Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think he was talking about the deadline but he never said it was for a young defenseman. He said there was a trade that fell through and later said they tried to improve the back end but it didn't happen. Unless there was a different interview he did that I didn't hear......

Averick*

I think he was talking about the deadline but he never said it was for a young defenseman. He said there was a trade that fell through and later said they tried to improve the back end but it didn't happen. Unless there was a different he did that I didn't hear......

Coulda been Montreal or Ottawa.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Getting real sick of watching scoring chances go to waste because John Mitchell doesn't pass the puck. Can't wait for this bum to get off the team. Turnovers and wasted scoring chances are the names of his game.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Getting real sick of watching scoring chances go to waste because John Mitchell doesn't pass the puck. Can't wait for this bum to get off the team. Turnovers and wasted scoring chances are the names of his game.

Mitchell played a hell of a game tonight. Yeah his offensive zone play wasnt the greatest but DAMN did he play great defense tonight. Made some very smart plays and worked hard. If this is what we get out of Mitchell from here on...Ill take it

finds71

Jan 18, 2011
Canada
yeah I m starting to accept Mitchell on this team... he is always gonna make those stupid plays once in a while, but overall he is a good depth player to have. He has a very good wrist shot, and can be very effective when playing reduced minutes.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Mitchell played a hell of a game tonight. Yeah his offensive zone play wasnt the greatest but DAMN did he play great defense tonight. Made some very smart plays and worked hard. If this is what we get out of Mitchell from here on...Ill take it

Yeah, he was good, actually kept the puck in the attacking zone when the top two lines were camped out at the other end seemingly every shift. It's not like that line had a ton of finish to it anyway.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Specific to the trade deadline or might he have been referring to the Kulikov thing that fell through?

The conversation was about the deadline but Sakic never said anything like "yesterday" or "deadline" so it's possible he was referring to earlier. I think he was trying to prove they tried so its possible he used an earlier example.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Still claiming PAP for Cowen before they got Hemsky.

Whatever it was, it's probably likely they pick up talks again around the draft. It seems doubtful anything happened to make the deal completely fall apart.

Though that's twice this year they've been close to a deal on a D man, only to have it fall apart. Maybe three, if the "larger deal" that the Avs gave up on with Philly prior to the Talbot trade included a D man.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Malkin can't pass, we've seen what happens when he tries, so let him do his thing when we have to. As he does bring good things to the table when he doesn't have the puck.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
I just want Mitchell to stop dangling at the blue line and making poor decisions. Too many times he elects to make a dumb play instead of putting the puck deep. Bad turnover with about 2 minutes left where he tried to force it to a defensemen last night.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
I just want Mitchell to stop dangling at the blue line and making poor decisions. Too many times he elects to make a dumb play instead of putting the puck deep. Bad turnover with about 2 minutes left where he tried to force it to a defensemen last night.

Mitchell is a good 4th line center, but unfortunately he's on the 3rd line. :help:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Are we still complaining about Mitchell on the 3rd line?

He has been perfectly fine there this year. We all know he is bound to make a couple bonehead plays a games (he has gotten way better in that regard), but every 3rd liner does except the very elite ones. Yeah, ideally we would have a Goc type player as our #3C, but Mitchell is no worse than half of the #3Cs out there and he is versatile with his ability to switch to wing and play on the PK and PP if needed.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Mitchell is good at getting to the puck, and getting a stick on it. He just doesn't always know what to do with it after that.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
I thought Mitchell was really good last night. Did a lot of hard board work, and his line kep good pressure on Detroit.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Malkin can't pass, we've seen what happens when he tries, so let him do his thing when we have to. As he does bring good things to the table when he doesn't have the puck.

Mitchell can't pass in high traffic situations. But he elects not to pass during any other situation either. There were a few moments during the game where I asked why he hell he didn't do a simple tap pass over the blue line, then break up the boards for the pass back. The guy doesn't know how to play as a team, it's always the John Mitchell show out there.

I don't care if he can shutdown Crosby, he's killing the production of anyone that plays with him. 4th line center or off this team.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Guy at work heard a rumour of a three way with buffalo, stewart to Ottawa, one of Ottawa's young D to Colorado, not sure what would be coming out of Colorado. Doubt there's any truth to it.

Any more word on this rumor from anyone? I didn't see this anywhere.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Mitchell can't pass in high traffic situations. But he elects not to pass during any other situation either. There were a few moments during the game where I asked why he hell he didn't do a simple tap pass over the blue line, then break up the boards for the pass back. The guy doesn't know how to play as a team, it's always the John Mitchell show out there.

I don't care if he can shutdown Crosby, he's killing the production of anyone that plays with him. 4th line center or off this team.

Must be frustrating for you to set these parameters and have it completely out of your control.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Must be frustrating for you to set these parameters and have it completely out of your control.

In what way? No more frustrating than anyone else I'd imagine. I just like to watch the game unfold before the play develops. In 80% or more of the situations Mitchell never makes the team play or he tries to and fails miserably. When he does, everyone makes a big deal about it amusingly. It's like rewarding someone for doing their job right.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
In what way? No more frustrating than anyone else I'd imagine. I just like to watch the game unfold before the play develops. In 80% or more of the situations Mitchell never makes the team play or he tries to and fails miserably. When he does, everyone makes a big deal about it amusingly. It's like rewarding someone for doing their job right.

I just meant the 4th line center or off the team part. I've heard all the arguments. Doesn't matter what most think, it depends on what Roy thinks. And Roy seems to have given him a role on this team.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Absolutely shameful that Bettman reduced the Devils penalty and awarded them the 30th pick in the 1st round, instead of making them forfeit their 1st like they said.

Crystal clear now that Bettman was gonna do this for his buddy Lou given their refusal to forfeit last years pick. Terribly unfair to the other teams that decided to play by the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad