Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Every competent GM should know the details of the limited NTCs of his players. There is no before or after component here because a GM would want to know it regardless.

Paul Martin has a limited NTC. Don't you think Ray Shero knows exactly what teams are on it? Of course he does.

If you think that's the reason, then why didn't they know it before five months into the season? And why didn't Tim Murray ask it in early January when he was hired?

Instead he chose to wait until five days before the trade deadline?

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
The Sabres are probably going to get a prospect + 2nd from the Sens for Stewart. Then Halak will probably go somewhere for a 2nd too.

Blues could very well win the Cup, but I think Buffalo did very well. Even if the plan is to keep Stewart, he is going to be a lot better away from Hitchcock, and in the East.

Please, please, please let Miller walk in the summer. Knowing the Blues they'll probably sign him to some bargain contract by next week.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
we should make the next blues thread about chris stewart anyway

I was thinking the same thing.

I wonder what Sherman is doing right now after seeing Stewart shipped out.
sherman-greg-220.jpg

Congo Jack

is a big fat mess.
Jun 28, 2011
Candy Apple Island
Jeremy Rutherford ‏@jprutherford 2m
It's believed that Buffalo is retaining some of Miller's salary. #stlblues

I'm just glad we only play St.Louis two more times this year.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If you think that's the reason, then why didn't they know it before five months into the season? And why didn't Tim Murray ask it in early January when he was hired?

Instead he chose to wait until five days before the trade deadline?

Probably because Tim Murray assumed it was already done and when he found out it wasn't he asked the player to do it. There is zero reason for a GM to not know the contracts of his players. I guarantee that pretty much every GM have players submit these lists as a matter of routine and it's bizarre that Regier didn't.

Anyway, I think ten posts discussing this should be enough. If you want to believe it has to mean something significant, nothing I write will convince you otherwise.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Probably because Tim Murray assumed it was already done and when he found out it wasn't he asked the player to do it. There is zero reason for a GM to not know the contracts of his players. I guarantee that pretty much every GM have players submit these lists as a matter of routine and it's bizarre that Regier didn't.

Anyway, I think ten posts discussing this should be enough. If you want to believe it has to mean something significant, nothing I write will convince you otherwise.

You're really trying hard here not to give up on your stance, haha. You think Tim Murray didn't notice Ehrhoff hadn't submitted a list of teams he wouldn't be traded to until a month and a half after he was hired?

That's the reason they asked now five days before the deadline, and that they haven't been waiting until they started getting offers they like? He just didn't notice, or didn't look into it? That kind of person wouldn't be competent enough to manage a 7/11 let alone an NHL team.

I think it's pretty obvious they've had discussions with GM's about trading Ehrhoff and it's not just "standard procedure." Nothing about this timing is standard.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Serious question, does this make the Blues THAT much better?

Think about it for a second. They traded Chris Stewart, replacing him with Ott. As poor as Stewart has been this season, he is still the 2nd toughest player on their team. Not to mention, the Blues have troubles scoring in the playoffs. Well Stewart has 6 more points in one less game than Ott. Just to add, Stewart has 6 points in 19 playoff games. Ott has 5 in 34 playoff games.

Stewart>Ott in toughness and scoring.
Ott>Stewart in grittiness

So the Blues get a little feistier and better defensively? Even though that is already a team strength.

It solves their goaltending issue, but by how much? Obviously Miller is a big upgrade, but I'm not sure he is the difference between a team like Los Angeles shutting them down again.

Anaheim and San Jose still scare me more.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Stewart doesn't always bring that toughness and he only competes when he wants to. Ott is a much better fit on that team.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Of course the Avs are stuck in a division with St.Louis and Chicago. Oh look, you made the playoffs as the 6th or 7th best team in the league...here's St.Louis! Or the reigning cup champs!

Crisp Breakout

Jan 3, 2011
Chicago
Serious question, does this make the Blues THAT much better?

Think about it for a second. They traded Chris Stewart, replacing him with Ott. As poor as Stewart has been this season, he is still the 2nd toughest player on their team. Not to mention, the Blues have troubles scoring in the playoffs. Well Stewart has 6 more points in one less game than Ott.

Stewart>Ott in toughness and scoring.
Ott>Stewart in grittiness

So the Blues get a little feistier and better defensively? Even though that is already a team strength.

It solves their goaltending issue, but by how much? Obviously Miller is a big upgrade, but I'm not sure he is the difference between a team like Los Angeles shutting them down again.

Anaheim and San Jose still scare me more.

I take Ott over Stewart any day. Talent and natural ability can only take you so far. Ott has character and drive. Add Miller and they're my Stanley Cup favorite.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
You're really trying hard here not to give up on your stance, haha. You think Tim Murray didn't notice Ehrhoff hadn't submitted a list of teams he wouldn't be traded to until a month and a half after he was hired? That's the reason they asked now five days before the deadline, and that they haven't been waiting until they started getting offers they like?

I think it's pretty obvious they've had discussions with GM's about trading Ehrhoff and it's not just "standard procedure." Nothing about this timing is standard.

It's not standard to know what the limited NTCs of your players look like? Really?

If this had happened a month ago, your imagination would have gotten you to think that something was happening because of the timing of it back then. If it has happened the day Murray was named GM you would have convinced yourself he was shopping Ehrhoff because why would he want to know if he wasn't discussing with other teams.

Anyway, this is a tedious discussion. We'll see what happens by Wednesday.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I still think Anaheim, San Jose, Chicago, and Los Angeles beat them due to being able to score in the playoffs. We shall see. I'm surprised at how many people are planning the parade for them already.

Buffalo is going to turn that rebuild around so damn fast. They are going to be an insane team in 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad