Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Like I said before the other thread was closed, I hope we're one of the teams going after Leo Komarov.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I'm still on the Callahan wagon. I believe the guy is going to come back strong this second half. Past recent performance isn't always the greatest indicator. The guy still has talent.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm still on the Callahan wagon. I believe the guy is going to come back strong this second half. Past recent performance isn't always the greatest indicator. The guy still has talent.

I'd love to get him, but the cost is going to be huge. I'd even overpay to keep him around. He won't be nearly the player he is today at 34, but the first 3-4 years of that deal he is going to be a beast.

Last edited:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

It's not a question of his drive, his character, or his talent. It's his durability and how much/how long are you willing to invest? A long-term deal paying him top-tier money IMO is just a little too risky. He's a smallish physical forward who already has a fairly lengthy injury history. It's only going to get worse from here.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
It's not a question of his drive, his character, or his talent. It's his durability and how much/how long are you willing to invest? A long-term deal paying him top-tier money IMO is just a little too risky. He's a smallish physical forward who already has a fairly lengthy injury history. It's only going to get worse from here.

I'd still do it. Call me crazy :D

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
There's no way I can see the Avalanche acquiring Kulikov without giving up a 1st Round Pick. Too young and talented for a guy like PA Parenteau to be the centerpiece of the exchange.

Just my opinion but I hope the Avs trade their 1st Round Pick if it will get them a player they view as a defensive centerpiece.

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
There's no way I can see the Avalanche acquiring Kulikov without giving up a 1st Round Pick. Too young and talented for a guy like PA Parenteau to be the centerpiece of the exchange.

Just my opinion but I hope the Avs trade their 1st Round Pick if it will get them a player they view as a defensive centerpiece.

I would absolutely send a 2014 1st to Florida for Kulikov

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
So Radulov looked pretty damn good for Russia.......

Still. No, he takes stupid penalties, and wants the spotlight. I don't see a realistic fit for him here. If he would be happy to come here in a 3rd line role and contribute where he can, at a reasonable salary, then sure. But I don't see it. I don't think he'll come back to the US, much less to the Avs.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Still. No, he takes stupid penalties, and wants the spotlight. I don't see a realistic fit for him here. If he would be happy to come here in a 3rd line role and contribute where he can, at a reasonable salary, then sure. But I don't see it. I don't think he'll come back to the US, much less to the Avs.

I doubt he would consider coming back to the NHL. I flip flop back and forth on whether I'd even want him on the Avs or not but you're selling him short. Third line role? He might have been Russia's best player at the Olympics. Scored goals, made plays, went hard to the net and mixed it up a bit, etc.

Averick*

What kind of a difference will Kulikov make, if with the Avs this year?

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
I doubt he would consider coming back to the NHL. I flip flop back and forth on whether I'd even want him on the Avs or not but you're selling him short. Third line role? He might have been Russia's best player at the Olympics. Scored goals, made plays, went hard to the net and mixed it up a bit, etc.

He has been great in the Olympics and the KHL, but I think that is where he is best, and where he wants to stay. If he was to come to the Avs where would he fit? (assuming the team is healthy)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

A 20-30th overall pick for Kulikov? I'd do it.

He has been great in the Olympics and the KHL, but I think that is where he is best, and where he wants to stay. If he was to come to the Avs where would he fit? (assuming the team is healthy)

He would easily be our best RW so he could play on one of the top two lines.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
What kind of a difference will Kulikov make, if with the Avs this year?

Mostly another offensive weapon from the blue line, but hopefully the Avs could begin developing him into a two-way d-man.

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
A 20-30th overall pick for Kulikov? I'd do it.

He would easily be our best RW so he could play on one of the top two lines.

Agreed on the pick for Kuli

How long would be be our best RW? Maybe one season? I get that we don't have much RW depth, but I don't think that he is the answer.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

He would be our best RW'er where we are short and arguably our best winger overall. Definitely our best offensive winger. Plus his defensive game/board game isn't as bad as people make him out to be.
Radulov is very unlikely to ever come back to NA but if we ever get the chance to get him I snag him 11 times out of 10.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

How long would be be our best RW? Maybe one season? I get that we don't have much RW depth, but I don't think that he is the answer.

This is all a pointless discussion because he isn't leaving the $9M/yr he's making in Russia but if we assume he did come back, why would he only be our best RW for one season? He's 27 years old and one of the most skilled players in the world.

Averick*

Mostly another offensive weapon from the blue line, but hopefully the Avs could begin developing him into a two-way d-man.

My question and, to some extent concern, is that acquiring him and not a rental might forego getting a guy who can help make some noise this year. Ideally, it would be nice to get someone who will be an asset and not a liability in the playoffs this year but also a guy with some upside. If a rental can deliver only a little more than Kulikov this year, I'm ok with that as Kulikov also still has some upside. I want the upside without it meaning settling for a lot less this year.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010

Less than 5 games actually, he'll go back to KHL.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
My question and, to some extent concern, is that acquiring him and not a rental might forego getting a guy who can help make some noise this year. Ideally, it would be nice to get someone who will be an asset and not a liability in the playoffs this year but also a guy with some upside. If a rental can deliver only a little more than Kulikov this year, I'm ok with that as Kulikov also still has some upside. I want the upside without it meaning settling for a lot less this year.

I understand your logic but I'm not certain there are many veteran players available who could offer more than a guy like Kulikov.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
PAP, Millan, 3rd for Kulikov, ?

I have a feeling the deal is gonna have to look more like PAP, 1st, Stefan Elliott for Kulikov and Mathias. Maybe Shore instead of Matthias if Roy can talk Tallon into it.

I think I do the latter, but not sure about the former. It's an awful lot to give up, and they can probably get a guy like Gorges for just PAP. Matthias doesn't seem to have any offense at all at the NHL level, and they only have one year to figure out if he does before he becomes a UFA.

Kulikov's solid play and upside would be nice to have though, and Shore looks like a poor mans Stastny, and could be a good replacement for Mitchell as 3rd line C. Still a lot to give up, but it might be worth it.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I guess I don't understand. Kulikov would certainly help this year, as well as moving forward. He's an upgrade on a lot of our defensemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad