Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) L

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Callahan is a great player and the Rangers will likely re-sign him. The only knock on him is his durability.

They are gonna make the mistake teams recently did with Clowe, Clarkson, Hartnell, Brown etc.. Overpay for a powerforward whos body doesn't have many years left and regret it very much in 2-3 years time. (And in some of the example above, earlier than that)

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I wonder how Roy views McGinn. He's been a pretty good fit with scoring line players, even if he doesn't have scoring line offensive upside. He works with Duchene, Stastny and MacKinnon and is one of the few forwards with size on the team. Seems to fit in with the team off the ice too.

Yep. He seems to be good fit with all our top-players. He's very good player to have and very good in case there's injuries. He can play in so many roles and he's got wicked wrist shot.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Personally I want us to trade pap to Ottawa for either Methot or Wiercioch and keep McGinn.

This is the ideal scenario where all things work out for the Avs. I doubt we can pull it off, but who knows.

Now, on a personal note, I'm going to go spend a few hours getting my car registered. I want to see at least one trade by the time I get back.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Roy said in todays presser that the lines won't change ("when the team is playing so well":help:), so Parenteau is a healthy scratch again. Hard to believe he'll be here after trade deadline.

LOL. Oh man, PAP is goners. If he wasn't disgruntled before, he definitely is now. Please make the move before the Olympic Break. And it better not be for a forward Roy.

Also, I would rather keep McGinn than get Callahan. Don't overpay for character guys, it is stupid.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I really don't want us to trade PAP, IF the return is Bourque etc. Whatever. We need good defenseman back for him, otherwise we just keep him.

I agree, but his trade value isn't exactly rising from the press-box. If this decision is more than just "recovery time" then I'd imagine PAP is as good as gone. I really hope it isn't Bourque as it's not really the guy we need...at all....I feel that (as other people have been saying) that Ottawa and Toronto are better trade partners.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Healthy scratch two games in a row, trade rumours flying around, and talk about him being unhappy. Yeah, I think PAP is gone.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
LOL. Oh man, PAP is goners. If he wasn't disgruntled before, he definitely is now. Please make the move before the Olympic Break. And it better not be for a forward Roy.

Also, I would rather keep McGinn than get Callahan. Don't overpay for character guys, it is stupid.

An argument could be made that the Avs have done that with Landy, and will do that with ROR. Callahan is worth $6m if he plays the level he can, the question is will he or is this year his new norm (I think he will rebound).

foppagirl21

Jan 16, 2011
Denver, CO

Eeesh, yeah, not a good feeling from this scratching.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
An argument could be made that the Avs have done that with Landy, and will do that with ROR. Callahan is worth $6m if he plays the level he can, the question is will he or is this year his new norm (I think he will rebound).

Those are our own young character guys. We would have to give up assets in a trade and then give a 30 year old Callahan a huge contract to keep him around.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Those are our own young character guys. We would have to give up assets in a trade and then give a 30 year old Callahan a huge contract to keep him around.

Oh I understand, and am not saying to not overpay for them... but overpaying for character does happen and it isn't always bad.

I'm not a fan of trading for Callahan if it costs more than a 1st + a good prospect.... and it will cost more than that. I also wouldn't do $6m for 7 years for him, but I would do $6m for 4.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
PA is a goner. Hopefully it is for a D-man. PA should get a better return for a 3/4 line forward. I would trade him for Grabner though.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
The Avs need to get their crap together on this whole PAP thing and either trade him or play him. There is no way you can justify having a guy who makes 4M who has scored 25ish points this year sitting in the press box eating Nachos, when players like Mitchell, Bordy, McCleod, Cliche are suiting up every night. You can't say with a straight face that all the above listed guys deserve to be in the lineup over PAP.

If you're going to trade him, which looks inevitable, get it done now. Don't mess around with a guy like PAP that deserves to play every night somewhere, he is good enough to be in most teams top 6. That's not fair to him, don't make the organization look like crap and give us a bad reputation of sitting players that don't deserve it.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
So should we all start ordering our Rene Bourque jerseys now or should we wait till the trades finalized?

What number does he wear? I'm going to the game on Sat. I want to be ready.

Roy had some decent praise for McGinn today. He was asked about PA and Tanguay and only answered the question about Tangs. Then was asked again about PA and that's when he said he's keeping the same line up. Ominous...

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The Avs need to get their crap together on this whole PAP thing and either trade him or play him. There is no way you can justify having a guy who makes 4M who has scored 25ish points this year sitting in the press box eating Nachos, when players like Mitchell, Bordy, McCleod, Cliche are suiting up every night. You can't say with a straight face that all the above listed guys deserve to be in the lineup over PAP.

If you're going to trade him, which looks inevitable, get it done now. Don't mess around with a guy like PAP that deserves to play every night somewhere, he is good enough to be in most teams top 6. That's not fair to him, don't make the organization look like crap and give us a bad reputation of sitting players that don't deserve it.

That is a bit of an overreaction... these things can take time. We don't know anything. Maybe PAP asked to be traded and Roy/Sakic said they will trade him but in the meantime he will be scratched? We really don't know the inner workings of this.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
The whole thing is bizarre if a trade isn't on the horizon. Roy was talking about how happy he was to have his full forward core just a few days ago and now it's all changed.

Please let it be for a defenseman.

Congo Jack

is a big fat mess.
Jun 28, 2011
Candy Apple Island
If a trade is going to happen before the Olympics, wouldn't today make the most sense? I checked out our schedule and we're basically booked solid after today.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Ok so seems like teams Avs might be trading with are the Habs or the Rangers as those two teams reportedly have been scouting the Avs heavily this year, and there is no secret that Sakic is looking for an upgrade on D.

Rangers supposedly are interested in McGinn and Habs in PAP? What if Avs send McGinn and picks or prospects or whatever they need to add for Girardi, and send PAP to Habs for Gorges and again add a pick or prospect if needed to.

I'd be willing to sacrifice the top 3 scoring lines for two solid d-men like Girardi and Georges, and the Avs i believe will have a much better balanced roster specially for playoff run.

ROR-Duchene-MacKinnon
Landeskog-Stastny-Tanguay

Talbot and Mitchell can form the 3rd line and whoever on the 4th line. I know this leaves no depth at forward position but then the D will look like this....

Hejda-EJ
Gorges-Girardi
Benoit/Sarich-Barrie

That's a very solid d core, and maybe Avs can also pick up a solid 3rd line checking forward along with those trades i mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad