Coaching is so key to development and Sacco should not be considered a coach, more a cardboard cutout.

Roy knows how to motivate players, work with them, and coach up their weaknesses. Sacco knows how to start a game on time.

A cardboard cutout wouldn't force Erik Johnson to only dump the puck in. The guy is worse than a cardboard cutout.

LTC Pain

Jul 1, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO

I sent a Twitter message to Holos' agent Gunnar Svennson asking him if Holos might be invited to Avs' camp this fall. His answer was "unsure, hasn't been discussed". I think Roy can get more out of Holos than Sacco ever could and he (Holos) would be a solid 5-6 D-man for the Avs. Holos did say in a recent interview with Eurolanche that he would like another shot with the Avs.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Just noticed EJ was one point away from having a career year point wise, and his first 40 point season. Would have been nice to add that to his storyline this year. 39 points and some rock solid D against the top lines every night is still pretty darn good though.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I sent a Twitter message to Holos' agent Gunnar Svennson asking him if Holos might be invited to Avs' camp this fall. His answer was "unsure, hasn't been discussed". I think Roy can get more out of Holos than Sacco ever could and he (Holos) would be a solid 5-6 D-man for the Avs. Holos did say in a recent interview with Eurolanche that he would like another shot with the Avs.

Do we need more 5-6 defenders? Barrie, Elliott and Holden will be under contract next season and are good on the PP. What does Holos bring that those three don't?

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Just noticed EJ was one point away from having a career year point wise, and his first 40 point season. Would have been nice to add that to his storyline this year. 39 points and some rock solid D against the top lines every night is still pretty darn good though.

That's more points for the AVs than Blake produced during his Stanley Cup year....Of course Blake only played 13 games but still...that's something. :)

That being said, I can't believe I just tried to pump Blake's tires. That filthy player not only destroyed the career of a kid I actually liked he also cost us Forsberg and/or Foote with that stupid bonus.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
So is this Everberg signing official? I haven't seen Dater, Pronman, or the Avs twitter say anything about it. And if it is, I highly doubt he steps right into the Avs lineup. I bet they start him off getting solid minutes in Lake Erie playing on one of the top two lines. With what Roy said earlier about trading one of Pickard or Aittokallio, I think he'll probly package Wilson and someone else to get a top 4 dman this summer to play with EJ, Hejda, and Barrie. Free agent market is dry on defenseman; the only one I'd be excited about is Nikitin. He and Barrie could be a great pair or him and EJ. Play Hejda less minutes on the second pair and be more effective for longer parts of the year.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
So is this Everberg signing official? I haven't seen Dater, Pronman, or the Avs twitter say anything about it. And if it is, I highly doubt he steps right into the Avs lineup. I bet they start him off getting solid minutes in Lake Erie playing on one of the top two lines. With what Roy said earlier about trading one of Pickard or Aittokallio, I think he'll probly package Wilson and someone else to get a top 4 dman this summer to play with EJ, Hejda, and Barrie. Free agent market is dry on defenseman; the only one I'd be excited about is Nikitin. He and Barrie could be a great pair or him and EJ. Play Hejda less minutes on the second pair and be more effective for longer parts of the year.

This isn't really the kind of signing where he jumps right into the NHL.

Think of him as a prospect

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I saw an article about it in Swedish. I'll never be able to find it now though. So I think it's legit for sure. I agree, it's not Avs related so it's really not going to catch the attention of many.

Spender

Feb 16, 2013
Växjö
According to his agent they have a verbal agreement but the paperwork isn't done. There were also other NHL teams that reached out to him, but he didn't want to say which.

Seems like he will join training camp next season.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Radulov seems to be on the move from CSKA to SKA St Petersburg.

I wonder what that does to his contract status later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad