Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) L

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Been wondering who gets re-signed, traded, or let go for next year lately. I think O'Reilly, Stastny, Varlamov, Barrie, Elliott, Malone,and Hishon get new contracts. For the ones that get let go, I have: Sarich, Mitchell, McGinn (traded probably, rumors around him are non-stop) Benoit, Cliche, and Giguere. These are just the people on the Avs or big names in the system

Gaks*

Been wondering who gets re-signed, traded, or let go for next year lately. I think O'Reilly, Stastny, Varlamov, Barrie, Elliott, Malone,and Hishon get new contracts. For the ones that get let go, I have: Sarich, Mitchell, McGinn (traded probably, rumors around him are non-stop) Benoit, Cliche, and Giguere. These are just the people on the Avs or big names in the system

I think Giggy may get a 1 year deal, not sure Pick or Sami are ready. Benoit and Cliche will probably be kept around if they don't want over a mil. I really hope Ginner stays.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008

Expiring contracts
Re-signed: F Stastny, O'Reilly, Mitchell, Hishon, Malone, Carey, Van Der Gulik, Olver. D Barrie, Stollery. G Varlamov, Giguere, Patterson, Milan.

Traded: F McGinn. D Elliott.

Not tendered: F Cliche, Wyman, Desbiens, Lerg. D Sarich, Benoit, Hunwick.

MvpKinnon

Jul 23, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
Expiring contracts
Re-signed: F Stastny, O'Reilly, Mitchell, Hishon, Malone, Carey, Van Der Gulik, Olver. D Barrie, Stollery. G Varlamov, Giguere, Patterson, Milan.

Traded: F McGinn. D Elliott.

Not tendered: F Cliche, Wyman, Desbiens, Lerg. D Sarich, Benoit, Hunwick.

I would keep Cliche. Maybe Benoit too

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Cliche is coming back I think. He may be the next deal the Avs announce as well. Just a gut feeling, but as a RW/C and good chemistry with Talbot on the PP, 800K x 2-3 yrs is my guess

I'm taking Elliott over Barrie as well. Think Barrie will be the one to leave in a trade as whomever wants him will eventually kick in the extra Sakic/Roy want for him.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
There's better 4th line centers than Cliche in free agency.

Fiddler, Boyle, McClement, Goc, Moore... why do we need to bring back Cliche? He brings nothing special to this roster, pulling an injured Chris Drury out of retirement would be better.

I'm not hating on Cliche as much as I am the fact he has a roster spot on this team. It makes me sad that we're a playoff caliber team with such an abysmal 4th line that should be considered our energy/grinder line while we play our top 3 lines as scoring lines.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I really like Goc but he'll have a better opportunity somewhere else. Some team will probably sign him to be their third line center and he should get a nice contract as well. It's the Oilers so maybe they just overpaid but if Gordon can get $3M/yr, Goc should get more than that.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If Avs are more or less fully healthy, what would you want in return to trade Mitchell?

I'd trade him for a 2nd round pick and possibly for a 3rd round pick. I think Avs would be fine without him and I can't see him re-signing here when it looks like he's a fourth liner.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If we can get a 2nd round pick for Mitchell, take it and run. I would be fine with a 3rd round pick as well.

Gaks*

If Avs are more or less fully healthy, what would you want in return to trade Mitchell?

I'd trade him for a 2nd round pick and possibly for a 3rd round pick. I think Avs would be fine without him and I can't see him re-signing here when it looks like he's a fourth liner.

If it's a 2nd I'd say later. A 3rd I'd probably keep him. If he's a 4th line pivot he's probably one of the best 4th liners in the NHL lol.

Holyhell

'Crumblers'
Apr 12, 2007
If it's a 2nd I'd say later. A 3rd I'd probably keep him. If he's a 4th line pivot he's probably one of the best 4th liners in the NHL lol.

He doesn't make smart or simple plays. He doesn't grind any more than most of our forwards and he isn't anything special on faceoffs. He's probably the most useless grind/energy guy in the NHL.

Anything that gets him out of the lineup and either Cliche or Malone there permanently is worth it's weight in gold. I'd take a 7th.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Eh, I'd do Mitchell for a third. Regardless of his mistakes, he does bring some value. I'd rather keep him for the season than move him for a fourth or later.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
If someone is dumb enough to offer a 2nd round pick for Mitchell, you have to take it. I'll take a 3rd or a young player in the AHL too. He's a 4th liner on this team and I can't see any scenario where he comes back. Cliche can be the 4th line center for the next 2 months to finish out the year.

Mitchell is nice depth to have, but he has no role on this team beyond this year and can be replaced.

If Marc Methot became available in Ottawa, I hope the Avs are looking into it. He's a healthy scratch tonight and isn't happy but they don't want to put him back in because they won last night and he didn't play.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
There's better 4th line centers than Cliche in free agency.

Fiddler, Boyle, McClement, Goc, Moore... why do we need to bring back Cliche? He brings nothing special to this roster, pulling an injured Chris Drury out of retirement would be better.

I'm not hating on Cliche as much as I am the fact he has a roster spot on this team. It makes me sad that we're a playoff caliber team with such an abysmal 4th line that should be considered our energy/grinder line while we play our top 3 lines as scoring lines.

The thing about resigning Cliche is he doesn't have to be the 4th line center. He could be the 13th forward. I doubt he finds a team that would offer him a bigger or guaranteed role in a starting lineup. He's been decent but he hasn't really been outstanding, and he doesn't have much of a name for himself.

I'd say it'd be in both parties interest to re-sign. When these depth guys try to test the market it rarely works out because nobody is all that familiar with them. I think he's probably earned a one way contract though, and that could be the sticking point with the team.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I dont think Roy would deal Mitchell for a 3rd. Maybe not a 2nd either. I think he really likes him and will re-sign for more money than he is on right now.

finds71

Jan 18, 2011
Canada
In your opinion, what would it take to get J.Johnson out of Columbus? Would a package around Parenteau work?

J.J + 3rd
for
Parenteau + Wilson

????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad