Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It's not standard to know what the limited NTCs of your players look like? Really?

If this had happened a month ago, your imagination would have gotten you to think that something was happening because of the timing of it back then. If it has happened the day Murray was named GM you would have convinced yourself he was shopping Ehrhoff.

Anyway, this is a tedious discussion. We'll see what happens by Wednesday.

Haha, I don't think you actually believe any of this. Nice strawman though, implying I said anything about whether it's standard or not to know about a players NTC. I actually never commented on that.

You're honestly just doing everything you can to disagree with me, like avoiding the question of whether you'd ask before or after gauging the returns offered, and giving some very poor reasons like Tim Murray just didn't know Ehrhoff hadn't submitted a list of teams he wouldn't be traded to. Really? He just didn't know that's why he asked five days before the deadline?

Sorry but if you're going to go out of your way to tell me I'm wrong and keep telling me I'm reading into this too much, I'm not gonna let you slide with the kind of reasoning.

Edit: This doesn't need pointing out again, because I've done it five or six times now, but I'm not saying he will be dealt. I'm saying it's obvious they've had discussions with other teams, and like what they hear, that's why they've asked Ehrhoff about his no trade teams. So they can see if those teams are on it, and narrow down the list more.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I still think Anaheim, San Jose, Chicago, and Los Angeles beat them due to being able to score in the playoffs. We shall see. I'm surprised at how many people are planning the parade for them already.

Buffalo is going to turn that rebuild around so damn fast. They are going to be an insane team in 3 years.

2 picks in the top5, probably top 10-15 by Draft day, which is huge. Add in the 29th and probably 20-21st. They can make packages all day long come June. So jealous.

Crisp Breakout

Jan 3, 2011
Chicago
I still think Anaheim, San Jose, Chicago, and Los Angeles beat them due to being able to score in the playoffs. We shall see. I'm surprised at how many people are planning the parade for them already.

Buffalo is going to turn that rebuild around so damn fast. They are going to be an insane team in 3 years.

Maybe they will. When I say Cup favorite, I mean something they have a 25% chance of winning it. You just never know who will step up come playoff time. But this definitely helps their odds.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
@adater: Yes I've heard Ottawa wants Stewart. If not him, they may make pitch to Avs for Parenteau.

He probably heard it from Twitter.

That said, it's a safe assumption. If we have hopes for some type of trade with Ottawa involving Methot or someone, we should be rooting for the Sabres to keep Stewart. Or at least trade him somewhere else that doesn't have a D man we like.

Whoever's interested in Stewart as a top 6 RW, probably has at least some interest in PAP.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Judging by the Miller deal, Buffalo probably would want our 2015 1st as a part of a package for Ehrhoff.

I would not do that tbh.

PAP to Ottawa for Methot would be ok.
I hope that Stewart does not end up there.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Haha, I don't think you actually believe any of this. Nice strawman though, implying I said anything about whether it's standard or not to know about a players NTC. I actually never commented on that.

You're honestly just doing everything you can to disagree with me, like avoiding the question of whether you'd ask before or after gauging the returns offered, and giving some very poor reasons like Tim Murray just didn't know Ehrhoff hadn't submitted a list of teams he wouldn't be traded to. Really? He just didn't know that's why he asked five days before the deadline?

Sorry but if you're going to go out of your way to tell me I'm wrong and keep telling me I'm reading into this too much, I'm not gonna let you slide with that kind of reasoning.

Of course it was prompted by Murray wanting to know what teams what on the list. But it doesn't mean anything more than him wanting to know. It could have been something as minor as a bunch of teams asking to know who was available and Murray wanting to make sure before giving his answer. It could mean a team having offered something for the player and Murray wants to negotiate with them. It could mean they have been given a great offer for the player and want to trade him. It could mean the player have asked for a trade and the GM has to know what teams he can trade him to. It could mean pretty much anything. You are reading way too much into this.

Ehrhoff may be traded. Murray has indicated that everyone is available so we already knew that. Ehrhoff may not be traded. We'll just have to see. Can this please please be the last post on this subject? We've cluttered up the thread enough.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Well I'm actually glad Stastny's friend is no longer in St.Louis. Good news for the Avs.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
And to think Buffalo can still ship out Moulson, Halak, Stewart, and Ehrhoff. They could very well end up picking up another couple firsts.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
The Blues didn't really give up much in this deal. Miller is a big upgrade over Halak and Ott brings more to the table than Stewart.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
Potential targets for BUF if it flips Stewart to OTT: Mark Stone, Matt Puempel, Mark Borowiecki, Fredrik Claesson. Tim Murray knows em all.

Of course, wouldn't it be infinitely more interesting if BUF traded Stewart and Matt Moulson to OTT for a really big haul. Buckle up.

McKenzie doesn't just throw random stuff out there so he has probably heard something.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
The best thing that could happen is if Stewart gets a huge chip on his shoulder from being traded from a cup contender. If he plays with emotion he can be a beast.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Of course it was prompted by Murray wanting to know what teams what on the list. But it doesn't mean anything more than him wanting to know. It could have been something as minor as a bunch of teams asking to know who was available and Murray wanting to make sure before giving his answer. It could mean a team having offered something for the player and Murray wants to negotiate with them. It could mean they have been given a great offer for the player and want to trade him. It could mean the player have asked for a trade and the GM has to know what teams he can trade him to. It could mean pretty much anything. You are reading way too much into this.

Ehrhoff may be traded. Murray has indicated that everyone is available so we already knew that. Ehrhoff may not be traded. We'll just have to see. Can this please please be the last post on this subject? We've cluttered up the thread enough.

If you want to stop talking about it why do you keep writing back insisting I'm wrong with poor reasoning? I'm not saying he will be traded, I'm saying they completed step 1 and talked to other teams and liked what they heard.

Murray didn't ask for a trade because he didn't know Ehrhoff hadn't submitted a list of teams. He didn't wait a month and a half and five days before the deadline because it's just "standard to to know."

I'll say it again, haha. He has a choice. If for whatever reason he has to or wants to ask about Ehrhoff's no trade teams (the reason doesn't matter at all, it could just be a courtesy as the new GM and they already had a list) he can ask before gauging Ehrhoff's return, or he can ask after. 100% absolutely no reason to ask beforehand, unless you're incompetent, or lazy. Neither of which are traits of an NHL GM.

Drij

Mar 5, 2007

no they wont

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Buffalo will be good in 5 years. Or maybe they'll be the Edmonton Oilers in 5 years. These things are hard to predict.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Potential targets for BUF if it flips Stewart to OTT: Mark Stone, Matt Puempel, Mark Borowiecki, Fredrik Claesson. Tim Murray knows em all.

Of course, wouldn't it be infinitely more interesting if BUF traded Stewart and Matt Moulson to OTT for a really big haul. Buckle up.

McKenzie doesn't just throw random stuff out there so he has probably heard something.

Tim Murray is like a kid in a candy store with the position he's stepped into in Buffalo. He already had multiple high picks when he came aboard, and has some good pieces to move with high demand for a change on deadline day.

That Vanek for Moulson deal was a pretty sweet idea though, got to hand it to him. He'll end up with more than he would have got for Vanek alone. If he can flip Stewart into some good prospects he knows from Ottawa, that's another.

He's doing a great job in his rebuild so far. Making Calgary and Edmonton look like imbeciles. I wouldn't be surprised if he signed Ott back in the summer too. Word was the other day he wanted to re-sign there and has family and friends and loves it there.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If McKenzie is right about the Sabres possibly trading Halak to the Wild, that's another team in our division that gets better.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
There is a reason the Blues felt they needed Miller. If Halak couldn't cut it behind Bouwmeester and Pietrangelo, then I doubt Minnesota's defence is going to help much.

If the Blues acquire a center, or high scoring winger, then I'll start to be concerned.

I look at the trade this way though.

Pre-trade ...................................... Post-trade
Blues scoring was a 7/10.................Still a 7/10
Defense is a 9/10...........................Still a 9/10
Goaltending was an 8/10.................Now it is a 9/10

Tremendous amount of pressure on the Blues now. Armstrong could be in a tough position too. If the Blues don't go far with the big trade, he may feel obligated to bring them back at all costs so it doesn't look like he gave up a huge amount of assets for nothing. Not really an issue as I'm sure they would like to re-sign them anyways, but that could be a 10 million cap hit combined between the two of them, or higher if they both feel like really cashing in.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If Buffalo can hit on those picks it will be a beast in 3-4 years.

It's almost too much. You can't have a handful of rookies several years in a row.

I guess that's why they wanted a 2015 first rounder from Blues so they spread out the picks a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia