Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Absolutely shameful that Bettman reduced the Devils penalty and awarded them the 30th pick in the 1st round, instead of making them forfeit their 1st like they said.

Crystal clear now that Bettman was gonna do this for his buddy Lou given their refusal to forfeit last years pick. Terribly unfair to the other teams that decided to play by the rules.

funny how based on how bettman pops up on devils forum, they seem to think he and league is in conspiracy against them.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Mitchell can't pass in high traffic situations. But he elects not to pass during any other situation either. There were a few moments during the game where I asked why he hell he didn't do a simple tap pass over the blue line, then break up the boards for the pass back. The guy doesn't know how to play as a team, it's always the John Mitchell show out there.

I don't care if he can shutdown Crosby, he's killing the production of anyone that plays with him. 4th line center or off this team.

I tend to agree. At the beginning of the season, we had a 3rd line of McGinn and PAP centered by MacKinnon and they were able to put up some points and actually make stuff happen out there. Since we've traded Downie for Talbot and Mitchell's been mainly used as the 3rd line center, whoever is with him on that line tends to fall off. Whether it's McGinn or PAP, they practically have no chance to put up points because of the way this guy plays. Meanwhile, when Mitchell started the year on the 4th line, there was no pressure to actually pass the puck to Bordy or McLeod and Mitchell's puck possession (hogging the puck) was actually useful under those circumstances.

Luckily for the Avs, I can totally see him pricing himself out of Colorado and we'll likely find a guy who's better suited for that role.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Mitchell can't pass in high traffic situations. But he elects not to pass during any other situation either. There were a few moments during the game where I asked why he hell he didn't do a simple tap pass over the blue line, then break up the boards for the pass back. The guy doesn't know how to play as a team, it's always the John Mitchell show out there.

I don't care if he can shutdown Crosby, he's killing the production of anyone that plays with him. 4th line center or off this team.

I used to think the exact same way, but if you really focused on Malkin during the games where he's been in our top 6, you'd see that he actually was looking to pass and use his team-mates. The problem was that even the super simple passes didn't connect. I really think he just never learned how to make a proper pass.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I used to think the exact same way, but if you really focused on Malkin during the games where he's been in our top 6, you'd see that he actually was looking to pass and use his team-mates. The problem was that even the super simple passes didn't connect. I really think he just never learned how to make a proper pass.

He just telegraph's ****.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
IF any truth to that you'd think a pick, probably a first. Buffalo only wants young prospects and picks and we don't have any of the former.

That's not quite true. Buffalo also picked up a number of players that they could flip for more picks and prospects, while also letting them not rush all of their kids into the NHL. I actually think they'd have liked Parenteau a lot, with his contract he'd be perfect trade bait for them next year, and could fill a spot for them until the next deadline. I'm pretty sure that had Roy offered it, a Parenteau, 1st round pick this year, 2nd round pick next year, and Pickard/Sgar/Hishon for Erhoff proposal would've been very tempting to the buffalo brass.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
BiLq-KQCUAAttqJ.jpg

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I don't see what the fuss about Klesla is. He's a guy who's had horrid injury problems on his way out of the league anyway who doesn't want to play for the worst team in the league. Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He wouldn't be pulling this stunt if he had been traded to a playoff team.

Hard to say for sure but I agree. If he went to a playoff team where he might get some decent minutes, I doubt he would retire. Instead he goes to the worst team in the league that wants to play their young players. I don't blame him.

He isn't very good anymore and the injuries have really caught up to him. Still might be an upgrade over Benoit, Sarich, and Wilson though.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Not sure why him saying he's going to go play in Europe would mean he's not an upgrade. But I did say might so I don't know if he is or not, I bet it's close though.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Tidbit from Dater's podcast is that it wasn't just that they liked Scrivens but they were close in a deal to get him. So looking at the timing of it, that trade was made on Jan 15th, the first time Aittokallio was called up was Jan 13th.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Man I feel sorry for the Isles. Just watched a hockey central interview with Garth Snow, and he spent the whole time blaming the return for Vanek on a bigger name never being traded, obviously referring to Kesler. That is no excuse at all.

Then he said they had a talk with Moulson before he was traded and that they never intended to re-sign him. Why the hell not? Haha. He was a good player for them, fan favorite, and a close friend of their franchise player Tavares. This is why the Islanders are so mismanaged. They let all their good players walk, waste assets, and make terrible trades.

Someone's got to step in and make a crazy offer to buy that team so they can save it from Wang/Snow. They'll probably suck for the next four years or so, and then lose Tavares to UFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad